Drew Rutherford- A legend passes!!!

saintbear

Bravest man I have ever met.

In all the times I went to see him, I never once heard him complain, and he was so grateful what the Saints fans were doing for him and his family.

Personally, an inspiration to me, and a man I will never forget - his performances on the park epitomise the way he lived his life - 110% all the way.

I feel privelidged to have met him as a person, and to have seen him as a player.

Gone but never forgotten - My hero - Drew Rutherford.

Graeme

Truly sad day, at least Drew is no longer suffering and is at peace. I never had the opportunity to see him play but, having spoken to so many of you, realise he was one of those 'special' players that only appear every so often and I wish I had had the chance to watch him.

I did have the pleasure to see you play Drew and remember you fondly as a person who always had time for the younger players. I had the pleasure of recieving a player of the year trophy from you which still to this day is both mine and my mothers proudest day. My sympthy goes to your family as an era passes away RIP.

It may have been inevitable that he was to go but it's still a sad sad day when he does. Again, someone who I fleetingly remember being out there when I was a bairn on the terraces at Muirton, but never well enough to remember what an impact he had on his fellow players at the time. His record will live on possibly for the rest of our times supporting the club, meaning he will always be remembered by those he gave so much for on the park - the supporters. He epitomised what a footballer should be about.

RIP Drew and thoughts with his family.