Understanding Rowan Vine

Dave Ferg

Exactly, Tade and Vine up front on wednesday for me, i think its a bit unfair on vine being on the bench because he isnt missing as many chances as Mclean and gives more to the team.

Tade And McLean cannot play up front together i think, they are both being used in the same way, bring ball down, pass then move, they dont have a partnership

Exactly, Tade and Vine up front on wednesday for me, i think its a bit unfair on vine being on the bench because he isnt missing as many chances as Mclean and gives more to the team.

Tade And McLean cannot play up front together i think, they are both being used in the same way, bring ball down, pass then move, they dont have a partnership

I am struggling to know in which order to point out what is incorrect about this post :shock:

I rate Vine, but MacLean is by far a better all round player. Tade couldn't 'pass and move' if his life depended on it. His strengths are his, em, strength, but he always needs to control the ball, get his bearings and then runs at the defender...he also chases down the ball well. The best passing and intercahnge performance we have seen was when MacLean and Vine played with Pawlett against Hearts

possibly some of the best footbal iv seen came from vine, maclean and pawlett linking up v hearts

I am struggling to know in which order to point out what is incorrect about this post :shock:/>

I rate Vine, but MacLean is by far a better all round player. Tade couldn't 'pass and move' if his life depended on it. His strengths are his, em, strength, but he always needs to control the ball, get his bearings and then runs at the defender...he also chases down the ball well. The best passing and intercahnge performance we have seen was when MacLean and Vine played with Pawlett against Hearts

Never thought i'd say this, but agree completely with you Eddie. Jeez, think I'm away to lie down in a dark room.

Is he still a Saints player or has his loan period ended ?

Good point. I hope he stays until the season ends. I'd like to think he is the kind of player that Lomas would be seeking to make a permanent saints player in due course. I get the impression that both saints and the player want to stay, but that might not be enough. Aberdeen's injury list is the problem.

Good point. I hope he stays until the season ends. I'd like to think he is the kind of player that Lomas would be seeking to make a permanent saints player in due course. I get the impression that both saints and the player want to stay, but that might not be enough. Aberdeen's injury list is the problem.

Pawletts already been in the press saying he wants to stay unless Craig Brown can guarantee him the regular football he's getting here. Which I don't expect him to do, so hopefully we keep him until the end of the season.

Sadly he's got a contract until 2014 but maybe a cheeky wee bid in the Summer involving Tuffey might persuade them...

Pawletts already been in the press saying he wants to stay unless Craig Brown can guarantee him the regular football he's getting here. Which I don't expect him to do, so hopefully we keep him until the end of the season.

Sadly he's got a contract until 2014 but maybe a cheeky wee bid in the Summer involving Tuffey might persuade them...

isn't tuffey out of contract at the end of the season?

Vine should be getting more oppertunities than he is now and also hes not a winger and hasn't ever been.

He made a difference when he came on on saturday and Tades chance at Tannidice came from a great ball in behind from him. he makes thinks happen.

Were not taking our chances, Vine needs to be giving the opertunity to play upfront for us, he can link player and techincally he is our best striker.

isn't tuffey out of contract at the end of the season?

Vine should be getting more oppertunities than he is now and also hes not a winger and hasn't ever been.

He made a difference when he came on on saturday and Tades chance at Tannidice came from a great ball in behind from him. he makes thinks happen.

Were not taking our chances, Vine needs to be giving the opertunity to play upfront for us, he can link player and techincally he is our best striker.

He played on the wing at QPR but wanted to play as a striker.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?137047-rowan-vine

If you also look at soccerbase he topped the charts with assists so much more a goal provider than taker.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mongy Max

I would say vine is one the best players we have had in years, his vision and intelligence is top notch.

I get frustrated when fans have a go at home for a misplaced pass when it's perhaps lack of vision from those around not to anticipate the ball.

I don't like him on the wing, he tends to fall out of matches out there. I thought he was better earlier in the season playing with Tade, came deep a lot and looked to be in the game a lot.

I like him cutting in from the wing. His movement catches defenders out. His two goals last night came from this as did his goal against Celtic