St.Johnstone V Livingston - Saturday 14th January

SaintJet

On the back of a really bad run of form a win in any way would release some of the pressure building up on the team and the manager.

We welcome Livingston to McD on Saturday and they are on their usual highly impressive run and looking a banker to be top six again. Livi employ a high workrate closing down game and absorb pressure all day long patiently waiting on the opportunity to spring an attack and they take their chances well when they arrive. This is one game where you don't want o go behind early or it will be a long afternoon.

I'll be in the minority I guess but I like Martindale - he always gets the best out of his journeymen players and I find his assement after the game always refreshing as he tells like it is.

Might there be changes to our starting eleven? Who knows but a good home performance is well over due.

45 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

On the back of a really bad run of form a win in any way would release some of the pressure building up on the team and the manager.

We welcome Livingston to McD on Saturday and they are on their usual highly impressive run and looking a banker to be top six again. Livi employ a high workrate closing down game and absorb pressure all day long patiently waiting on the opportunity to spring an attack and they take their chances well when they arrive. This is one game where you don't want o go behind early or it will be a long afternoon.

I'll be in the minority I guess but I like Martindale - he always gets the best out of his journeymen players and I find his assement after the game always refreshing as he tells like it is.

Might there be changes to our starting eleven? Who knows but a good home performance is well over due.

Livi won't need their high press as Saints will sit back and let them dominate play.

Really hope Saints get a positive result here as if not I can see this game getting toxic.

With fans upset about Rangers game tickets, the run of form, not everyone but certainly enough starting to really question Davidson again, the rumours that Spoony is looking elsewhere as there’s not the budget to offer him what he wants.

I m not sure I believe the Spoony rumour, not seen anything to confirm someone isn’t just making it up but him going to Utd I keep seeing get mentioned.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Just have to see what midfield Callum Davidson picks out of the hat for this one - anyone’s guess really…

1. David Wotherspoon

2. Daniel Phillips

3. Melker Hallberg 

4. Cammy MacPherson

5. Jamie Murphy

6. Graham Carey

7. Max Kucheriavyi 

8. Ali Crawford

9. Cammy Ballantyne

10. Murray Davidson 

11. Ryan McGowan

We can now officially name a starting 11 of players that Callum Davidson has tried at centre midfield…

You have to laugh or you’ll cry!!

If Spoony starts on the bench yet again, with no explanation, you have to think that's a pretty big statement about his future.

What's the situation with Murray Davidson? Has anything been reported about when he's supposed to be due back?

I suspect we might see Liam Gordon benched for this one, which would probably mean a back three of McGowan, Mitchell and Considine, with Phillips coming back into the midfield. I'm really hoping we don't start Carey and Murphy together yet again. And Clark has to come back in to partner May.

55 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

If Spoony starts on the bench yet again, with no explanation, you have to think that's a pretty big statement about his future.

What's the situation with Murray Davidson? Has anything been reported about when he's supposed to be due back?

I suspect we might see Liam Gordon benched for this one, which would probably mean a back three of McGowan, Mitchell and Considine, with Phillips coming back into the midfield. I'm really hoping we don't start Carey and Murphy together yet again. And Clark has to come back in to partner May.

Was told that Murray Davidson has a wee clean up operation coming up, nothing major

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I would be amazed if there is any substance to this Spoony talk. If there is one player who is synonymous with the success the club has had over the recent years it's David and you have to find a way to keep him at the club no matter what. 

Wotherspoon has still loads to offer and can change a game in a heartbeat.

41 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Wotherspoon has still loads to offer and can change a game in a heartbeat.

That's a reason for us to want to keep him, but is it a reason for him to want to stay?

Unless he's thinking he can break Liam's appearance record (no idea how realistic that is without looking up the numbers), he's basically achieved all he's ever going to achieve at Saints. If I was him, with a World Cup under my belt and Canadian nationality, I'd be asking my agent if he can get me a move to the MLS and one big payday before my playing days are up.

33 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

That's a reason for us to want to keep him, but is it a reason for him to want to stay?

Unless he's thinking he can break Liam's appearance record (no idea how realistic that is without looking up the numbers), he's basically achieved all he's ever going to achieve at Saints. If I was him, with a World Cup under my belt and Canadian nationality, I'd be asking my agent if he can get me a move to the MLS and one big payday before my playing days are up.

According to Transfermarkt he’s 104 off, achievable?

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I dont understand why we have stopped the clark-may lineup. Is there some technical reason we have gone away from that in terms of starting lineup/player availability? For a few games we were back watching enjoyable football again and seemed to have turned a corner....

33 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

I dont understand why we have stopped the clark-may lineup. Is there some technical reason we have gone away from that in terms of starting lineup/player availability? For a few games we were back watching enjoyable football again and seemed to have turned a corner....

Clark had a bug v Hearts and struggled through the game, so didn't start v Aberdeen.

That was Callum Davidsons explanation. 

34 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

skysports-callum-davidson-davidson_5614904.jpg

“Liam’s been struggling a wee bit with a hamstring,” he said.

“He’s basically been playing through a tight hamstring for the last few games.

“We need to make sure we get to the bottom of it and make sure he’s 100%.

“We’ve had him scanned and we’ll get the results this week.

“He’s probably 50/50 for Saturday.”

:laugh: Playing through injury when we have more than two squads worth of players? Madness.

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

“Liam’s been struggling a wee bit with a hamstring,” he said.

“He’s basically been playing through a tight hamstring for the last few games.

“We need to make sure we get to the bottom of it and make sure he’s 100%.

“We’ve had him scanned and we’ll get the results this week.

“He’s probably 50/50 for Saturday.”

:laugh: Playing through injury when we have more than two squads worth of players? Madness.

And when he has been shit.

21 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Hope not. We are needed in the league leave the demo for cup game. I know I will get the come back “ the club didn’t think of us” etc. The players weren’t involved in the discussions they need our support..COYS. 

that’s why I am going to cup game.