Weareperthbarossasaints Proposed Move

THE LARK SAINT

I have had a chat with Perer Milne The Club secretary and far from being supportive i thought he was the opposite. He told me only 35 from WAP are now members of the Club and we don't offer anything now. I pointed out that we hadjust recently held a comedy night at the Club with over 90 people at the event and he said" so we only took £180 behind the bar,Not to forget the full house on.May 17 th.Peter has also been invited to open meeting on 20 Nov

Think he is pulling your pisser Larky 90 people spent £ 2 each, be lucky to get a 1/2 for that.

How do you go about joining this said club, since recently moving back tae Perth I wouldn't mind getting more involved with a supporters club wherever it's based. I just wanna go on some jollys, have a laugh and meet new folk.

just go in and ask for a membership form.

if you put "WAP" in the countersign bit it should be ok. I'll propose you if need be though and I'm sure someone in the place can second it.

How do you go about joining this said club, since recently moving back tae Perth I wouldn't mind getting more involved with a supporters club wherever it's based. I just wanna go on some jollys, have a laugh and meet new folk.

Come to the meeting on 20th @8pm ask for me and i can sort it for you

• 4 weeks later...

After tonights event at the club, i have lost faith in the place. Not unless something drastic happens and can turn around the dinosaurs that run it, and the licenses they apply for. First of all i know rules are rules, etc etc so dont shoot me down.

The club took a booking for an under 12's football team and all was fine, the only clause was that 2 people had to be members or become members for the booking to go through ( 2 organisers of the team became members and booked it )

The night started at 7pm and by 7.20 there was a fair few children in the place. On several occasions i was told that by 9pm all the children running about had to either settle down and stop running about, or if they were on the dance floor they had to be dancing . ...

Fair enough,,, children were told they had to calm down and that by 9pm they either sit on their arses or dance ...

I was then told to make another announcement that no children were allowed on the dance floor unless accompanied by an adult - this was not long after 9pm.

Once i told parent this, many came to me and said they were unhappy that this was the case,and left.  Kids couldnt dance to the music they like because the parents werent on the dancefloor with them. How bad was that a kids presentation and they couldnt be on the dancefloor without an adult !!!

When it was booked, none of these rules were stated...

Gutted for the wee team and organisers

The football team manager and helpters put alot of effort into the night, not once in the run up to it happening, and with any conversations with the club did they get told about the children had to be on seats at 9pm and if they were on the dance floor after that then an adult had to be with them, ffs it was a children's footy team. It was spoiled and parents just left very unhappy

When you bought memebership, did you get a receipt?

When you bought membership did you even get a card?!

(and yes, the guy behind the bar is from the dark ages. Right wanker. )

THE MOVE

The option given to larky. Again, another backhander style of deal "4 figure contribition...blah blah blah".

Is £1000 [sweetner/backhander] the value of our St Johnstone Supporters' goodwill and business? 

You could take it further and request a copy of the licensing laws from the council to see if the demands placed in the kids were in fact in line with the licensing agreements that the club have. It just seems through reading it that they are happy to take the money but want the kids to shut up, how enjoyable is that?? They will associate this directly with Saints now and not some wee clubby with dark ages mentality.

I've never been a member of the club and probably never will as the few times I've been in I've never felt welcomed enough by those who work there to warrant me being a member.

If a move indeed happens I may well likely try it out with the wee lad and see if we like it.

After the football team manager speaking to licensing at PKC they said that one of the agreements was that children 0-18 were restricted to core times and for the duration of events / functions.

Also that children were not to approach or be near the members bar.

Any other rules about children not being on the dancefloor without an adult etc sounds like it is a club / committee rule.

A party without children dancing ;) sounds braw

100% this is a committee decision (and when I say committee i think we all know that I mean a Morris Flood decision).  The Club is a bloody shambles, its run by dinosaurs for dinosaurs.  They are quite happy to run the place like its still the 1970's.  In fact if you take a wander in there on a saturday night most of the people that still frequent it (that haven't already died off) are still sitting in the same seats that they would have occupied back in the 70's, and good luck to anybody that has the audicity to sit in one of those seats. 

And as for Fatty behind the bar, the least said about him the better.  Arrogant tosser, which is quite a feat in itself when you look like he does.  A t-shirt that fits would be a decent start for him. 

I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been in and can honestly say that anything any member of staff has done for me would not encourage me to either take out a membership or frequent more often. In saying that I spent a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon there on the day of the Lucerne game thanks to the company I was in in the lounge. It does seem a shame that the St Johnstone supporters club has been hijacked by Neanderthals my view is quite simple get rid of all the crap behind the bars (including the staff) get a Saints friendly committee on board and you might just be able to move forward. Failing that perhaps a move away is inevitable (although is The Corinna the right place for this).

I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been in and can honestly say that anything any member of staff has done for me would not encourage me to either take out a membership or frequent more often. In saying that I spent a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon there on the day of the Lucerne game thanks to the company I was in in the lounge. It does seem a shame that the St Johnstone supporters club has been hijacked by Neanderthals my view is quite simple get rid of all the crap behind the bars (including the staff) get a Saints friendly committee on board and you might just be able to move forward. Failing that perhaps a move away is inevitable (although is The Corinna the right place for this).

Never going to happen.  Morris Flood would shut the doors for good before giving up his control over the club. 

Something that may actually happen sooner rather than later anyway if the rumours regarding their finances are lead to be believed.  

Edited by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III