Motherwell vs. Saints 28/02/07

Guest Nairn Saint

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YYYAAAGGGHHHHH!!! That was the most satisfying one yet!! How pesh are Motherwell????

We scored 2 but should have had 6 - c**p finishing and some fantastic goalkeeping by Smith kept the score respectable. Marking at the back was a bit dodgy and we had the usual "stand off them and let them run at us" tactic going on a bit, but Cat mopped things up well when required. Positives were that we totally BATTERED them in midfield and up front, with Simon Mensing and Martin Hardie both putting in absolutely superb shifts, getting right in their faces (Simon, you are SO frustrating sometimes mate...), giving McLaren and Sheerin space and time to work some magic. (Thought Paul had a stunner tonight BTW after his lack of form recently) The two crosses that led to our goals were sublime - Wullie made his marker look a total donkey and sold him down the river, but Goran seemed to beat the whole defence before his stunning cross was mercilessly dispatched by Jason - seemed to all happen in slow motion it was so perfect...!

What a game. Well done boys - and us - who didn't stop singing all night. Pars or Hibs in the semi please. So that means it'll probably be Celtic then - you just know it... But a day out at Hampden - can't be bad! :lol:

Herts

We were terrific - simply brilliant. It was a great atmosphere in the Saints end tonight too, well done the fans. We played some great attacking football and gave them a real lesson. The only thing that spoiled my night is my recorder fecked up and didn't record the game :evil:

2-1 going on 6-1 - brilliant performance :)

Anyone I spoke to pre-match had doubts over Wullie's inclusion in the team - wasn't any need for them, was there? Mensing was brilliant in......erm.....whatever position he popped up in at any given opportunity, but Kevin James was immense again - does he save his best for the Scottish Cup? If so, he may lead you up the Hampden steps in May :)

Those players won't let you down, no matter who you draw in the semis - only two more "upsets" needed though......... :D

Im just waiting for the motherwell fans to come out with the shite about how they had a bad game, just like the gers, falkirk, hibs and united yeah? SPL? you really are having a laugh!!

But back to us, yet again unbelievable proud to be a saints fan, the team were immense in every way, the fans were awesome, superb atmosphere, and all round amazing night, again!!

Absolutely fantastic performance last night. For me, performance of the season, as we attacked all night and could easily have scored 4 or 5 and it could not have been argued with.

Every player should be extremely proud of themselves this morning. They have shown, on national TV, again, that they can match their SPL couterparts and that we deserve to be there next season.

Mensing was outstanding, back in the centre of midfield. That is his best position, and Coyle really needs to realise this. Where did Hardie pull some of those passes from ? My god, I didn't realise he could pass a ball like that. Stanic's run for Jase's goal was immense, full of purpose and with a superb cross on the end of it which just invited the header for the goal. I thought Willie looked good for about seventy minutes, and just tired due to all his running, and the whole defensive unit was solid.

So happy this morning. Going to be smiling ALL day.

Where did Hardie pull some of those passes from ? My god, I didn't realise he could pass a ball like that.

Thing is, he's been doing it all season. His pass for Savo at Firhill, the pass for Savo at Ibrox, the pass for Jason against Dundee, another for Savo up at Dingwall. For all Sheerin is the wizard, Hardie is the man that can put a 40 yard pass right on his team mate's toe.

Simon Mensing and Kevin James were immense and we played some great flowing football.

Hibs in the semi final so we can get a boat load of money and then beat them to a pulp. That would be revenge for Tynecastle.

Then Celtic in the final so we can get a boat load of money and then beat them to a pulp. That would be some revenge for the League Cup final defeat in 1969 that I failed to see. :oops: