Stewards And Police Today

THE LARK SAINT

It wasn't a firework, was pyro, thunderflash I think was about 2 yards in front of me, wasn't as big a deal as your all making. Also a few of you are on the other thread going on about the atmosphere at foreign games and posting videos of proper mental pyro and flares but yet are on here moaning about a couple of smoke bombs and something that was more like a ballon bursting. Get a grip.

A firework IS pyro!  And it clearly wasn't a thunderflash - if a thunderflash was set off at a match, the police would stop the match because they would think a bomb had gone off.  Ask Stanley Saint how loud a thunderflash is and the damage it would do in a football stadium.  If you were stood 2 yards away the chances are you'd have some pretty bad injuries - and perforated eardrums.

Or how about you get a grip and stop doing stuff, or encouraging stuff, that the club specifically have asked you not to, on several occasions

What have I done like??? What am I encouraging like? I was against it at the European games when the club specifically asked for no pyro.

I was against the behaviour of a couple of fans at tynecastle made that clear aswell. Its a bit of coloured smoke. You might not like the way the young ones follow our team but theres always been a rogue element in football every team has an there always will be harsher laws or not,

Its not like there battling with every team every week in heavy numbers. Your points every week are pathetic moaning on here wont change **** all. If were that much of a disgrace why would the players clap and acknowledge the support? Pay there money every week follow the team wherever they go. Create a atmosphere which saints severly lack without them, I never even realised till after the game the main stand was majority of saints fans !

A firework IS pyro! And it clearly wasn't a thunderflash - if a thunderflash was set off at a match, the police would stop the match because they would think a bomb had gone off. Ask Stanley Saint how loud a thunderflash is and the damage it would do in a football stadium. If you were stood 2 yards away the chances are you'd have some pretty bad injuries - and perforated eardrums.

Yeh but id class a firework as like a rocket etc. I was just told by an older gentleman that it was a thunderflash or similar, tbh I thot someone had burst a balloon...

What have I done like??? What am I encouraging like? I was against it at the European games when the club specifically asked for no pyro.

I was against the behaviour of a couple of fans at tynecastle made that clear aswell. Its a bit of coloured smoke. You might not like the way the young ones follow our team but theres always been a rogue element in football every team has an there always will be harsher laws or not,

Its not like there battling with every team every week in heavy numbers. Your points every week are pathetic moaning on here wont change **** all. If were that much of a disgrace why would the players clap and acknowledge the support? Pay there money every week follow the team wherever they go. Create a atmosphere which saints severly lack without them, I never even realised till after the game the main stand was majority of saints fans !

My apologies for presuming you were one of the 'Young Crew' due to your proximity to the whateverthe****itwas that was let off.

The rest of your post re them creating an atmosphere has been dicussed at length...praised where appropriate, but also the point made that some wont trade that off for the negative shit that seems to be being brought by the same crowd

Yes, the players clap the crowd...they have to, plus they will appreciate the atmosphere. However, don't think that behind the scenes the management and Board, and some of the players, won't see the Young Crew as a potential liability

Edited by Edstar101

If were that much of a disgrace 

This is the same tired nonsense we have to go through every few days.

No-one is suggesting the majority of them nor the majority of their actions are a disgrace, just that some of the actions of some of them are those of pathetic scum.

The side of the "argument" I find myself on is nearly always criticised for hyperbole, but yet it is a recurring theme in the shite posts by your ilk trying to defend them.

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

If you take the Pyro out of the equation  i thought  the Stewards and Police were a bit heavy handed today,Surrounded the group behind the goal like they were Chelsea head hunters,.Looked to be horsing  folk out for next to nothing.30 Years ago we all got together on the terraces  and sung our hearts out, most of us were steaming, so like i said Minus the Pyro, Why so heavy handed!?

Sadly mate you have to cast your mind back to THAT game between the then OF at Hampden , when supporters of each divide met each other for a "driendly" swally in the centre of the park. Following on from this they introduced new licensing laws that prevented folk taking booze to the stadiums or trying to get in drunk.

