Players Wages

Shibbydoo

This is what they say about their sources:

• Please note we only accept salaries from:
  • - Team/player press releases
  • - Confirmed by widely circulate articles from top tier publications
  • - Industry experts & team insiders
  • - Accurately and reliably sourced encyclopedias & databases

I'm going to take what they say about Saints with a huge pinch of salt - not only does it not look right, but I dont think much of the information has ever been in the public domain, so I dont see how they would have got hold of it.

Yep, I can't remember there ever being a press release or article that has confirmed the specific salary of any Saints player. And maybe it's just me but I don't know of any "encyclopedia or database" that would list this info either. Which means it's all coming from the very vague-sounding "industry experts and team insiders". In other words, it's rubbish.

Out of interest, I was looking for info on Saints total wage bill and came across another site, Capology, which claims to have info on the salaries of 30K players around the world. It's a subscription service i.e. there are some free bits but you need to pay to get to some of its data and this is what they say about the figures:

"All salary figures are estimates as actual salaries may vary. Unverified players are calculated using algorithms, or sourced from reporting that has not been confirmed yet."

So, you're not paying to find out what a player is actually paid, but you are paying to find out what they estimate the player is getting paid! Looks like there is quite an industry to try and make out that there is accurate data available (for a price) but the bottom line is that no-one actually knows.