Mr Caddis

slf

I think Liam would be well advised to make a move into a central midfield role and try to copy Chris Millar.

Millar was always to slow for the right side of midfield but he protected his full-back very well and put in plenty of effort- it's not until his move into the middle has he looked a real quality player. He reads the game very well, passes the ball exceptionally and his work rate protects the defence.

I see Caddis having the same potential to be moulded into a very similar role. He's too slow to play on the right side of midfield and I don't see him ever chipping in with many goals or assists from there- he can pass a ball well though.

This is Caddis' very last chance to make an impression at the club and he needs to take it with both hands.

I for one am glad to see Liam get a new deal, I have stuck up for him for a couple of years, just needs a run in a settled position to prove his worth.

how do you know he's any good if he doesn't get a game? I'm not fussed either way if he was to stay or go but I think it's a waste of a wage if he's going to play the same amount of time as he did this season.

how do you know he's any good if he doesn't get a game? I'm not fussed either way if he was to stay or go but I think it's a waste of a wage if he's going to play the same amount of time as he did this season.

I disagree completely. It's a smart move by Saints retaining someone who can adequately cover a few positions, probably not costing the earth and who has the right attitude to being a squad player.

I think Liam would be well advised to make a move into a central midfield role and try to copy Chris Millar.

Millar was always to slow for the right side of midfield but he protected his full-back very well and put in plenty of effort- it's not until his move into the middle has he looked a real quality player. He reads the game very well, passes the ball exceptionally and his work rate protects the defence.

I see Caddis having the same potential to be moulded into a very similar role. He's too slow to play on the right side of midfield and I don't see him ever chipping in with many goals or assists from there- he can pass a ball well though.

This is Caddis' very last chance to make an impression at the club and he needs to take it with both hands.

Agree with this.

I wonder what this means for Scott Brown? Given we haven't been able to give first team football to even one of them I can't see us giving it to two, and Brown is in my opinion by far the better player.

Fair enough my opinion of both is based on the very few matches they've played in, but I think Brown's performances in Europe were better than anything I've seen from Caddis then or since.

I'd like us to be doing a better job next season of playing Brown and Kane, and maybe Caddis too. The like of Lappin are decent but unnecessary and shouldn't really have been given a 2 year deal.

I wonder what this means for Scott Brown? Given we haven't been able to give first team football to even one of them I can't see us giving it to two, and Brown is in my opinion by far the better player.

Fair enough my opinion of both is based on the very few matches they've played in, but I think Brown's performances in Europe were better than anything I've seen from Caddis then or since.

I'd like us to be doing a better job next season of playing Brown and Kane, and maybe Caddis too. The like of Lappin are decent but unnecessary and shouldn't really have been given a 2 year deal.

I'd like to see more of Brown and Kane in the first team too.

With regard to Lappin though, he can deliver a fine cross and with a decent finisher he could be an important link in the team.  Took me a while to warm to him, but I think he is valuable now.

I'd like to see more of Brown and Kane in the first team too.

With regard to Lappin though, he can deliver a fine cross and with a decent finisher he could be an important link in the team.  Took me a while to warm to him, but I think he is valuable now.

I'm definitely not saying he is terrible, should be punted etc. I just don't think he was good enough to get the 2 year deal given the supposed on youth, should have been reevaluated this summer. Obviously it could well have been he'd have been signed again anyway and presumably wasn't willing to come on a 1 year.

It's just something that's always bugged me since his arrival. Anyhow I'm taking the subject too far from Caddis.