Saints Vs Hibernian 14/09/13

David123

Madden deserved pelters yesterday, very poor display. Players need to learn to get on with it though. If defenders are going to get that tight and foul them with no punishment, stop trying to control the ball and lay it off, and turn them instead. Adjust accordingly. There are ways to make tight defending fail.

I'd like to actively apologise to anyone who was sitting near me yesterday. Not that my loud lambasting of Madden was vulgar in any way. Just fairly constant.

Still cannot believe how bad he was. Just me that's amazed he didn't send of Nelson??

I THOUGHT WHEN HE BOOKED HIM IN THE FIRST 15 MINS THERE WAS NO WAY HE WOULD STAY ON FOR 90.

As someone said earlier the ref seemed ok for about 20 mins & then gave them fouls for everything. Unusual for the home team to have a foul count twice the opposition.

Madden deserved pelters yesterday, very poor display. Players need to learn to get on with it though. If defenders are going to get that tight and foul them with no punishment, stop trying to control the ball and lay it off, and turn them instead. Adjust accordingly. There are ways to make tight defending fail.

We never seem to have a plan B for anything.Long high balls not working but keep doing it etc etc etc .

We totally lost control in midfield in 2nd half. Midge & McDonald were on the bench so instead of bringing on Edwards & Fallon, neither of whom made any impact, I thought Midge &/or McDonald might have come on. The criticism of Wotherspoon is a bit harsh considering that both Cregg & Muzz were fairly poor in the 2nd half. Fallon looks like another Parkin or Beattie.

Is it just me that thinks Murray Davidson is gash? IMO we were playing much better football with McDonald alongside Cregg, there was more fluditity with the football we were playing and though McDonald had a better all round game than Davidson

Looked like the break for international football came at the wrong time for Muzz. He looked like he was starting to get his 'match fitness' back up to scratch prior to the break. On Saturday, he looked back to being off the pace again.

Although, it was his tenacity that led to our goal again on Saturday

Is it just me that thinks Murray Davidson is gash? IMO we were playing much better football with McDonald alongside Cregg, there was more fluditity with the football we were playing and though McDonald had a better all round game than Davidson

Think you've been inhaling too much of that pyro smoke!

I am also in the 'it's only you' camp Dylan - so much better than McDonald.  

Said so at the time but thought Mannus was poor for the second. He was left exposed by an excellent flick through by Craig but still should have saved the shot.

He played well otherwise but maybe he was a little rusty with that one.

Nah, we sit at scoreboard end of the East and Mannus did exceptionally well to get anything on the ball at all. He spread himself well and got a good reaction hand to the ball. He was unlucky that the ball stayed on target and trundled in. Absolutely no blame attached to Mannus for that goal at all

Yes, I know you are not alone in your opinion of Scobbie. He is defo a player that splits the camp.

It just so happens that half of you are wrong :wink:

Ah, the old partial quote trick.  I think Scobbie is our best left back (discounting Callum who I still think should be playing a part), and has been pretty solid all season.  He has added some excellent deliveries to his game, and takes a good set piece.  

However, on Saturday he had a shocker, and for most of the first half tried to play the impossible ball over the Hibs defence.  Only one didn't go straight to the keeper, and that was because it cleared him.  Not since the highlights of Darren Dods' Saints career have I seen such woeful distribution from a defender.

I still expect him to find his range and return to his otherwise high standard of defending next week though.  

Every player can have a bad game without being sacked immediately.  Most had a bad day on Saturday.