Early leavers!

Jimmy Wallace

Certainly nothing new with this. My official seat when I was taking my wheelchair bound client to games was the first row on the front aisle and I had to move in front of the aisle due the number of people leaving 10 mins before half time and again at full time.

It was bad enough them moving in front of you, but they would stop dead in front of my view whenever there was any action and get upset when told to move!!

Certainly nothing new with this. My official seat when I was taking my wheelchair bound client to games was the first row on the front aisle and I had to move in front of the aisle due the number of people leaving 10 mins before half time and again at full time.

It was bad enough them moving in front of you, but they would stop dead in front of my view whenever there was any action and get upset when told to move!!

Like you need something else to complain about :D

The last few minutes can be the most exiting part of a game whether we are hanging on for a win/draw or pressing for a winner.

Ah - that's maybe the problem - the part of the game when most are exiting :wink: Me - I've always tended to stay to the bitter/glorious end. But I take point - witness Emirates towards end of Sunderland game - you're team playing as well as the have for a bit - but you still know that your defence could bugger up - so what do you do? Leave? Well a lot of Arsenal fans thought that that was thing thing to do.

Amazing how many people miss late goals by leaving early. My problem with early leavers is they start walking out then something happens on the pitch & so they stop to watch & totally block your view. If you want to leave early then leave, if you want to watch the match then stay in your seat :evil:

I left early because my eyes were bleeding from the utterly rank football, I had somehow managed to force myself to endure, and I like to get in to the car to hear the reaction from McInnes rather than walking through the crowd and missing it. I then have an hour plus journey back to Glasgow.

That ok?

Not sure why your getting such a hard time over this post - its a fair point!!

I said exactly the same thing to my mate on sat " why the heck are so many people leaving - theres 3 mins to go, wait until full time and show your appreciation" Its not old trafford, there aint going to be 75,000 people all trying to get back to their cars!!!

Old Trafford doesn't have a car park!

I don't leave early but I can see why people do. Traffic can be hellish heading towards broxden and when you have an hour long commute, those 3 mins can save you half an hour on your journey home.

I doubt the players care if a few dozen people leave a few mins early

Must say I think it's odd. Down at Killie we were holding on for three points and I noticed a few leaving early. Not questioning commitment because they had travelled to the game but why the early exit - bewilders me?

you left before me that day Soulful !! me and GBRA followed you out !! admittedly the final whistle had gone.

i never leave a game early, never, you just never know whats gonna happen, can i be excused though for leaving Hampden at the last semi final with 20 minutes to go ????? having queued at the Montford Arms bar for about half an hour for a beer on the way in, me and my mate thought we,d beat the rush on the way out.