Snarling Neil again

henry hall

Saw two very different personalities yesterday. Lennon when his team needed leadership had once again fallen foul of the officials and been sent to the dunces corner.

Ally McCoist made a point of positioning himself at the tunnel and shook the hand of all the oppossition. It cant be easy to accept you have lost the league in March but to do so with dignity says a lot about his standing as a man.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

There surely has to come a time when the Celtic board have to take steps to curb Lennons continually problematic and disrespectful behaviour. He really does have no dignity or respect. He has landed himself lucky with the Celitc gig, money at his disposal and a rank rotten Rangers team. Completely failed in Europe and if he leaves Celtic or Rangers up the ante in the immediate future and get their house in order then he'll be quickly found out as nothing more than a ranting, moaning, former player masquerading as a coach.

There surely has to come a time when the Celtic board have to take steps to curb Lennons continually problematic and disrespectful behaviour. He really does have no dignity or respect. He has landed himself lucky with the Celitc gig, money at his disposal and a rank rotten Rangers team. Completely failed in Europe and if he leaves Celtic or Rangers up the ante in the immediate future and get their house in order then he'll be quickly found out as nothing more than a ranting, moaning, former player masquerading as a coach.

Totally agree with this. Have to add that McCoist, in my opinion, is exactly the same....still to prove to me that he is a manager of any calibre. He is fortunate that he can't fail to come out of the current situation looking like a 'good guy' when measured against the ginger whinger

Well lets face it Ed neither of the OF can afford a top quality manager, that's why Celtic have the dorty ginger and Rangers the rookie fat boy. Didn't see the OF game but I understand from the comments above that Lemon-boy was at his bitter best again. 3 points off them is very possible as they aren't going well at the moment.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

"I watched the second half in here (the media room). I can't sit in the stand for my own safety, that sums things up in this country.”

No Neil, that sums up the effect that your behaviour is having.

"I watched the second half in here (the media room). I can't sit in the stand for my own safety, that sums things up in this country.”

No Neil, that sums up the effect that your behaviour is having.

He's too stupid tae suss out its his ain fault that he's disliked so much.

What a perfect opportunity for him to say 'tough game, well done to Rangers, that was some real spirit they showed today, we nearly provided a real comeback spectacle for the fans' and move on to win the league by a huge margin. What on earth was there to be gained in this instance by acting like an idiot. The decisions went against him. First red card was soft, second was probably fair, the 2 man disadvantage cost them the 2nd and 3rd goals, but Rangers played well and Celtic were poor. It will have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the league, so why cry like a baby?

He's too stupid tae suss out its his ain fault that he's disliked so much.

Bloddy hell, people used to accuse me of being too pro-Rangers.

I think a lot of people on here are more interested in Rangers than Saints. More posts on Rangers than any others last few weeks.

Our manager is like Lennon. Red haired, snarling at fourth officials, complaining about refs, getting sent off.

Know what, i wouldn't change it for the world.

Thats what a manager is supposed to do.

Yous are all a bunch of wimps :)

I think a lot of people on here are more interested in Rangers than Saints. More posts on Rangers than any others last few weeks.

Our manager is like Lennon. Red haired, snarling at fourth officials, complaining about refs, getting sent off.

You will be accused of being pro Celtic now. :)

Only difference is that Lomas' actions aren't linked to an increase in domestic abuse. Lennon is not the devil or a saint. What concerns me is that as an intelligent man, he realises how his actions and words impact on so many, but he still chooses to behave the way he does. It isn't all his fault and in many respects he is no different to another 101 Mourinho wannabes, but he still must realise what a positive effect he could have.

A perfect example of bu115hit if ever i have read one.

Perhaps you should read the rules of football and my earlier post again before you start making comments like you did.

A ref CANNOT stop play by asking the goalie to wait until he books a player and then tell him to continue as if nothing had happened. A ref if stopping the play to book a player should restart the match by a indirect free kick from the place where the offense took place. That was what was said.

And as for "disrespecting an official to that extent" the officials are so high and mighty that you cannot say a word to them and yet they can shout at a manager as I haeve witnessed "shut up specy".

...and perhaps you should have read the subtext of my post a little more thoroughly.

referees are as infallible as the rest of us, whether he made a mistake in the situation you described, is again neither here or there. (clearly the way you described he did). However he, or she, has been appointed as the official to match, and their authority is final whether you like it or not. If they make bad decisions - report them, they soon be downgraded or suspended if the accusations are upheld.

And if a ref has had to tell you to shut up, you should regard yourself lucky it wasnt instead the 3rd ban of the year. ;)

Sweeping statements about how 'all' officials are high and mighty, is hardly imbuing the right attitude in the kids you coach. Every single official - really??

There are plenty of sports where even questioning an officials decision is regarded as disrespectful and extremely unsportmanslike, let alone the idea of verbally abusing them.

Personally i feel football would be a better place for it.

We've all on been on the pitch/sidelines/stand where decisions are clearly awarded the wrong way (jeez as a saints fan fan we see that almost every time we visit glasgow), does that justify the behaviour of certain individuals?

)

cant believe im biting but slagging lennon does not make you pro rangers-if this is your belief it proves your not a st johnstone supporter.

plus babychunder's previous post called the rangers manager a rookie fat boy(not very pro gers)

cant believe im biting but slagging lennon does not make you pro rangers-if this is your belief it proves your not a st johnstone supporter.

plus babychunder's previous post called the rangers manager a rookie fat boy(not very pro gers)

Certainly the mentality of the OF fans, if you slag us you must be from the other half, the most pathetic part of their so called support by the majority who never even go to a game.

referees are as infallible as the rest of us, whether he made a mistake in the situation you described, is again neither here or there. (clearly the way you described he did). However he, or she, has been appointed as the official to match, and their authority is final whether you like it or not. If they make bad decisions - report them, they soon be downgraded or suspended if the accusations are upheld.

And if a ref has had to tell you to shut up, you should regard yourself lucky it wasnt instead the 3rd ban of the year. ;)

Oh dear oh dear you actually think you can report a ref and get something done about incompetence. I know a number of leagues will not report refs for the simple reason that you may struggle to get some in future. These guys are paid £34 a time for a kids match. They can treat kids, parents and coaches like absolute shite and they know they will not get into any problems. They are not in it to climb the reanks just to get the cash for a couple of hours on a Saturday.

Of course there word is final and of course you have to accept it but are you honestly trying to sat taht you would stand by and see your team or your kids facing an injustive and not say or do anything about it? I doubt it.

As for the third ban of the year no bans reported once and sent off once but not heard anything about the second. The refs comment about shutting up was an official who shouted for a corner. Refs have to earn respect from players and officials.