Summer Transfer Target Thread 2012

t.mcneil99

probs cos he suggested niall mcginn was past it.

I'd be more than happy to sign niall mcginn, but for the fact it suggests croft coming to us is less than likely.

if Croft was to be 100% ruled out, i'd take mcginn

Love to have both if the budget could stand it but I doubt it if no SKY.

I guess that the Sky/BT deal for the EPL games might free up airspace on Sky going forward. I'd be amazed if they dumped the SPL in favour of an alternative - more championship games? They already show a fair few. More foreign football? Spanish football kind of swamps the market a bit already.

This deal actuall will show an extra 24 games on SKY and BT are effectivly picking up the games from ESPN - this is for season 2013 onwards

This deal actuall will show an extra 24 games on SKY and BT are effectivly picking up the games from ESPN - this is for season 2013 onwards

Aye, but ESPN won't disappear, and BT are talking about a new channel. I have BT Vision, and far prefer it to SKY TV. It's the future.

Hadn't appreciated it was post 2013 though.

I guess that the Sky/BT deal for the EPL games might free up airspace on Sky going forward. I'd be amazed if they dumped the SPL in favour of an alternative - more championship games? They already show a fair few. More foreign football? Spanish football kind of swamps the market a bit already.

I'd be surprised if Sky departed. I reckon they need Scottish Football as much as Scottish Football needs them. I imagine they make the vast bulk of their money from those who subscribe to watch English Football, but there isn't enough of that to fill the schedules 24/7. Even with Spanish football and the rest they still need to fill the schedule and every Scottish game fills two to two and a half hours. It brings English speaking interviewees (well maybe) and interest from Scotland and a surprising number of ex-pats across the UK and elsewhere. Even at the money they are paying at the moment, Scottish football is an exceptionally cheap way to fill their schedules.

If Sky walk away or offer a ridiculous alternative, then it is time for Scottish football to grow a pair and come up with a decent deal for another station. We all have to expect that if the Newco have to apply for the 3rd Division there is going to be less money available across the board. We have to get used to it and learn to behave with integrity and to live within our means. Of course some of us have been doing that all along!

Michael Stewart not for me. Like Alex Neil as a player but hasn't he been out injured a lot and when playing been playing a sweeper type role?

Michael Stewart is a complete scumbag, in the Leigh Griffiths mould. Is he not past it now anyway? Regardless, I would not want to see him anywhere near us.