#01 - 19/07/12 - Eskişehirspor 2-0 Saints - Europa League

Aitchy

St johnstone Are trending third on the glasgow (scotland) twittersphere.

We should give teams respect but not fear them, i think we slightly feared not so much them but we feared the occasion, i was expecting them to be so much better, they were better but not by much, i dont think we have been tested as much as we could have done in pre-season, i know we have bristol city in a while....

2-0 going into the second leg is not great but we can get through WE can if we give them an atmosphere this is the biggest game for saints in a wee while,

Tade (if fit) has to start, i personally would start with hasslebaink on the right and tade and may up front,

COYS

hi guys, here are my comments about match.

- 2 lucky goals for eses.

- 1 penalty referee error for eses

- eses played below my expectations

- st johnstone start attacking in last 10 min.

- last 10 min score could easily be 2-2 if saints were lucky.

- our new goalkeeper is disaster, oh my god !!!

- if saints gains 2-3 corners, count them 2-3 goals because of our goalkeeper

- why did saints showed too much respect and played defensive? if saints played attacking, it could be 2-1 or 2-2 or 3-2 at least.

- for the second leg, it is very hard for saints to win 3-0, i m sure eses will score at least 1. saints need 4 at least i think.

- and finally i did not like ESES fans performance they were excited but not as good as we used to.

I agree except for the goalkeeper, i think he is not that bad.....

i came home already.. eveerything was great. you were so friendly

i have a st jonhstone uniform i am so happy

cheers :)

The guy in the ticket office got my saints top, I went for a shave off Bar Street and the barber got my tour t-shirt! I have a VERY smart Eses top though :)

a little disappointed after watching the game. Could have been 0-0. They looked dangerous with pace, but with our solid setup they couldnt hurt us with pace. This could be a different story in leg2, when we may leave ourself open to counter attack.

The tie is still alive, just unlucky to be 0-2 at half time.. another 90 mins to claw back a couple of goals. Hope EsEs bring a few fans to the game!

a little disappointed after watching the game. Could have been 0-0. They looked dangerous with pace, but with our solid setup they couldnt hurt us with pace. This could be a different story in leg2, when we may leave ourself open to counter attack.

The tie is still alive, just unlucky to be 0-2 at half time.. another 90 mins to claw back a couple of goals. Hope EsEs bring a few fans to the game!

You obviously weren't watching close enough. Bevvied by any chance:?:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Loved seeing the fans together before and after the games :) Today was far from our best, I believe we will play a lot better in Scotland against a St. Johnstone that will take more risks to get goals. Today the Saints played a very closed game and accepted the ball in their half Possession figures were something like 70% Eskisehirspor 30% Saints. We had some clear chances that needed to be put away Malecki in that second minute, Dede on the defender mistake, Alper 1v1 with the keeper all failed to put in those great chances. You guys gave it to us in the last 10 minutes, I think our players forgot that football is played for 90 minutes and not 80, too relaxed and careless for my liking. Good luck in the return leg guys :) let's hope for better football from both sides.

Loved seeing the fans together before and after the games :)

exactly- that's what real football fans are. The eses fans that do make it to perth will have a cracking time. Shame it was a crap game- thought the ref was good. Couldn't get time off to make it from Australia, but watching the game live at 3am was at least something. Sadly the missus found the ads at half time more interesting than the game. She had a point. For once.

Just home and that can only be describe and phucking AMAZING. Just the best time I have EVER had at an away football match. Weather was hot, charter trip was top notch as was the Namli Hotel. As for The ESES guys...

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never have I met such a friendly bunch and boy did we PARTYand PARTY and PARTY... Never shook so many hands and had my photo taken so many times ANYWHERE.

The actual match was the most subdued part of the trip. Happy enough to take em back to Perth with the tie still alive and suspect there is no way we will be backing off like we did last night.

Never really knew what we were going into but really had a wonderful.

Well done to all the ESES guys and also well done to the travelling Saintees.

Will stick my photos onto FB and link but not till later. Had 8 hours kip in three days and am totally rubbered..

COYS..:D

dont say that mate... your making me feel worse!

Sorry pal but it was. The atmosphere in Bar Street was electric all down to the EsEs fans WOW it was like the Airdre game but multiply it by 100. Never in my life have I seen fans get together like Saints and ESES fans. Wish the SFA had seen it that's how football should be

An Aberdeen fan posted this on RTC in reply to the picture gallery

"I have spent a lot of the last year wondering why I love my team and this stupid game so much, especially when many of those running it don’t seem to share my same passion and ethics. I have questioned whether I should just give up what has been a massive part of my life.

The pictures made my smile and cry. They remind me of Turin, Genoa, Bordeaux, Paris, St Etienne, Brussels, Birmingham, Wembley etc and every away day I have had. They remind me of everything I love about football, mates, fun, beer, a love of your team and getting to know the locals in a environment of respect. "

Just posted this video I took on bar street, gives me goosebumps just listening to it. What an amazing experience. Needs volume for full effect.

Can't begin to describe the atmosphere and the friendliness of their fans. Amazing trip.

Only negative was the Turkish guy getting stabbed across from our hotel, that was awful to see. No saints fan involved but really put a sour taste at the and of an amazing trip. Hope he made it.