Sandaza to Ibrox afterall?

George Grieve

Indeed - but did they not get a "parachute" payment of 2m from the SPL tv deal -which if true they shouldnt have got as a new company.

I strongly believe that clubs like -Spartans-Cove Rangers and any other prospective team should have been given the opportunity to make an application for the "place" in the league and that the Newco should also have applied.

The "folk" in charge have secretly sold out to a company that has NO right to be automatically accepted into the Leagues.

As for Sandaza -good luck to him ( maybe he will get his Golden boot now )

Sevco got and will get NOTHING from the SPL other than 1/30th a share of the yearly payment the SPL gives to the SFL and a similar share of the £1 million that the SPL paid the SFL for their TV rights ( Which the SPL then sold to Sky). The total of these two sums is somewhere around £2.9 million but the SFL operational cost will be deducted from this amount I think the total each club recieves is around £65,000 over the whole season..:wink:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah now a football career is a short one, especially if you don't make the jump into coaching or management, who can blame a guy for wanting to max his position and salary.

If someone offered me a 20% rise I'd pack in what I'm doing now and move. Hands up anyone who wouldn't (Fran is getting a lot bigger rise I think).

Ah now a football career is a short one, especially if you don't make the jump into coaching or management, who can blame a guy for wanting to max his position and salary.

If someone offered me a 20% rise I'd pack in what I'm doing now and move. Hands up anyone who wouldn't (Fran is getting a lot bigger rise I think).

But would you go to a company that has just gone bust and that you publicly rebuked 8 months ago for messing you about?

But would you go to a company that has just gone bust and that you publicly rebuked 8 months ago for messing you about?

But it is a new company as so many people are at pains to point out! Have to agree with Baby Chunder here. You take the money where it is on offer. If somebody offered me 5 times my salary to go and teach in some horrible school on Shetland for 4 years, I'd take because that money would be invaluable to my family. The question is, whether he was offered the same money anywhere else.

where are the feckers getting the money?

Assuming you go from the standpoint that they cleared all debt except football debt, which remains to be seen. They've got a big enough fan base to pay first team players in the region of £7k a week. All their high paid players are long gone so their wage bill will be completely slashed. They'l end up with 10 -15 senior pros on good money and kids, which will be good enought to come through the divisions.

I think that he was a victim of the previous regime's circumstances John.

I appreciate that argument however if you look at what they are paying for players and the statements that have been coming out of Sevco Stadium it could be argued that very little has changed.

The authorities did not want the transfer ban, but when they had to, they decided to give the cheats the chance to build a team, which no-one else can match, by not starting the ban until 1st. Sept. Again bending over backwards to make sure nothing has changed. Nothing will be right in the SFA/SPL/SFL hierarchy until they are back in top division, by fair means or foul.

I am so disappointed and sickened by it all.

Assuming you go from the standpoint that they cleared all debt except football debt, which remains to be seen. They've got a big enough fan base to pay first team players in the region of £7k a week. All their high paid players are long gone so their wage bill will be completely slashed. They'l end up with 10 -15 senior pros on good money and kids, which will be good enought to come through the divisions.

they haven't even had a home game yet.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

And one whose fans publicly slagged him off. Quite personally in some cases.

Quick calculation

10 players on 7k a week would be 3.5m a year. Add on say another 2m a year for the rest of the first team squad. (remember, they still have McCulloch on a reported 22k and Broadfoot on a reported 10k!) - gives us a player squad total of 5.5m

PAYE/NI etc on this will add another 50% so say 2.75m.

Ibrox running costs (repairs, electric, rates etc) add from the admin report 500,000 a month. got to assume this is the lowest it could be otherwise the admins weren't doing their job (well, correct, they weren't). That's another 6m for the year.

They have a large back of house team as well - no redundancy's so that must have been carried over. say another 2m a year.

so, thats 5.5+2.75+6m+2m = 16.25m a year in expenses. There will be others such as policing costs etc to factor in.

But lets take 16m. Season tickets are 260gbp for div3. 17.5% of that goes to VAT so net income is 215gbp a ticket.

How many season tickets do you need to sell to cover 16m?

74418... How many seats does Ibrox have?

anyone see the problem yet??

PS - bear in mind that while under admin wages were 1m a month, we are still halfing their wage bill and the figures still dont match up. They need to sell out ibrox every game to stand any chance of getting close to breakeven. If only 20k turn up tonight (even 30k) then they are looking into a massive, double figure million black hole.

Incredible. What on earth is the guy thinking? Being motivated by money is one thing (everyone wants to earn as much as they can, at least to some extent), but this goes way off the scale. Are Sevco really able to offer a better financial package than any other club that has shown an interest? If so, I think that says a lot about how much genuine interest in the guy there has actually been, but it also suggests Sevco are offering players far more than can surely be sustainable (or even necessary??) for a Third Division club. What exactly is the point in paying for players at that level, when cherry-picking good first team pros from other lower league sides would be just as likely to result in promotion from the Third.

I'm now even more convinced than ever before that Sevco are heading straight for administration number two. Perhaps that's how they plan on getting out of any debts they're being forced to inherit from Rangers?

As for Sandaza - what a loser. I honestly thought better of him. He's just flushed his career down the toilet.