Derek Riordan

Aitchy

Not quite sure why people are giving Riordan a hard time. HAsnt done any harm to our club so far.

I think we would be extremely fortunate to have a player of Riordans calibre at our club. Although in the past when playing against him there have been times when you hardly notice he is playing, there is no doubting the ability the guy has.

He has played in two very difficult games for us, not just because of the opposition but also the suspensions / injuries and general events surrounding the club. In both games he has done okay imo.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no-one thinking he's being looked at for next season then?

No. It was obvious that when he was still with Hibs he was finished. Shadow of the player he once was and overall a waste of a talent never fulfilled. Riordan's like a warning to all young kids out there about how not to live life. Take care son, or ye'll end up like Riordan... :laugh:

no-one thinking he's being looked at for next season then?

No way! He offered us absolutely nothing and manage to get himself some negative press in the short spell he was here. I can't see any SPL taking a chanc on him, he won't play for first division wages, I think the lower echelons of English football beckons.

I will hazard a guess and say he will either be playing in the English Championship, or somewhere in Europe, he won't be playing his football in Scotland next season that's for sure.

Clearly had fitness issues with us, hoped he would get a decent pre season under his belt and show what he can do.

By his comments on twitter regarding the club seemed a decent enough bloke.

Can't make him keep his nose clean off the pitch though. Shame.

Clearly had fitness issues with us, hoped he would get a decent pre season under his belt and show what he can do.

By his comments on twitter regarding the club seemed a decent enough bloke.

Can't make him keep his nose clean off the pitch though. Shame.

The only way he will manage that is by moving away from Scotland and staying well clear of Edinburgh.

The only way he will manage that is by moving away from Scotland and staying well clear of Edinburgh.

I think moving to communist China last time was a bit much of a culture shock for him though!

Definitely needs to leave Scotland and try and make the most of whats left of his career.

Actually yes, it's a position he has played throughout his career regularly. He played wide more often than up front during his second spell at Hibs

Everyone that coaches the guy says he is without doubt the best finisher they have ever had. Can't understand why for someone with they skills they dont play him through the middle.

I would agree with Mainstand and Dan, Riordan is a striker. He played out wide for hibs due to Nish being prolific in the middle of himself and Stokes in a 3 pronged attack. He played out wide for us because we had strikers available but no winger. And because he has "played in that position before"

He is a striker

I think folk are being caught up in the nostalgia of how good he was, not what he's like now.

Think Darren Jackson when he signed, formerly a superb striker/goalscorer but was absolutely rotten here.

There was a period when he was exciting to watch, great finisher and a constant menace to defenders, but I fear those days are gone for whatever reason.

It's a real shame because he could have been an amazing signing.

I think folk are being caught up in the nostalgia of how good he was, not what he's like now.

Think Darren Jackson when he signed, formerly a superb striker/goalscorer but was absolutely rotten here.

There was a period when he was exciting to watch, great finisher and a constant menace to defenders, but I fear those days are gone for whatever reason.

It's a real shame because he could have been an amazing signing.

I hate to put my own team down but if there was any chance of him being at his goalscoring form you would not see him in Perth ( even for a pint ) Remember Darren Jackson he was woefull.Ive seen Alec Salmond leave a pie stall quicker than him. Dare I mention Rudi Vata ?

I'd take him at Saints, half fit he's more productive than Chris Miller. 5 goals in 126 appearances, not many more assists. He'd get us 15 plus goals for us easily.

He looked good against United when we got beat after the split. Far too good a player not to sign.

Just because he got in a fight with a bouncer people are saying don't sign him.

Sandaza was caught drink driving, but that's fine.

He is a Hibs legend and I dont know one fan that would take him in a gift right now and we know how bad they are.I would love to know what you are basing your goalscoring assumptions on.Has rarely scored for his last four teams.The fight with the bouncer is just a wee sideshow to the main event Not happy with being barred from all the clubs and most pubs in Edinburgh he is now banned from entering Edinburgh city centre from 7pm to 7am.Him and his mates are bad news and as I say if he was in 15 goals a year form he would be snapped up.