Motherwell vs. Saints 11/08/12 - SPL

Thought it was a really good game but feels like 2 points dropped. Vine rightly sent off for 2 poor challenges but as everyone has said he should have been subbed before that - looked knackered.

Mackays Pen was poor but there were plenty of positives to take out of the game. Nigel is going to cause defences a lot of problems and Vine looked good before he went off. Big plus for me though was the form of both Millar and Liam in the middle of the park with the former easily our best player.

Reasonably upbeat tonight (especially since I'd have probably settled for a point before kick-off). Bring on the sheep....

I thought Chris only started to play well in the second half?

Feck it!!! Why do we give teams too much respect - the players have to believe in their ability and Lomas needs to give them that confidence. Hearts first half and motherwell first half we just sit in and show way to much respect. When we play and attack its evident we are one of the better sides in the league ffs. Every team can beat everyone this season and we have to believe we can finish 2nd. Whats the fecking point in aiming any lower than 2nd this season but we wont get top 6 on the otherhand if we dont have the guts to grab a hold off games and go for the wins. COYS!!!!!

Feck it!!! Why do we give teams too much respect - the players have to believe in their ability and Lomas needs to give them that confidence. Hearts first half and motherwell first half we just sit in and show way to much respect. When we play and attack its evident we are one of the better sides in the league ffs. Every team can beat everyone this season and we have to believe we can finish 2nd. Whats the fecking point in aiming any lower than 2nd this season but we wont get top 6 on the otherhand if we dont have the guts to grab a hold off games and go for the wins. COYS!!!!!

Have to agree with this and it also aplies to the 2 european games..............

Totally agree with you,would rather watch us attack teams from the start,we can beat every team in the league this year.

A very enjoyable game of football. A draw was probably a fair result. No failures on the park today with a few really great stand out performances.

Daves pen was a shocker but shit happens sometimes:sad:. Muzz's goal was a peach. From that point on , against 10 men, I thought there was only ever gonna be one winner. We then failed to put Motherwell away. By full time I was simply relieved that we got a point on the board.

Both sendings off were bang on but the Well had a strong shout for a pen of their own which I think the ref called wrongly. looked a stonewaller to me.

I though Millar was superb, and yet again Mannus came up with a save that won us a point. Ando added a bit of quality and composure to the back four, Nige was non stop and if he can learn to get his shot away quicker, he will score plenty goals for Saints. Callum was,well Callum:D, Dave MacKay played fine and Fraser Wright looks a different player without Crackers by his side. Vine had a sluggish first 45 but was outstanding for the first 20 mins of the second and was unfortunate with the red card. Craig did well, Muzz bossed the midfield and was ably assisted by an excellent paddy Cregg.

As for the Steelmen, they started well but faded and in the first 20 minutes of the second half, looked out on their feet. Credit to them for taking advantage of our failure to score a second when we were on top.

Now to my only concern. The manager.... His lack of substitutes cost us 3 points today. Simple as. Now I am prepared to give him a break as he is still a novice but he needs to start learning quickly and those around him need to help as well. Vine, on a booking, was dead on his feet and shoulfd have been removed soon after we went one up. But no, he gets left on while they faff around on the bench. Then one mis-timed tackle ( I am sure, caused by his fatigue) and it's bye bye to yet another forward..

Not by any means the end of the world though . I would have taken a draw before kick-off but it does feel like two points lost..

Onwards and upwards... Bring on the Sheep.

COYS.:D

Cracking game and after some of the hidings we ve taken at Fir Park recently was happy with the point.

I ve always said it,a striker has to take the penalties.Christ thats their job.

SL has to change it earlier or we will be chasing every game this season.

It was a poor Saints crowd but it always is at 'Well.

Bumper crowd next week

CYS

A very enjoyable game of football. A draw was probably a fair result. No failures on the park today with a few really great stand out performances.

Daves pen was a shocker but shit happens sometimes:sad:. Muzz's goal was a peach. From that point on , against 10 men, I thought there was only ever gonna be one winner. We then failed to put Motherwell away. By full time I was simply relieved that we got a point on the board.

