Matchday Tickets

StDuncM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with StDunM in that it's the principle and the situation I'm annoyed about. This has obviously gone over my head on previous occasions. Do all SPL clubs have to do this or is it just Taysides finest that are making life easier for themselves?

Thats fine -just wondered why you had a pop at the Season ticket holders -none of the ones around me eat cake - Harbro sweets or mints and perhaps a twix or two :wink:

When at the games I always say the same usually because I am caught up in it but do you realise what the police bill would be like if they had to sort out all the law/rule breaking when the OF come to town? Remember Saints pay that.

I appreciate we pay the bill for policing and stewards but all I'm asking is for those there to actually do their jobs. There's no need for any more to be brought in. Also if they threw out supporters in the wrong sections then they'd soon get the message and there would be fewer away fans chancing it.

Thats fine -just wondered why you had a pop at the Season ticket holders -none of the ones around me eat cake - Harbro sweets or mints and perhaps a twix or two :wink:

Some posts in a couple of threads have given the impression that as season tickets holders they were all organised and it was someones fault if they hadn't bought a match ticket before they stopped being sold so there was nothing wrong with the policy.

Mmmmm, Twix, now you're talking!

I appreciate we pay the bill for policing and stewards but all I'm asking is for those there to actually do their jobs. There's no need for any more to be brought in. Also if they threw out supporters in the wrong sections then they'd soon get the message and there would be fewer away fans chancing it.

Sorry but thats a very simplistic, unrealistic view. What happens in real life is that the OF fans dont wear colours Saints fans rightly get annoyed when they see them in the home end, it kicks off and the police throw out and arrest indiscriminately. Quite regularly its the Saints fan who is raging at the opposition being in our end. Is it right? No, but they will say they need more resources to police it properly which brings it back to my original point.

Sorry but thats a very simplistic, unrealistic view. What happens in real life is that the OF fans dont wear colours Saints fans rightly get annoyed when they see them in the home end, it kicks off and the police throw out and arrest indiscriminately. Quite regularly its the Saints fan who is raging at the opposition being in our end. Is it right? No, but they will say they need more resources to police it properly which brings it back to my original point.

I know what happens unfortunately but that also brings me back to my original point ie if the police did their job properly there wouldn't be a problem.

You say that the ticketing policy prevents OF fans being in the home sections. Do you really believe that there will be no Celtic supporters in the East stand on Sunday?

I know what happens unfortunately but that also brings me back to my original point ie if the police did their job properly there wouldn't be a problem.

You say that the ticketing policy prevents OF fans being in the home sections. Do you really believe that there will be no Celtic supporters in the East stand on Sunday?

No but it will quite obviously be less. To be honest I dont really care I am going to watch and support my team no matter who is where. Even if I need to sit next to Ancient.

Well that's me buggered for this game having been away all week with no internet access, no mobile phone access etc etc.

One quick question, did the club at any point warn Saints fans that the Celtic end was selling out fast?

Will there no be someone on at the reception desk tomorrow ?

Sure they would see you ok.

Badgering Dunc.There are plenty folk on the site willing to get tickets for you with season tickets if you required.If you phoned the club,Im sure they would accommodate you.Murdom stays in Stirling and has already said he would organise tickets for someone.

ye the offer still stands im more than willing to help any fellow sainties fan who need to get tickets

Not a dig, just wondering what you think the Police should do/do differently on match days at McD?

I'm with StDunM in that it's the principle and the situation I'm annoyed about. This has obviously gone over my head on previous occasions. Do all SPL clubs have to do this or is it just Taysides finest that are making life easier for themselves?

Don't moan on here.

Direct your grievance to the Police Complaints Committee.

No but it will quite obviously be less. To be honest I dont really care I am going to watch and support my team no matter who is where. Even if I need to sit next to Ancient.

Less Saints supporters too though. Anyway, if Ancient’s sense of humour is the same in reality as it is on here I can think of a few worse people to sit beside!

Not a dig, just wondering what you think the Police should do/do differently on match days at McD?

I appreciate it’s not a dig. This is a forum for exchanging views about Saints and the game after all.

As has already been suggested by others, I would just expect the police to do their job. Stop anyone going through the turnstiles that can be identified as an away supporter. If they get in and make it obvious they are OF fans then remove them from the ground. I don’t think it’s really too much to ask.

I understand what John says about the hassle they can cause but the police are trained to deal with situations like that. If they aren’t then they shouldn’t be a crowd control role.

Don't moan on here.

Direct your grievance to the Police Complaints Committee.

See above. This is a forum for discussing Saints related issues.

But you already know that of course, as your moaning post in the game thread shows...

No rain/snow so far, only frost.

Hope Saints and PKC get the finger out and have the car park and surrounding streets pavements gritted.

Games have been put off in the past, as a lack of gritting/salting deemed the underfoot conditions for fans to be dangerous.

The words hypocritical and t*** immediately spring to mind.

When the voucher scheme was in place was the time the of fans where in the home end. Since this scheme has started they havent been in the home end so show's it's working. I think it also possibly increases the crowd cause of fans closer to perth can get tickets although they should be suppporting saints. I certinaly no of fans who didnt go before but do now cause it's easier getting tickets.

Less Saints supporters too though. Anyway, if Ancient’s sense of humour is the same in reality as it is on here I can think of a few worse people to sit beside!

I appreciate it’s not a dig. This is a forum for exchanging views about Saints and the game after all.

As has already been suggested by others, I would just expect the police to do their job. Stop anyone going through the turnstiles that can be identified as an away supporter. If they get in and make it obvious they are OF fans then remove them from the ground. I don’t think it’s really too much to ask.

I understand what John says about the hassle they can cause but the police are trained to deal with situations like that. If they aren’t then they shouldn’t be a crowd control role.

See above. This is a forum for discussing Saints related issues.

But you already know that of course, as your moaning post in the game thread shows...

The words hypocritical and t*** immediately spring to mind.

And there was me thinking you were BlueJ !!!

A database is the simple answer to this problem ever happening again. saints fans were caught out as the o.f never sell out but as this was not on tv it did.

To stop non saints fans getting on the database you'd have to have proof of being to 10 games -Simple!

Be nominated by two season ticket holders.