Stewards And Police Today

THE LARK SAINT

Your argument is that it happened in the past and so people can't complain or ask for change now. The same is true of racism. The past acceptance of racism is completely irrelevant to what is acceptable and what is expected now. The actions of some Saints fans this season have been unacceptable and gone well beyond banter or boys misbehaving. It is damaging Saints reputation and it is impacting on other Saints fans as others have pointed out. What happend 30 years ago has zero relevance to this arguement. 

And regards the "pyro" that Bolivian example is the extreme. But if you think that the morons doing this have any understanding of the devices they are using then you are kidding yourself. One idiot let of a firework in a pub ahead of United Aberdeen match on New Years day. It won't be long til somebody does end up hurt or worse.

Hooliganism was never "acceptable", it was just more prevalent due to the chances of getting caught being far slimmer. I'm sure the fans who didn't take part and Polis would agree with that.

you cannot compare a smoke bomb to a FLARE to a FIREWORK. They're 3 separate items which pose totally different risks. None should be let off in a ground, but don't get them mixed up.

All I know is that if I have my kids at a game and either of them get hurt as the result of behaviour by this 'young crew', whether that be ANY kind of pyrotechnic, or throwing stuff, then I will be the one that will ultimately end up in a cell

They've not hurt anybody and nothing they are doing is in any danger of hurting anybody in the near future. Highly unlikely hypothetical situation you have described there.

They've not hurt anybody and nothing they are doing is in any danger of hurting anybody in the near future. Highly unlikely hypothetical situation you have described there.

They haven't yet - but on Saturday they set off a proper firework on the terrace in the middle of a big crowd. That's clearly dangerous.

Bollocks...a recent police report has determined that ALL pyrotechnics produce enough heat to cause burns and to start a fire if in contact with flammable material. At what point does a smoke bomb not get the adreniline going and it becomes a firecracker, or a firework??

What if a thrown chair catches the wind and comes back into the crowd.

Some of their recent actions ARE likely to hurt somebody at some point

Edited by Edstar101

They haven't yet - but on Saturday they set off a proper firework on the terrace in the middle of a big crowd. That's clearly dangerous.

I'm not really down on my different types of pyro to be honest, but i wasn't aware that bang was an actual firework? If it was then obviously that is stupid and dangerous.

Well it gave off a big flash of light and a massive bang. I was standing about ten feet away from it and jumped out of my skin!

Yeah, I was a good bit away and it was heart attack material even from there! Dangerous or otherwise I've no idea why they are so interested in getting arrested for the sake of a bit of smoke.

I'm not really down on my different types of pyro to be honest, but i wasn't aware that bang was an actual firework? If it was then obviously that is stupid and dangerous.

A rethink of your initial post which set out to rubbish my concerns then??

No, not really. Your concerns are still highly unlikely and your second post on the matter was still full of hypotheticals which is why I ignored it.

Unlikely, yes, but not impossible....and better to remove the possibility than wait until it does actually happen.....low probability, potentially high impact....move to mitigate.

I was in the stand and it made me jump.!so I wouldnt like to be standing next to one taking a sip of Boiling Bovril when it went off. I had a nasty experience of that bowfin beverage at Douglas Park in 1979 which led to me getting arrested and fined.! it was 0-0 and there was a big saints support through at the game and we were packed in tight,i had just started munching my half time pie ,when I felt a scalding pain on the back of my neck and back .!aye a whole cup of bovril over me,my first reaction was to lash out at the guy who spilt it,but my mates grabbed me and said it was an accident which it was of course. the guy apologized profusely as well,although I thought he had a slight grin on his coupon.! The second half was about to kick off when I heard the guy saying check the blister on his neck to one of his mates I put my hand on my neck and there was half pint water blister dangling he then told another of his mates when he arrived back the thing that got me was he was laughing at the same time!. That was it, I hit him a smack.!  One of his mates or so I thought at the time, jumped towards me while putting his hand inside his jacket,so I hit him as well,a big stramash then ensued between his mates and mine.all of us saints supporters btw.!The guy just hung on to me like a limpet until the polis arrived and broke things up. the guy was still hanging on to my legs with one hand reaching inside his jacket so I kept pummeling him.until the cops seperated us.! They then asked the guy what he was trying tae get to his inside pocket for. This he said .! a Strathclyde police CID warrant card oops!.!the only time I have been arrested at a game.! Beware of Bovril.! p.s. saints won 3-0.

Edited by croc

It wasn't a firework, was pyro, thunderflash I think was about 2 yards in front of me, wasn't as big a deal as your all making. Also a few of you are on the other thread going on about the atmosphere at foreign games and posting videos of proper mental pyro and flares but yet are on here moaning about a couple of smoke bombs and something that was more like a ballon bursting. Get a grip.

It wasn't a firework, was pyro, thunderflash I think was about 2 yards in front of me, wasn't as big a deal as your all making. Also a few of you are on the other thread going on about the atmosphere at foreign games and posting videos of proper mental pyro and flares but yet are on here moaning about a couple of smoke bombs and something that was more like a ballon bursting. Get a grip.

Or how about you get a grip and stop doing stuff, or encouraging stuff, that the club specifically have asked you not to, on several occasions