Sevco Fan To Laugh At

jhq

As much as I'd love to laugh at the misfortune, the bookie accepted the bet so should honour it, especially if they've already paid out someone else at 33/1 !!

If the mistake was addressed in writing within a fair amount of time, which could well be the case, then fair enough - but it doesn't sound like it is.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

Not sure a bet is an enforceable contract. However, if he is going to arbitration I think his case is clear.

Had the shoe been on the other foot and he had approached Logan Bet after a few games and said that he had made a mistake and instead of betting £40 he had meant to bet £17 (and could they refund him his £23 forthwith) I am certain of what the answer would have been.(I am imagining Still Game's Winston and Stevie the bookie playing out this scenario in my mind's eye as I type) :laugh:

PB

Bookies have palpable errors written in to their terms and conditions which will be on the wall of their shop. They made a mistake which they rectified as soon as they noticed it, they won't be forced to pay out and quite rightly.

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

33-1 to go all season unbeaten. Were these over generous odds and palpably wrong? Had it been 500-1 or even 250-1 then yes but 33-1 doesn't seem too good to be true. In fact, 14-1 seems less than enticing.

PB

While i did chuckle at this guys predicament,i think the heading of this thread should be "Another Sevco fan to laugh at"  As i find myself pointing at them and smiling with smug satisfaction when i have the displeasure of being in any of their company as they tell the world how hard done by they have been by Scottish football in general