#01 - 19/07/12 - Eskişehirspor 2-0 Saints - Europa League

Aitchy

Alper, the scorer of the first goal, went off the pitch and shook hands with fans in the stand. Is this not a booking nowadays?

Just to rub it in, the atmosphere in Bar Street really was excellent. I've never seen anything like in nearly 40 years of footie watching. Has anyone a video of the same time as Broon's above but from the other side, in the Hangover bar? That whole incident was so funny, I had tears of laughter, particularly when they started waving a shoe.

PS - I heard one of the saintee ladies managed to get hold of some Turkish Delight. I thought she was going a bit too far in public until I realised she had fallen over on the steps into the bar and fell head first into a local supporter's nether region! :shock::eek:

Has anyone a video of the same time as Broon's above but from the other side, in the Hangover bar? That whole incident was so funny, I had tears of laughter, particularly when they started waving a shoe.

I took a few videos from the bar next to Hangover. Not watched Broons yet so not sure what part you're talking about. I'll upload some videos and photos when I get home on Sunday.

One more video from bus i will write my comments later but it was an amazing day

We are blue

We are white

We are fecking dynmites

Super Saints Super Saints

You remember me teaching you this song in Bar Street? You got me singing a Black and Red song.

The athmosphere in Eskişehir was amazing. ESES fans showed their hospitality to SAINTS. Both sides were very friendly.

If ESES qualifies, Marseille fans will come to Eskişehir. Believe me they will not face such a warm welcome. Just a neutral welcome for sure. This is because Turks looks with sympathy to Scots. Long live Turkish-Scottish friendship.

Yes mate and someone record it they will put on youtube. Btw i love that song still singing :)

I look for u guys at bars street but couldt see

We got delayed a long time at the ground by security and didn't make it out for very long at Bar Street cos we were very drunk on about 1 hour sleep for the night before. Looking forward to that video.

Just posted this video I took on bar street, gives me goosebumps just listening to it. What an amazing experience. Needs volume for full effect.

Can't begin to describe the atmosphere and the friendliness of their fans. Amazing trip.

Only negative was the Turkish guy getting stabbed across from our hotel, that was awful to see. No saints fan involved but really put a sour taste at the and of an amazing trip. Hope he made it.

I'm glad you got that Broon, so good!

I don't know if this is right but apart from the standard chants the only real way to coordinate expressive stuff like that is to taunt each other in the streets and bars while knowing you are all one. Quality.

Right I want the Saints support to split up nto SJFC1 AND SJFC2. Right ...... :)

SJFC1 - <pointing>

"Shagga Shagga Boom Boom"

"Who Are You?"

"We're The Boys From The Fair City"

<deep> "Oooo" "Oooo" "Oooo" "Oooo" "Oooo" "Oooo"

<bounce> <bounce>

SJFC2 - <pointing>

"Who Are You?"

<bounce> <bounce>

SJFC1 - <pointing>

"We're Not The Old Firm"

"Who Are You?"

<bounce> <bounce>

SJFC2 - <pointing>

"We're Not The Old Firm"

"Who Are You?"

<bounce> <bounce>

etc.

This the greatest!

I'm glad you got that Broon, so good!

I don't know if this is right but apart from the standard chants the only real way to coordinate expressive stuff like that is to taunt each other in the streets and bars while knowing you are all one. Quality.

Right I want the Saints support to split up nto SJFC1 AND SJFC2. Right ...... :)

SJFC1 - <pointing>

"Who Are You?"

<bounce> <bounce>

SJFC2 - <pointing>

"Who Are You?"

<bounce> <bounce>

SJFC1 - <pointing>

"We're Not The Old Firm"

"Who Are You?"

<bounce> <bounce>

SJFC2 - <pointing>

"We're Not The Old Firm"

"Who Are You?"

<bounce> <bounce>

etc.

This the greatest!

Love the idea of this, it's about time we got some atmosphere at Mcd

Love the idea of this, it's about time we got some atmosphere at Mcd

I know, everything is too sanitised in most places nowadays. McD when it oppened was great but the crowds were bigger then. Probably get told to sit down over the last 15 years. :) Turkey takes a better attitude to the matchday experience.

I know, everything is too sanitised in most places nowadays. McD when it oppened was great but the crowds were bigger then. Probably get told to sit down over the last 15 years. :) Turkey takes a better attitude to the matchday experience.

Its as simple as: bring back the match day experience = bring back the fans.

Wish I could be going to the game in Perth on Thursday. Sadly, I've got to be in Guangzhou so won't be able to return the immense hospitality shown by our Esk compadres.

Es Es Es, Ki Ki Ki, Eski Eski Eski!

Perth - Eskisehir sister cities? :wink:

had a braw time.

one memory is worth a thousand dreams.i got plenty memories it was well worth the trip.

the ES fans were brilliant thanks to them and jaimie for his inspirational idea of running a supporters bus fae istanbul.nice to meet ye sheffield saintee as well.

we hate fenerbache.

double braw.