amy winehouse

Wish i was Joe McGurn

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's indeed sad that Winehouse has died but even sadder that folk are gushing over it more than the tragic events in Norway.

Of course the "Best Of Amy Winehouse" compilations will be getting compiled as we speak to cash in on the grieff stricken masses.

A lot of people are saying that but perhaps some people feel more connected to the death of Amy Winehouse than they do the incidents in Norway. I don't think there should be a pecking order here.

I feel a bit shocked about what happened to her because I liked her music. I'm in no way surprised that her life has ended this way and at this age, but it doesn't stop it being a shock.

Ms Winehouse dead because of mental health problems.

Ninety-eight dead (at last count) in Norway caused by someone with mental health problems.

Five dead in a Stockport hospital allegedly because of someone with mental health problems.

It's a pity there isn't more help out there for the people that clearly need it.

RIP

It's indeed sad that Winehouse has died but even sadder that folk are gushing over it more than the tragic events in Norway.

Of course the "Best Of Amy Winehouse" compilations will be getting compiled as we speak to cash in on the grieff stricken masses.

What a strange thing to say.

Why? It's what record companies do. They know that they'll sell a huge amount of them.

Got to agree... It is cynical but Nothing sells music more than the artist dieing. Add into this all the sessions she has recorded, demo tapes etc being released within the next year or so ad "her final album".

Why? It's what record companies do. They know that they'll sell a huge amount of them.

It was the first part I was referring too. You seem to suggest there is a table of response levels people should be showing when they hear of an unfortunate event. There are surely a number of factors that dictate how someone responds and these will mainly be personal.

There was a train crash in China last night. About 30 died. Should that be responded to greater than Winehouse but not as much as Norway?

I totally agree about the Greatest Hits. It'll probably be released the minute the funeral's over. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see her fame hungry dad release a 'Mitch Winehouse Sings Amy' as soon as they've bled the greatest hits dry.

Personally I always thought she had talent but her lifestyle and people close to her couldn't have stopped what happened. I don't think anybody should be stopped taking risks with their time here so she did but backup is there all the time if she had really wanted it.

Many artists have had a similar end and many ordinary people from all classes in all areas too. Maybe watching her you could see her slow demise but why then did people still get fascinated by her? She was obviously talented and interesting.

Of course there will be a jump in sales that's natural, in fact it would be odd if it didn't happen. However I can guarantee to anyone that Amy Winehouse wont get to enjoy any of that money. Yes it's opportunistic and looks a bit sick but not for the music company owners and shareholders. Maybe they should leave it a while for any new packages or unreleased stuff.

All this mass open grieving is a bit wierd to me also, their motive seemingly to be with others of the same mindset at a particular time. I would rather people if they want to grieve did it personally in their own way but it is now different.

I still stick by this post about her in relation to the artificial poser shite Brits Awards a few years back -

Yeah The Brits are a lot of pish! I have never watched any of them live ever since the build up, advertising of it and the summary after it are so crass.

Amy Winehouse is a talent and she shouldn't appear there.

She was but I'll let her tell you about herself -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll7UFxqI2pM&feature=related

Ms Winehouse dead because of mental health problems.

Ninety-eight dead (at last count) in Norway caused by someone with mental health problems.

Five dead in a Stockport hospital allegedly because of someone with mental health problems.

It's a pity there isn't more help out there for the people that clearly need it.

RIP

Does the 208 bus have a mental health nurse onboard ?

Unaffected by this.

I was more concerned by the BBC news wanting to discuss her than the 70+ people killed by that religious mad man in Norway, surely that deserves more press coverage and also the millions of people starving in the drought in Africa.

Seems self inflicted and if she was not a singer then it wouldn't have made page 8 in the local rag.

Unaffected by this.

I was more concerned by the BBC news wanting to discuss her than the 70+ people killed by that religious mad man in Norway, surely that deserves more press coverage and also the millions of people starving in the drought in Africa.

Seems self inflicted and if she was not a singer then it wouldn't have made page 8 in the local rag.

I think we should have a thread on that. They are unrelated.