Eetu back out on loan again - from the BBC

pezza70

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Be fair and at least read what the guy's saying. He's not making the point that Eetu's a good player, he's making the point that the club's treatment of him has been poor.

Be Fair!!!

He might not make the point in this particular post but he's been saying it for ages.

I'm sick of this conspiracy theory at every turn. 

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Honestly Random you need to stop. You have a hard on for battering Davidon at every turn. Vertain is proffesional football player- moving around the country, Europe and even the world is all part of that gig. If the boy was as good as you presume he wouldn't have been let go.

Move on and start getting back to moaning about the colour of Calum Davidson's shoes for f sake!

Ive posted elsewhere i dont think Vertainen has shown enough, outwith his goal record, to suggest he'd be ahead of Clark or May.

Ive never understood this argument about young footballers just being fine to move countries either. Hes potentially left Finland for the first ever time, without any family or friends, and within 3 months his manager, who should be supporting him, is humiliating him in public. If you moved country for a job at 23, and after 2 days your boss started calling you a useless t*** who ruined a days work because you had an early lunch, how would you feel?

My worry is how a young foreign player was treated. Seems like he had very little support from the start, was then humiliated by his manager for absolutely nothing, before being treated like an outsider then ignored. John Mahon also spoke about feeling like an outsider and having no trust from the manager.

Michael O'Halloran was still contributing then just randomly got frozen out and started looking miserable. We also now have Wotherspoon looking unhappy and hes also struggling to get involved. 

If the manager thinks they arent worth playing or keeping around thats fine, i just dont think freezing them out and making them feel unwelcome is what a St Johnstone manager should be doing. If you start playing favourites and players recognise that, you can find yourself in trouble if youre then relying on unmotivated, unhappy, players coming in to help.

Edited by RandomGuy

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

My worry is how a young foreign player was treated. Seems like he had very little support from the start, was then humiliated by his manager for absolutely nothing, before being treated like an outsider then ignored. John Mahon also spoke about feeling like an outsider and having no trust from the manager.

Michael O'Halloran was still contributing then just randomly got frozen out and started looking miserable. We also now have Wotherspoon looking unhappy and hes also struggling to get involved. 

Pure speculation from me but I tend to suspect Guy Melamed should perhaps be on that list too.

I'm not quite sure why people are still intent on defending Davidson on this (unless, like a journalist, you have vested interest in doing so). Players have been treated badly, that seems clear.

It seems like Davidson never wanted to sign Melamed & Vertainen so they're played rarely & shipped out asap. Melamed looked to be one of the best strikers we'd had in some time, especially paired with the right player alongside him,  but obviously wanted to go home after how he'd been treated. Who knows how good Vertainen could have been. He certainly showed promise in the short time he was here & proved that at Linfield. I'd rather have him over Bair any day (McLennan too actually).

He also seems to buy players like Crawford. Almost everyone knows they won't be good enough. Davidson realises that 6 months later and off they go.

It's just a mess. We miss out on potentially decent players because the manager doesn't like them) or doesn't like who organised the transfer), and then we side duds because he 'trusts them'.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Pure speculation from me but I tend to suspect Guy Melamed should perhaps be on that list too.

And there in lies the problem. Speculation!

From the press reports around his departure Melamed was wanting too much dough for us to entertain.

7 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

From the press reports around his departure Melamed was wanting too much dough for us to entertain.

Pretty much everything on the forum is speculation and opinion, and a lot of the stuff in the press is too.

I'd be amazed if Melamed would have been even remotely interested in staying on with us, given his lack of game time.

9 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Maybe he'd have wanted less money if Davidson had played him more. Whenever he played above 75 mins or so in a game, he scored.

I was in Ireland for a few days and attended the Linfield v Coleraine game ( same day as Saints drew with St Mirren )

Etu started and scored the second goal in a 2-0 win.

I thought he looked ok, In my opinion he looked way way better then Bair ever has.

He came off after just over an hour, fans around me of the opinion to save him for future games.

He did like to keep the ball and try things a lot, maybe that’s easier to do in a Linfield team that dominated the game.

As an aside, if you find yourself in Ireland, there’s way better places to go than Windsor Park, nice ground but just over 2000 in a 16000 Stadium is rubbish and it does feel like a Rangers reserve game.

I was at Drogheda on the Fri night, Mannus in goal for Shamrock Rovers, Dan Cleary sent off, enjoyed that way more.

Off injured, pulled up while sprinting.

Kind of gauged the NI league as ~League One quality here in my stats stuff, and that feels about right watching this?

Tactically feels weird. Players constantly in acres of space and both sides seem to have played with 3 players just constantly stood up front. Tempo really low too.

Same two teams I watched couple of weeks ago in the same stadium with same 2-0 result.

I wouldn’t disagree about league 1 quality, Coleraine are part time so that would put them about there.

Larne look like winning the Irish league, I think for the first time ever, town with a population of approx 18000 and probably best known as a ferry port. I think they’ve been getting money put into them by the guy that owns Purplebricks, it’s the kind of league that just a bit of investment probably makes a big difference. 

Attached pic of Larnes ground.

Not that I m an expert from a 3 day trip.

FE47D380-1E27-41CE-B0F0-A543068AFE62.jpeg

Edited by Strawman

5 minutes ago, Strawman said:

Larne look like winning the Irish league, I think for the first time ever, town with a population of approx 18000 and probably best known as a ferry port. I think they’ve been getting money put into them by the guy that owns Purplebricks, it’s the kind of league that just a bit of investment probably makes a big difference. 

Yeah theyve got big investment. They appeared on a "fun teams to manager in football manager" list a few years back that mentioned it.

Some very strange blinkered views in this thread.

I'm with Random and others.

Davidson is a clueless wee fanny, the sooner he's gone the better.

Simply can't understand why anyone can have a different opinion than that based on the huge amount of evidence he's presented us with over the past 2 seasons.

14 hours ago, Shibbydoo said:

Simply can't understand why anyone can have a different opinion than that based on the huge amount of evidence he's presented us with over the past 2 seasons.

It soon sorts out the happy clapping weirdos in our support, I'll give you that. You expect it from SaintJet,  he's the Steve Bright of the forum, it's some of the others who out themselves that raise eyebrows. 

15 hours ago, Shibbydoo said:

This is 100% correct. And evidently - in contrast to what some might choose to believe - it is thankfully the viewpoint of the vast majority of St Johnstone fans. Ironically, those particular supporters who accuse others of negativity towards the manager/club are the most negative fans of all. They actively choose to condone the current management of the club which continues not only to stunt our progress, but also to pull us closer and closer towards an extremely damaging situation which could take years to recover from (if it hasn't already led us to that point).

Edited by The Real Saints