St.Johnstone V Livingston - Saturday 14th January

SaintJet

22 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Thats where Davidson is now. Carey a prime example. Play him as a sort of free roaming winger who can cut in, like a Swanson, or as a "10" in front of two CMs with little defensive responsibility. Dont play him as a CM you expect to track runners. Davidson has done that, Careys confidence in himself is clearly gone, and with the fan reaction towards him yesterday hes likely blaming the manager for asking him to do what hes not comfortable doing.

Little over a year ago Carey was scoring against Roma in the Stadio Olimpico. Now he looks like he barely knows how to play football at all. That's what six months of working under Davidson does for you.

8 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Jamie Murphy looks and sounds absolute broken here: https://twitter.com/StJohnstone/status/1614354507139358720

Surely in situations like this, if a player has to go in front of the camera, the captain should be stepping forward to protect his team mates?

He seemed awfy nervous but having to defend that display must have been difficult. Don't know how they pick who fronts up but notice there is nothing from the coaching team .

24 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Jamie Murphy looks and sounds absolute broken here: https://twitter.com/StJohnstone/status/1614354507139358720

Surely in situations like this, if a player has to go in front of the camera, the captain should be stepping forward to protect his team mates?

Murphy always speaks well and not that long ago he was praising the moral in the camp. I thought it was good measured interview and he didn't look broken to me just bloody freezing!

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I still don’t know if he was about to breakdown or if it was the sound, the poor lad sounded broken and was struggling with it all 

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

He always sounds nervous, in fairness. Was the same on Sky last week

Cheers that’s good, watching the video I was a bit worried that there was a bit more going on with him, should of been the coaching staff or the captain at the very least doing that interview in my opinion 

10 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Cheers that’s good, watching the video I was a bit worried that there was a bit more going on with him, should of been the coaching staff or the captain at the very least doing that interview in my opinion 

That would require either of them to have some bottle and take responsibility. So never going to happen.

2 hours ago, pezza70 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if there is more to it tbf. Agree that the manager/coaching staff should’ve fronted up. That’s two weekends in a row there’s been nothing

10 hours ago, pezza70 said:

I still don’t know if he was about to breakdown or if it was the sound, the poor lad sounded broken and was struggling with it all 

Possibly just the freezing cold. Thought he was one of our best players on Saturday and it was a bit rubbish he had to comment on a game where it was chucked away in the first half that he had no involvement in.

8 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

No doubt the club will still be oblivious to the total disconnect with the fans and put the low attendance down to the weather on Saturday and it being January 

The clubs "ability" to distance itself and make stupid decisions is in a league of its own. It's a terrible state of affairs at the moment and I worry for our club with the complete lack of aggression and effective leadership. Dreadful.