Both sendings off were bang on but the Well had a strong shout for a pen of their own which I think the ref called wrongly. looked a stonewaller to me.

I though Millar was superb, and yet again Mannus came up with a save that won us a point. Ando added a bit of quality and composure to the back four, Nige was non stop and if he can learn to get his shot away quicker, he will score plenty goals for Saints. Callum was,well Callum:D, Dave MacKay played fine and Fraser Wright looks a different player without Crackers by his side. Vine had a sluggish first 45 but was outstanding for the first 20 mins of the second and was unfortunate with the red card. Craig did well, Muzz bossed the midfield and was ably assisted by an excellent paddy Cregg.

As for the Steelmen, they started well but faded and in the first 20 minutes of the second half, looked out on their feet. Credit to them for taking advantage of our failure to score a second when we were on top.

Now to my only concern. The manager.... His lack of substitutes cost us 3 points today. Simple as. Now I am prepared to give him a break as he is still a novice but he needs to start learning quickly and those around him need to help as well. Vine, on a booking, was dead on his feet and shoulfd have been removed soon after we went one up. But no, he gets left on while they faff around on the bench. Then one mis-timed tackle ( I am sure, caused by his fatigue) and it's bye bye to yet another forward..

Not by any means the end of the world though . I would have taken a draw before kick-off but it does feel like two points lost..

This was in a thread last week, about SL and his subs. It reminds me of D McI. Always subbing too late, or not subbing the right players, He may be a noobie manager but he has to learn quick or he will f@@k us up this season.

This was in a thread last week, about SL and his subs. It reminds me of D McI. Always subbing too late, or not subbing the right players, He may be a noobie manager but he has to learn quick or he will f@@k us up this season.

It is just so strange how he seems to have got worse. When he first got the job he made some great positive subs. Sure Del did the same as well.

I really hope the 'blame everything on millar' group are big enough to congratulate Chris on a great match I thought he was superb especially in the second half.

I'll never know how we didn't take 3 points chance after chance!

Lomas must take the blame for the red card, badly need a win next Saturday

COYS

I really hope the 'blame everything on millar' group are big enough to congratulate Chris on a great match I thought he was superb especially in the second half.

I'll never know how we didn't take 3 points chance after chance!

Lomas must take the blame for the red card, badly need a win next Saturday

COYS

I am not a huge fan of Millar but I have always thought he lacked confidence not ability.Had to work yesterday so did not see it but absolutely delighted to hear about any of our players doing well especially one who has struggled a wee bit with his form.With Muzz scoring yesterday does this mean we can look forward to a wee collectors item from Midge.:laugh: COYS

I thought Chris only started to play well in the second half?

Would agree with that.

They had the extra man all over the park in the first half and we changed things at half time.

Millar started out of the right then changed with Liam but Millar looked lost. Again due to them always having a spare man pushing forward.

Came onto a game in the second half, played a lot better.

The motherwell twitter feed said the ojama penalty claim was dubious at best. They were not looking for it and they never mentioned it in the aftermatch reports.

entertaining game. Do not think we will get a better chance to beat them. Well looked fatigued from playing in 40degree heat a couple of days ago and clear to see the start of the second half we took control. So many shots narrowly wide, could have been 3or4! Settle for a point against the second best team in the league but could have and should have been a win. I thought the manager set the team up well from start to finish. Vine is to blame for his first tackle, what an arse, Thats where the blame should be pointed. Or to the pen miss. Dont understand the witch hunt for lomas, this type of support boils my piss

entertaining game. Do not think we will get a better chance to beat them. Well looked fatigued from playing in 40degree heat a couple of days ago and clear to see the start of the second half we took control. So many shots narrowly wide, could have been 3or4! Settle for a point against the second best team in the league but could have and should have been a win. I thought the manager set the team up well from start to finish. Vine is to blame for his first tackle, what an arse, Thats where the blame should be pointed. Or to the pen miss. Dont understand the witch hunt for lomas, this type of support boils my piss

There is no witch-hunt! Surely when a manager makes a mistake, we, as fans of the side, are entitled to highlight and question the mistake???

I think the manager deserves credit for tinkering with the set-up at half-time as clearly the midfield was given a licence to press further forward.