Time for a change?

Legend of Zorro

Ah, the voice of sanity speaks. Good (actually very good) and well balance post.

For my tuppence worth, I feel we seem to lack unity on the pitch and more importantly we have a lack of leaders who can both inspire and bully ( when bullying is needed). This may be connected to the amount of new signings who don't know the existing players well enough yet and vice-versa. The penalty incident yesterday perfectly illustrated this. The nod had to come from the bench rather than someone on the pitch. In days gone by we would have had at least one player on the pitch who would have strode up to Sandaza, taken the ball of him, given it to Craig and told everyone to shut there pusses.

Dave Mackay did that yesterday he looked at DEL & Doc then told Sanddancer that liam was taking the pen.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been wanting rid of McInnes ever since he got the job!!

Hated him as a player and I was always worried he would turn us into a team in his own image ie. side-ways football!!

I find myself in a bit of a pickle now though....

Having been allowed to bring in all these new faces, I think it is only fair that he is given time to see if he can build a team and start getting results and/or performances out of the current squad.

I would give him until October and if there is no sign of improvement, then it is probably time to consider his position.

Never thought I would say this but he should be given a chance to turn things around!!

I'm probably going to get a slagging for this but I think that we should get rid of both Del and Geoff Brown if he'd sell to a decent buyer!

Ah the old Geoff must go chestnut, what a pile of sh*te.

Some people have to wake up and smell the coffee. Oh wait a minute a Dubai millionaire is wanting to buy our club because he see's us as a sleeping giant and thinks we are under achieving???!!!

If Geoff was not running our club where would we be..............??

I look forward to the answers?

Herts - when you watch the highlights from yesterday and then compare them with pretty much any game in the last 6 months we've played you'll see a difference in the chances created. After ray why down to 10 men and stuck everyone behind the ball it was always going to be difficult but we should have had the game won by half time, no doubt.

Also, did you not think Haber was utilised well as a winger?

I'm probably going to get a slagging for this but I think that we should get rid of both Del and Geoff Brown if he'd sell to a decent buyer! He's no ambition for the club and I think that it shows with the prices, lack of fans attending games, signing utter crap (a couple of names in the past 2 seasons being excempt) etc.

Fair enough we're not in any debt and fair play to him for that but at least show some ambition at the club. If his horse needed a new stable for example, I bet he wouldn't be shy to stick his hand in his pockets then.

Brown can not be criticised for not putting his hand in his pocket. He has allowed Del to sign a good few players with at least 3 getting better wages than they were offered elsewhere.He has also allowed Del to have one on the largest squads & outside the OF probably the biggest wage bill.

I had the feeling it was Geoffs last effort to get us a cup or a Europe place before he packed it in. How he must be regretting it now

I'm probably going to get a slagging for this but I think that we should get rid of both Del and Geoff Brown if he'd sell to a decent buyer! He's no ambition for the club and I think that it shows with the prices, lack of fans attending games, signing utter crap (a couple of names in the past 2 seasons being excempt) etc.

Fair enough we're not in any debt and fair play to him for that but at least show some ambition at the club. If his horse needed a new stable for example, I bet he wouldn't be shy to stick his hand in his pockets then.

You are right about getting slagged for this..

Stupid post of the week

The Admin League, Livi (twice) Dundee (twice) Motherwell, Gretna, Airdrie, Clydebank..

and the up to their arses in debt league we have Killie, Hearts, Dundee Utd..

I don't want my teams name added to that list.

The chairman should not have to put any of his own money ( which he will never get back) into Saints. We have to live within our means and that simply entails not spending more than we earn, which happily we do. St.Johnstone are a business not a charity.

There will be good seasons and bad ( more bad than good probably) but as a supporter I am happy to accept that and have a club that is still around in 20 years..

Given Dunfermline were the team that came up this is a game I would have thought the team would really have been up for to put them in their place so to speak. Whilst there was some ok football played, but there was something missing to pull everyone together. The only people who know what that is are Del, the players and ( i would hope ) Geoff.

IF Del has nothing more to bring to the table in motivating the team and pulling them in the right direction as a unit then he should go. The manager has to pick the players up when they are at a low and drag them where they need to be. Unfortunately there has been a cloud over things since the semi-final that does not seem to be lifting any time soon.

Who would replace him though.. or more to the point who could Saints afford to replace him with after paying off the remainder of his contract remember.

At the end of the day you have to trust Geoff to make the correct decision by the club!

We are creating chances though. Last season we struggled to create therefore struggled to score. So with us creating chances and and actually looking okay going forward there is an improvement from last season. No?

No team spirit? Manager has lost the dressing room? These statements are much more bold than mine, which was based on fact rather than personal opinion.

We are? I must of missed them all as I can only think of McCrackens header in the 1st half being a real chance to score and even then that was from a set piece.

