#03 - 13/08/11 - Saints 0-1 Dunfermline Athletic - SPL

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It confuses me as to how crap some on here think the Pars are and how 24 hours ago predictions of any easy win by 3 or 4 goals for Saints was being banded about.A few heads need lifted from the sand for long enough to see it is Saints who are presently in dire straights.Who's that sitting 4th at the moment? oh that will be Dunfermline.

can someone please enlighen me on how liam craig got the man of the match award today? possibly the worst player we have on our bill...

It was a wind-up by the sponsors.

Liam is certainly not the worst player we have on our bill, not by a long shot...:shock:

it's fair to say Dunfermline are pish and we should have won comfortably. Robertson looks like an absolutely terrible footballer going by his 2 showings this season. Sheridan was non existent. Also, our fans are ****ing idiots.

On a positive note we are creating plenty of chances. Big Fran looks like he will be incredible. I honestly thought Liam had a really good game today. The best he's played for us for ages.

The main positive about today though are the small pieces of heaven that are veggie pies. What a culinary delight. We may have the worst fans in the league but we definitely have the best pies.

The pies are absolutely outstanding.

It was a wind-up by the sponsors.

Liam is certainly not the worst player we have on our bill, not by a long shot...:shock:

Agreed...I personally have no bad feelings towards Craig re todays game. Ok, the important thing with the free kick at the end was that it stayed in play (or, of course, in the net)...blasting it into the stand was hellish.

it's fair to say Dunfermline are pish and we should have won comfortably. Robertson looks like an absolutely terrible footballer going by his 2 showings this season. Sheridan was non existent. Also, our fans are ****ing idiots.

On a positive note we are creating plenty of chances. Big Fran looks like he will be incredible. I honestly thought Liam had a really good game today. The best he's played for us for ages.

The main positive about today though are the small pieces of heaven that are veggie pies. What a culinary delight. We may have the worst fans in the league but we definitely have the best pies.

The pies are absolutely outstanding.

I am pretty sure there is a far more obvious candidate in the SPL!?!?!:?

Agreed...I personally have no bad feelings towards Craig re todays game. Ok, the important thing with the free kick at the end was that it stayed in play (or, of course, in the net)...blasting it into the stand was hellish.

It's funny how a 'sliding doors' moment during a game can make some fans turn on a player, eh?:neutral:

Don't get me wrong, I'm sitting here gutted tonight after today's result - my head is full of 'coulda, woulda, shoulda...' moments from this afternoon's match but we lost, hopefully learn something from the manner of the loss and we move on.

Bring on Sandaza and bring on Celtic.:cool:

Interesting to see Luis Suarez for Liverpool on MOTD just now.

Clean through and brought down...check

Gets to take the penalty...well, it was HIS pen after all...check

Centre Forward...check

Confident...check

plus

£20million + transfer fee...check

recent man of the tournament in the Copa America...check

supporters in rows f, g, h, i, j, k behind the goal ducking to avoid the ball after penalty taken...check

Yep, Sandaza would have scored no problem at all. It's obvious.

Centre Forward...check

Confident...check

plus

supporters in rows f, g, h, i, j, k behind the goal ducking to avoid the ball after penalty taken...check

We'll never know.

What we do know, as I said earlier, is that their keeper wanted Liam to take it. Wonder why?

Would just like to say a big **** you to the gimp that screamed "liam you're ****ing hopeless" from the main stand as he came across for a corner, which he clearly heard.

I was angry at him too but that kinda stuff just doesnt help anyone.

Agree with this.

I've been saying for a long time that our midfield is useless as a collective, yes, including the great man Jody. I've seen more creativity at the crafts table in a nursery. All I got was insults and described as a moaner.

Derek has a demotivated squad with poor morale, members of which are played out of position, dropped for no apparent reason, played whether they're on form or not, shown favouritism and/or made to look foolish. Who has done this?

We have got some serious issues. This squad of players is not one that should be struggling.

Despite our performance today, at no point did I/would I ever shout out like poang has described.

I am so terribly disappointed that we have reached this point and where so many are so unhappy with the performances.

Those who say it's only two games in, you can't judge this early, need to now get things in proper focus. A blind man could see the signs which were there in the last two matches, and which were there during much of last season, and which let us down against a side so lacking in creativity themselves that our keeper had nothing to do for 90 minutes.

Soulful says we won't go down. I agree that we shouldn't. But we ought not to be talking in those terms at all.

Sorry to say, but for me, Derek's finished. Since the semi final he's shown himself increasingly incapable and incompetent. His big move to England will not transpire if this continues. We'll be stuck with him. Unless.......

Centre Forward...check

Confident...check

plus

Haha the sad thing is that too many saintees actually believe that.

Jody Morris passed it backwards sometimes too, therefore he's rubbish. True story.

Centre Forward...check

Confident...check

plus

Its not that he missed, it happens. Its the fact he hit it in the same place he always does. I honestly said right before it to my dad where he'd be putting it. 9/10 he puts it to the keepers left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-59OvfIXVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrOHWPo_-R4

Sure the miss against Dundee Utd was to the left too.

Really poor performance today. That still doesn't excuse our "fans" from acting like complete morons though. As Poang said earlier Liam clearly heard the abuse that one guy in particular was giving him. There is absolutely no need to single out an individual like that, especially one like Liam who clearly gives it his all.

We need a natural winger, it's as simple as that. We are completely one dimensional at the minute. Cross pitch balls from one full back to haber/sheridan to knock it down but the problem with that is none of the midfielders are getting beyond the two wide men leaving Finnigan as the lone target. Even though that was extremely dissapointing today I am still confident we will finish above Dunfermline.