Best fans in the world ?

Kilgour

Kick-off delayed at Stair Park due to Sellick fans throwing flares etc. on to pitch.They had a selection of banners which have no place at a Scottish Cup match and once again we were treated (along with a large tv audience) to a selection of songs and chants which some may find offensive.

The enclosure involved today was small and ticketed and along with tv footage surely there will be some action other than "waiting on the match delegates report" as per the Govan mob.

And still nothing will happen,

That's right because then they would have to address the much larger element on the other side of the city and that is a no-no.

If they were to fine the green club, then they would have to do like wise to the blue shower over the road and that would further hinder their journey which is simply unthinkable.

It's actually time the Scottish government got involved to stamp this out once and for all. But if the football Governing bodies had simply followed their own rules then one half of the problem would have been taken out of the equation. In my opinion. 

Edited by Indicator

Celtic's definition of a minority is the same as that used by Sevco - "a figure which is less than 100%".  Like Sevco they claim to be doing everything they can to eradicate the "minority" who cause problems by singing offensive songs, disrupting silences, displaying political banners, throwing flares etc. but still the trouble is there.  Like Sevco they will feign outrage at each incident ( the two of them probably meet from time to time to exchange information on what set of excuses seem to work best ) and when things have quietened down they will forget about their promises of tough action and get back to selling season tickets and merchandise.  There are decent Celtic and Sevco fans, I know some personally, but it is they who are the "minority" in the normally accepted definition of the word.

Want to stop the problem?  Easy - kick Celtic out of the cup and fine Sevco 10 points for the nonsense at the Hibs game.  All legal hell would, of course, break out but if the SFA and SPFL toughed it out the "minorities" would either start to behave or suddenly find themselves unwelcome at the Girodrome and Ayebroke.  Since pigs do not fly there will be no toughening from Hampden.

UEFA are a different kettle of fish and sooner or later they will stop fining Celtic and instead save them the trouble of failing to qualify for the Champions League for a year or two.

There is talk now of introducing "strict liability"..............or at least Stewart Reagan thought it might be a good idea to kid on he is wanting to do something to rid us of this nonsense.

If you can excuse my ignorance of this but is the announcement that is made prior to every game at McD (about the behaviour of fans both home and away being the responsibility of the club) not what this is?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I just wonder if UEFA will have the balls to punish them properly for there Palestinian flag waving on Wednesday night.

PS I think this rule is an absolute nonsense as I think I said after we were fined for a single Palestinian flag but it is in place and should be punished. I think enforced relegation to some diddy league in Englandshire would be appropriate.