We created zilch against Aberdeen and 1 notable chance against Rangers that Muzz put wide.

We are creating very little from open play right now. Both Aberdeen and Dunfermline were down to 10 men for a good chunk of the match and we didnt make either goalkeeper work once. We even had a massive wind helping us in 1 half of the Aberdeen game and still we didnt do anything.

Sure the players will take time to get it all together but McInnes isn't helping the cause by playing players out of position, being negative and narrow and playing a system the players really didnt look comfortable in.

You are right about getting slagged for this..

Stupid post of the week

The Admin League, Livi (twice) Dundee (twice) Motherwell, Gretna, Airdrie, Clydebank..

and the up to their arses in debt league we have Killie, Hearts, Dundee Utd..

I don't want my teams name added to that list.

The chairman should not have to put any of his own money ( which he will never get back) into Saints. We have to live within our means and that simply entails not spending more than we earn, which happily we do. St.Johnstone are a business not a charity.

There will be good seasons and bad ( more bad than good probably) but as a supporter I am happy to accept that and have a club that is still around in 20 years..

However you would perhaps take Motherwell, Killie, Hearts and Dundee uniteds record over the last 13 years.

I think I saw a report stating we have one of the best bank balances (if not the best) in the SPL. I am not talking about reckless spending but I do feel to a certain extent the finances are are skewed towards having a nest egg for the inevitable relegation.

Wither that is the case or not I dont know but I do know people who look at us that would think about going or have stopped because they do not see a forward thinking club with ambition anymore only one that uses SPL as a business plan too boost a bank balance against accepted relegation.

I remember the when Sturrock said were Saints should now be when he took over was a constant SPL team with occasions every 4-5 years a top 6 and maybe a cup. I would like to agree, we should not be looking at an SPL stay of 3-4 years

Historically we have been a yo yo club but historically we have not had the same finance coming in, something that Geoff should be applauded for among other obvious things. I think Geoff has had obviously had is fingers burnt before and has maybe been around the block too much now, to push the club forward. You cant take away what he has done or is doing for us, but you get stuck in your ways and settle for things, in the end all things come to an end.

I guess the question is if you see Geoff's situation as valuable experience steering the club through historic inevitability? Or if you see the past experiences wearing down the man to an an over prudence of what we could achieve to take club a small step forward to a long SPL run like teams round about us ie utd, motherwell, killie?

Obviously the former we will (should) always have a club, but I tend to think with the stable base we have generating money we might be selling ourselves a little short at times...but that's the Perth way :)

Brown can not be criticised for not putting his hand in his pocket. He has allowed Del to sign a good few players with at least 3 getting better wages than they were offered elsewhere.He has also allowed Del to have one on the largest squads & outside the OF probably the biggest wage bill.

I had the feeling it was Geoffs last effort to get us a cup or a Europe place before he packed it in. How he must be regretting it now

Maybes naw?

I'm not the worlds biggest Geoff Brown fan, but if anything he is currently being slightly cavalier by allowing the club to spend outwith it's means. It's just unfortunate that our expensive group of players is not currently being managed effectively.

with a host of new signings you have to say the fixtures have not been kind to del to get any sort of momentum going. given that we basically right off old firm games then weve had aberdeen rangers week off dunfermiline celtic. if we are in the same position after we;ve played everyone then i'll start worrying

Ah the old Geoff must go chestnut, what a pile of sh*te.

Some people have to wake up and smell the coffee. Oh wait a minute a Dubai millionaire is wanting to buy our club because he see's us as a sleeping giant and thinks we are under achieving???!!!

If Geoff was not running our club where would we be..............??

I look forward to the answers?

completely agree i cannot believe anyone could really think that getting rid of gb is a good idea. he has given so much to the club and run it brilliantly, we might be pish atm but at least hes given us a club to support

COYS

Not a great start to the season but I remain quietly hopeful and think it's too early to give ground to gloom. I think it's wrong to describe the manager as clueless, he has made some good signings and there is a mile of difference between being over cautious and clueless. Sorry I can't see how the chairman is to blame and that is not false sentiment. We have spent what can be afforded and have a substantial squad. My concerns remain upfront but there was enough from Sandanza and Haber to feel at least a glimmer of hope. Like others I'm not wholly convinced Cillian Sheridan shows enough but that maybe stylistic rather than lack of attitude, I hope so. I am willing to take a bet that this thread will seem bizarre in January.

I get the feeling that the manager is almost as surprised as the support at the lack of goals.

It's an old cliche but we don't seem to get the rub of the green.

We'll give a team a sound thrashing soon, confidence will bloom and this thread will be redundant.

Agreed. The goal that Dunfermline scored on Saturday would never have happened if it was a Saints attack. An off target shot from outside the box just happened to fall at the feet of the striker 4 yards from goal. Even if we were carrying luck, we're not brave enough to take a shot at goal like that - we'd have to try and run it into the net.