Thats the reason folk get tossed out or refused entry to games today.

You mentioned "Take away the Pyro" -BUT thats what set the ball rolling and thats why the head match cop sent Stewards and Polis into that particular end and into the action that they took.

I wish the "Young" and the not so young who mingle would just Sing-Chant or Dance about THAT creates atmosphere at a game.

For those who do not want to be involved there are options to move somewhere else well away from the "crew".

They choose to do what they do and IF its considered way Over and above then thats when the Cops move in.

Is it young guys/gals rebelling against authority or are they pushing their luck to the limit - only they know .

As for this "Pyro" or other stuff -Would they set these off in their own homes in front of their familly ?

Create the atmosphere as folk say BUT what does letting off a smoke bomb actually do for the atmosphere ? Or is it that someone has said " No you cannot do that" and the reply has been "feck you - we can and we will"

Lets not start falling out with each other over this ONE DAY we might need each other COYS.

Yeah, I was a good bit away and it was heart attack material even from there! Dangerous or otherwise I've no idea why they are so interested in getting arrested for the sake of a bit of smoke.

That's the nub of it for me. They know setting that stuff off will get them in bother. So why do it? The smoke bombs add absolutely nothing IMO. I could almost see it doing something if there were dozens of them going off in a packed terrace/stand - but one on a half empty terrace at Forfar? No thanks.

I don't think anyone would have an issue with the singing, dancing and drumming - it has been a great addition in recent times. But leave the "pyro", fighting and seat breaking behind thanks very much.

A firework IS pyro! And it clearly wasn't a thunderflash - if a thunderflash was set off at a match, the police would stop the match because they would think a bomb had gone off. Ask Stanley Saint how loud a thunderflash is and the damage it would do in a football stadium. If you were stood 2 yards away the chances are you'd have some pretty bad injuries - and perforated eardrums.

If it doesn't blow off a tartan rug or 2 they will be sindged

Is there any way that there could be a meeting between fan groups, young and old or supporters clubs to have this issue proper delt with? I by the way am not a member of the young team or any other group, I'm just a saints fan, I don't go to every game due to work but I do follow the team as much as I can. I read the forum daily to catch up on what I've missed at a game.

I was at the semi and thought we were totally out numbered by the sheep.

They created an atmosphere with no pyro and no drum and ONE SONG, THEY'VE ONLY ONE SONG.

We do to need to create an atmosphere at games, so instead of battling between our own fan base can we not have a meet and try and see how to create a safe, fun environment for all types of supporter.

And obviously try and persuade the young team to drop the pyro, without being ragey then maybe they might listen to sensible reasoning.

F*** me this makes me sound like a grandad ( No offence intended )

Worth a bash NO ????

Dear god, do you want me to draw you a diagram? Where, anywhere at all have I called anybody racist? The point I made is to say that people can't complain about this mob or want change because they come from a generation that had real hooligans in it, is equivilant to saying that anybody over 40 can't complain about racism as they came from a generation that was much more racist. People move on and what society deemed acceptable or normal in the past is completely irrelevant to what people think and want now. They do say that the longer an arguement  goes on the more chance Hitler or the Nazis will be brought up. You seem to have jumped about 10 steps to get there.

You made a direct comparison between the behavior of the wee dafties and being racist.

No picture required I just read your post.

So are you bigging up the youngsters or dumming down racism coz they ain't in the same league.

You made a direct comparison between the behavior of the wee dafties and being racist.

No picture required I just read your post.

So are you bigging up the youngsters or dumming down racism coz they ain't in the same league.

You know full well what ODAB is trying to say, and what he is not trying to say.  Trying to pick over his words to prove otherwise is pointless.

I blame Celtic!  Green Brigade RIP  - soon to follow all other Ultras, Young Mobs...   Tend to support the Motherwell point of view, and was disgusted at their treatment in Paisley, but what I seen on Saturday was over handed, or should I say inadequate?  Do the police know how to handle this uprising from football fans.

