Saints v Accies

john.w

Rumours around Guy is really homesick and being stuck in isolation in his hotel room is making matters worse, it has been said he will be flying back home ASAP...... But 

CD explanation of why he hasn't been playing., he doesn't trust him 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/league-position-makes-difficult-throw-23241947

Edited by chips

7 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Honestly, May was one of the best players on the park today IMO. Was imperative in all that was good when going forward. Can't believe some people (Cagey and rickardo) have singled him out in particular.

His link up play was fine, but his inability to beat a man or get a shot on goal is really worrying. 3 league goals in open play isn’t really enough for what he’ll be earning. 

12 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Am I missing something here? May has scored 10 goals this season. So far.

League where it really matters.

Stevie May St Johnstone (BBC)

Goals   Assists    Played    Goals per 90    Mins per Goal     Total Shots    Goal Conversion    Shot Accuracy
    5             3             18                0.37                 244                       29                       17%                        38%

4 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

His link up play was fine, but his inability to beat a man or get a shot on goal is really worrying. 3 league goals in open play isn’t really enough for what he’ll be earning. 

Saints will play a lot worse than yesterday and win games. May was playing well but one thing you have to do is give credit to the Hamilton defence who did to saints what they did on Saturday against Celtic simply putting their bodies on the line and throwing themselves at everything. 

Football is 90percent a confidence game and sadly our strikers have no confidence at present. 

13 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Saints will play a lot worse than yesterday and win games. May was playing well but one thing you have to do is give credit to the Hamilton defence who did to saints what they did on Saturday against Celtic simply putting their bodies on the line and throwing themselves at everything. 

Football is 90percent a confidence game and sadly our strikers have no confidence at present. 

This - probably the best game Brian Easton has ever had at McDiarmid 

27 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

This - probably the best game Brian Easton has ever had at McDiarmid 

Easton just one of a long list of players written off by Saints due to injury problems who went on to play for a few more seasons. Others include The goalie,Ferguson ,I think. Peaso & centre half who's name I can't recall.

I think there were others which I can't remember.

Not a criticism just a discussion point.

It worries me that in the interview Davidson says he'd take a draw 'all day'. A draw against Hamilton at home just isn't good enough. People say we played well, but this is how Hamilton pick up points, they allow teams to 'play well' against them, soak up pressure and hit them on the break. They allowed us to have chances but we dealt with them so feebly.

There were some good performances yesterday: Craig, Rooney, McCann & Booth. 

Overall, I think May is having a decent season and Kane has been better recently, I think they've been working on him turning defenders and he managed it once or twice yesterday. I do feel sorry for Melamed though - just throw him on instead of Kane at the end, what could possibly go wrong?

Davidson talked about turning May into an out and out striker, he was going wide again yesterday which meant no one was in the box.

It seems to me that we've lost shape. We were playing 5-3-2 yesterday rather than the usual 5-2-3. It feels a bit like Davidson is now changing the system, but the players don't really know what they are supposed to be doing.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

It seems to me that we've lost shape. We were playing 5-3-2 yesterday rather than the usual 5-2-3. It feels a bit like Davidson is now changing the system, but the players don't really know what they are supposed to be doing.

Thought he changed from a 3-5-2 to a sort of 3-3-1-3 when he brought on Conway for may. 

As far as formations are concerned he could play lots of different shapes but it is all down to the players on the park at the end of the day. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Thought he changed from a 3-5-2 to a sort of 3-3-1-3 when he brought on Conway for may. 

As far as formations are concerned he could play lots of different shapes but it is all down to the players on the park at the end of the day. 

Yes, we did seem to go back to 5-2-3 when Conway and O'Halloran came on, but it was hard to tell!