Understanding Rowan Vine

Dave Ferg

I suspect the decision between him and Tade came down to wages.  I'd be surprised if anyone who is still at Saints gets more than Vine would have done last year.  I guess when it's an option of a year extension on a contract it would be on the same terms (or pre-agreed terms upon signing the original contract).  I think its just fact that we have to reduce outgoings.  I'd rather lose a few players than end up like the Jam Tarts.

----

What makes you think a guy that wasn't getting a game for a decent team would come to us on high wages.

Am I the only one who is not overly disappointed to see Vine leave?

I thought he was incredibly frustrating. I always felt he was far too wasteful in possession and his work rate left a lot to be desired. Presumably he was one of our higher earners, so I don’t blame Tommy Wright for thinking that his wages could be used more effectively elsewhere, particularly when you consider Stevie May is returning. Plus Liam Caddis and possibly Chris Kane will feature much more next season as well.

Finally, I am hopeful that we will see Nigel feature much more as well next season. Its easy to forget that he is only 22 and hopeful the older he becomes, the more consistent he will be become.

Am I the only one who is not overly disappointed to see Vine leave?

I thought he was incredibly frustrating. I always felt he was far too wasteful in possession and his work rate left a lot to be desired. Presumably he was one of our higher earners, so I don’t blame Tommy Wright for thinking that his wages could be used more effectively elsewhere, particularly when you consider Stevie May is returning. Plus Liam Caddis and possibly Chris Kane will feature much more next season as well.

Finally, I am hopeful that we will see Nigel feature much more as well next season. Its easy to forget that he is only 22 and hopeful the older he becomes, the more consistent he will be become.

Agree. He was off the boil more often that not.

Liked Rowan and showed glimpses of real quality and will remember Celtic winner for a long time but form at end of season dipped quite significantly. Would have liked to see him signed up again but if wages were an issue as has been said before would rather be in our position than Hearts

Disappointed to see Vine leave. Although I feel he was definitely more a front player rather than where we were playing him. Certainly showed he could offer some one something, though I suspect we can get someone more suited to the wide role and have enough cover upfront.

Will be interesting to see where he lands....certainly worth an english div. one club. I hope the recent talk about the club not letting him know about the coming season is a mis-communication...we are better than that.

He ain't short of a few quid !!! His neighbours include Glenn Hoddle and Stevie Copple. He,ll get by I guess !!!! He told me that at the POTY awards.

Well shows that money aint the b-all and end-all...he came to get playing 1st team football and did it leaving a luxurious lifestyle dahnsath to flat-share with stevie may LAUGH OUT LOUD ..fair play to him.

Interview in todays PA,saying he'd loved to have stayed,that the club never took up the option to extend his contract,after Lomas saying he'd like him to stay,but money might be tight.Speaks highly of the club,and got in touch with the new gaffer to wish him good luck.Seems,quite rightly, miffed at not getting any correspondence from the club at all either way. 

Interview in todays PA,saying he'd loved to have stayed,that the club never took up the option to extend his contract,after Lomas saying he'd like him to stay,but money might be tight.Speaks highly of the club,and got in touch with the new gaffer to wish him good luck.Seems,quite rightly, miffed at not getting any correspondence from the club at all either way.

So would I be..pretty shabby treatment if you ask me.