Ross County v St Johnstone 15/2/20

Cagerf

4 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Imagine a guy that’s been out with a cruciate injury taking a while to get up to speed. 

Shock horror

Yup. Cruciate injuries are the worst. Even with the best surgery/rehab, you're stuffed for 12 months. And some don't make it back. One of the biggest issues is psychological. You can be 100% fit, but it takes time to get mentally confident and you get niggly injuries. Good luck to him.

23 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Yup. Cruciate injuries are the worst. Even with the best surgery/rehab, you're stuffed for 12 months. And some don't make it back. One of the biggest issues is psychological. You can be 100% fit, but it takes time to get mentally confident and you get niggly injuries. Good luck to him.

I think this is his second major injury too. 

Look at Stevie May. He’s permanently lost that 1% edge that made him a killer. 

He still has the ability to stick the ball away 15-20 a year up here, but I don’t think he’ll ever have the edge that he did before.

no shame in that, it’s taken him 3 whole years and coming back to Perth to find himself again. 

He’s just one in a long, long list. 

Drey is a player. A player that’s capable of playing above our station. 

Edited by Pat McGroin

3 hours ago, Rob said:

No idea but he's been playing well in my opinion. At the centre of a lot of things. Has a bit of creativity about him, can link up well with others. The goals will come. 

As for our goal yesterday, classic Stevie May goal, no great power behind it but perfect placement.

All the above about Drey plus his defensive work is great.

Some are the same about Kane ,most of his work is not appreciated.

It's a team game & they contribute more than most.

36 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

He still has the ability to stick the ball away 15-20 a year up here, but I don’t think he’ll ever have the edge that he did before.

Worth mentioning that hes scored 4 goals in his last 8 games, and in that run of games (all the games in 2020) is averaging a goal every 130 minutes.

He also has 2 assists in that time.

First half we played really well. It was a case of how many would we score, could’ve had so many more. Ross County didn’t know what had hit them. Kane and May linking up well, good passing in terrible conditions.

Second half we just lost it. It was like the first 10 mins against Ayr again. In conditions like the that, the longer the game goes on, the more likely the poorer team are going to bundle one over the line. 

We dominated against Hearts, Motherwell and again tonight, and should have 9 points, disappointing only to have 5 from that. But, an incredible turnaround to be in a position where ONLY getting 5 points from those games is a disappointment. Shows how well we’ve been playing. Hope we can continue to push on until the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

I think this is his second major injury too. 

no shame in that, it’s taken him 3 whole years and coming back to Perth to find himself again. 

He’s just one in a long, long list. 

Drey is a player. A player that’s capable of playing above our station. 

Agree... doing an ACL/PCL is everyone's nightmare. You have to change your style a bit to compensate. Players that rely on pure pace/ twisting etc are affected more. Look at Gascoigne. Besides his demons, he took 3 years and multiple ops to get back. He was a standout in that Rangers team, because he had terrific skills and didn't rely on pace. He also looked very good in the Scottish league. May needs time to find how to compensate, so will Drey. I'd be hesitant as an opposition manager to go for him on a free in the summer. Think he'd take an 18 mth extension. 

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

The Sun is having a laugh. They have Clark & Tanser in their team of the week. Mind you they only had 3 games to choose from.

They had May in it as well mind you.

I didn't buy it Sixties. It was in beside my Sunday paper. Honest.

You need to get a letter into Dear Dierdrie. She might help your affliction. 

12 hours ago, double deluxe said:

Was only giving facts, not being critical, Drey is a player.

Relax and pat your groin.

I haven't been to any games but from watching the highlights for our goals there are a few he has been involved in without actually being the one to provide the assist. Booth's goal in the cup being the one that springs to mind the most. Great work down the right for that one.

Goals and assists are probably harsh stats to use to someone in his position but as you say he is a player.

1 point.   It's a point, disappointing we didn't hold for 3.   Another game without defeat.  Our revival and bounce up the league has been based being harder to defeat.  Can say nothing has changed from that point of view.  Our progress is ongoing. 

Just wish we take our chances, at least we are creating, and maybe one day a team might get a doing this season.  We bounced back from a late Hearts goal and sure we will bounce back and be ready to win v Rangers next out.

Another set of games pass and little change in the table.  11 points ahead of playoff spot, nothing to worry about!  Looking at fixtures to the split, I'd estimate we could pick up approx 10 points, sure as hell the teams below us wont.

20200217_101939.jpg

Edited by Dave H

When you look at how many games we"ve ended up drawing this season if we had just been more clinical we would be flying. In most of the games the chances have been there. We've not actually lost that many games despite some bad defending at times, going behind early etc.  When you think 2 wins gives you the same points as 6 draws and weve had something like 10 now.