Monaco remembered

Cagey

I have one of the match posters on my wall. They were all over the town the day of the match and I thought there'd be no trouble getting one afterwards. Next day we couldn't find one anywhere. Finally we found this little tobacconist on a side street and I used my best French on him, to be greeted with blank looks, then finally pointed at the poster in his window, pointed at myself and shrugged. THat did the trick and he gave me it.

Just walking down towards that little square where everyone was congregating and seeing the sea of blue and white was a magic moment. And walking to the ground... And climbing up God knows how many flights of stairs... And Alan Main playing a blinder.

Still, we make it into Europe every 29 years, so only 17 to go...

Kelvin travel. Ferry from dover.

Well worth it.

that was my point, 29 hours on a bus is preferable to an hour and a half with easyjet.

i too managed a poster from a local shop in monaco, unfortunately an ex-gf managed to bin, by bin i mean burn, a load of my saints memorbillia - the brogan autograph alone, surely means she will roast in hell for eternity.

if anyone is willing to part with/sell with their poster (a long shot i know), please PM me

29 hours on a bus to get there. Driving down a 3 lane motorway in the south of France and seeing cars go past with saints scarfs out the windows. I will never forget that.

The paparazzi bar in Nice the night before. Watching the buns get gubbed by valencia, and watching what was going on upstairs :wink:

Kelvin Travel by any chance?! We were on that bus, absolutely unforgettable experience.

Will never forget the barmaid from New Zealand either...........

(the only trouble i can remember was when a scumdee fan turned up in the square and tried to incite a reaction)
Unfortunately not how I remember it.The guy did say he was a Dundee season ticket holder but I think he was expecting a grab yourself a beer mate and join in.Instead he was surrounded by guys wanting to knock his block off.I was in the process of apologising to his girlfriend as he walked away and I'll never forget the look of disgust in his face.That was just one of a few unsavoury moments on the trip.

Getting absolutely blootered and loosing my ticket,I had to buy another one, then I found my original. much better than my mate who was so drunk he slept in the underground carpark during the game, he missed the lot.

Memories I'll never forget.

I done the same as well.

Also remember first night there, some fan chucked a stone at a lady of the night cars. Cause she turned him down and next thing with in 10 seconds or so, running to the nearest bar cause the police turned up.

Also helping another fan called gibby back to the hotel cause he could not walk.

Edited by Nuggets

Unfortunately not how I remember it.The guy did say he was a Dundee season ticket holder but I think he was expecting a grab yourself a beer mate and join in.Instead he was surrounded by guys wanting to knock his block off.I was in the process of apologising to his girlfriend as he walked away and I'll never forget the look of disgust in his face.That was just one of a few unsavoury moments on the trip.

Pretty much how I remember it as well. Me and my old man sat with him and watched some of the beach football that was on at the Marina for a while. He was a nice guy.

Great memories of a fantastic few days. Enjoyed seeing the tourist sites in Monace and Nice, especially noting how few saintees managed to get beyond the square.

Just before the match there was an attempt at "lie down if you hate Dundee" outside the stadium but the local gendarmes weren't too impressed. One of the most one sided footie games i have ever seen, but every player worked their nuts off and Alan Main was simply on fire. I also remember John O'Neil brilliantly dribbling past a couple of Monaco players, offering a brief respite from the waves of attacks. I was amazed by the guy next to me who had a domestic barny with his missus pre match and she stormed off. He then swayed around for 90 minutes *issed as a fart, constantly asking me what the score was!

Only bleak moment was a bunch of numbnuts robbing from the shop at the train station before boarding the train back to Nice.

Main things I remember

crowd in the square before the game, great laugh

Simeone with his head in his hands after Alan main had pulled off a stunning save

Chatting with Sandy Clark with a beer in the hotel after the game - the boys were really down and felt they'd let all of us down, but I think we managed to cheer them up a wee bit.