I have enjoyed the atmosphere that is created at Saints games of late, but seldom moments over the course of year are the points that everyone remembers unfortunately.  To win over the doubters, there should be a run to the end of season complying with what the authorities have set.  I am all for stretching rules, but it seems to be straight forward on this point. 

There is no clique within the WAP community. There are individuals who have a sense of perspective and don't demonise enthusiastic kids for letting off the weapon of mass destruction that is a smoke bomb.

On the flipside, there are other self-righteous characters who love to come on WAP and catalogue every possible misdemeanour, before classing the collective kids as "not TRUE fans" and a disgrace to the club.

I wouldn't even give the young team the recognition of calling them thugs. Half of them still have braces. The smashing a single chair at Tynecastle was out of order and they were told that, hence no more.

I have neither demonised enthusiastic kids for 'pyro', nor have I classed them as 'not TRUE fans'. So I hope this isn't in reference to myself.

It's fair for people to state their concerns. If the supporters who indulged in similar behaviour back in the old days feel that they'd be acting in a hypocritical manner by lambasting the behaviour of the current Young Team, then that is perfectly fine and understandable. However, they have no right to criticise others for speaking their mind. I'm not an old guy. I'm 21. Like the majority of other young Saints supporters, I enjoy showing enthusiastic support every week without feeling the need to do something irresponsible, direspectful or dangerous. 

This doesn't make me a self-righteous moaner who thinks he is intellectually superior. However, I'm sure that someone will jump on this post as if I've said something absolutely awful here.

I have neither demonised enthusiastic kids for 'pyro', nor have I classed them as 'not TRUE fans'. So I hope this isn't in reference to myself.

It's fair for people to state their concerns. If the supporters who indulged in similar behaviour back in the old days feel that they'd be acting in a hypocritical manner by lambasting the behaviour of the current Young Team, then that is perfectly fine and understandable. However, they have no right to criticise others for speaking their mind. I'm not an old guy. I'm 21. Like the majority of other young Saints supporters, I enjoy showing enthusiastic support every week without feeling the need to do something irresponsible, direspectful or dangerous. 

This doesn't make me a self-righteous moaner who thinks he is intellectually superior. However, I'm sure that someone will jump on this post as if I've said something absolutely awful here.

I'm 30 years older than you and never been involved in anything in all the time I've followed Saints. I recall the Cabbie Bar and the like and the songs that were sung at the time.

I was lucky in my youth. Although I would hang around with some interesting characters, somehow things only happened when I wasn't in their company. No idea why that would be, because at other times their actions were definitely criminal.

I'd imagine that stopping drinking at 17 would have been a factor. :razz:

If you behave then that's good. If others don't then that's up to them, they will experience any consequences once its decided they have gone too far. While I wouldn't agree with some of the antics, they're responsible only for themselves and only they will answer for what they've done. Maybe some of the older guys who stand near them could help them out with a friendly word of advice because there's no point in anyone approaching them from outside the group. Likely to get verbals or even a smack.

Time all the nonsense, arguing and criticism on here stopped. If you don't like what the young guys are up to, don't stand or sit near them if it can be avoided.

Personally I dislike seeing the kind of drunken nonsense on display from both sets of fans at the semi final. But that's their choice. I can only regulate my own behaviour so I won't judge.

Like Ed with his kids, I'd hate anything to happen to my son (who has a disability, and posts his displeasure at the youngsters on here despite me telling him repeatedly not to bite) while attending a match. There isn't much I'd react to, even if it involved myself, but that's something I'd rather not see.

Haha possibly!

I think you might have hit the nail on the head here doc!!

If each of one of our resident whingers/good guys/real fans were to buddy up with a member of the YT and go to the game with them and show them how they should be conducting themselves like real fans... Then maybe we could eventually through time act as one big happy family!!

Surely worth a shot???

It's mental/rediculous that we've got 14 pages on this when essentially, everyone's making the same point! 

Do....

- sing & dance

- create an atmosphere 

- enjoy yourself

Don't.....

- bring pyro

- break stuff

- scrap with folk 

good lads 

Edited by angus-saint253