Saints Supporters Club

Cleveland-Saint

19 hours ago, slf said:

You’ll find it’s longer than that .

it’s a fine club and if you want a quiet pint .it’s the place to be. 

I've always liked the Barrossa club and it's a shame it's not used by more locals.

Been on plenty away game buses and even when on my own was easy to make friends. 

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Any time I've walked past the place I've wondered if it's even still open for business. With those big blue blocks on the outside that make it look like its windows are boarded up, it doesn't exactly seem inviting/welcoming. Maybe I'm missing the point of the place but could it not be marketed as more of a Saints-themed sports bar that also runs buses to games and maybe does some food too? Has it ever hosted fan zones before our bigger games, or events etc? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that promoted anywhere. As an outsider looking in it just seems a bit ... dead?

Get in and have a look around, it is dead mostly same people who go in, Ally Stirton and the Commitee try different initiatives to get people in , Lark Saint used tae organise Saint nights

I was speaking to Bev a while back about exactly this, as I was hoping to join a supports bus to the game at Tannadice this year, and was shocked to hear about the death of St.Johnstone supporters clubs and organised buses to away games. Sounds like there is enough enthusiasm and know how on this thread alone to breathe life back into it at grassroots level.

Really disappointed to hear that the only remaining regular bus is the McDiarmid Park supporters’ bus.

A Fair City bus occasionally departs from The Bank Bar, Barossa Street Saints run a bus to only around 50% of away games.

So many of our supporters travel from out with Perth that surely there is scope for a Perthshire Saints bus?

An Edinburgh Saints group would interest me but not sure there is enough demand these days with the dwindling numbers. 

On 1/25/2023 at 8:12 AM, blueheaven said:

What Saints fans could actually benefit from is a Supporters Trust, which is a bit different. It would be a proper body who would raise funds with the aim of getting an actual seat on the board for a supporters representative. If the worst came to the worst with the ownership situation it would also give the supporters a route into fan ownership. A lot of clubs have these but Saints fans have never really been motivated to do it as our ownership's been so stable for such a long time.

I'm a member of a Supporters Trust for a non-league club in England. I pay an annual membership fee and in return I get to vote on the Trust's position on major issues, which is then represented at board level (it also gives me benefits like priority for tickets for bigger games). The plan is for the whole football club's ownership to eventually be handed over to the Trust. The Trust also plays a part in raising funds for the club, selling merchandise, etc.

There's an interesting blog here by Alastair Blair about the Saints ownership situation and whether fan/community ownership might be an option.

Info on supporters trusts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supporters'_trust

https://thefsa.org.uk/fan-resources/resource-training/supporters-trusts-training-resource/setting-up-a-new-supporters-trust/

I wholeheartedly agree with this, especially in the current situation of a change in ownership and even the potential for no sale to be forthcoming. It is something that should exist to act almost as an umbrella organisation for all parts of the support and be there should something like fan/community ownership become a necessity in the future.

Quite how you go about setting up such a thing is another question entirely. 

4 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

That was 5 years ago but yes.New Chairman and  stewardess then came on board with ideas about trying to get place more Saints friendly

The Place was rammed with Saints fans after the cup win in 2014

Many promised to get membership and attend regularly.sadly many never returned

They have also tried various membership initiatives 

16 busses from Barossa for the final,Ancientsaint and Hoodlum had a few days out in Glasgow reviewing hostelries to book the buses in, they had very understanding wives!

Place was buzzing despite shity guitar player at night and ques at the bar.

Back in the day it was only  a 10 minute walk to Muirton so very popular pre and post home games. 

Not been in for a while but no reason why it couldn't be jumping again.

The Highland Saints are still going strong. We've come off our page on the Forum and onto WhatsApp as that's probably how most people communicate now-a-days. Often take a car or two to home games.

In regards to a supporters trust, I know that Dumbarton have a very good one that help support the club. I may have been a member at one time. Just checked and its a tenner a year. Bargain.

Screenshot_20230126-220723_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230126-220709_Drive.jpg

2 hours ago, saintbear said:

Never on here much now

but would have loved a craic at the saints club

has potential very much so

Don't know much about the current set up or how busy it is but that would have been a good fit, I am sure that would have seen a lot of new members joining up.

14 hours ago, saintbear said:

Never on here much now

but would have loved a craic at the saints club

has potential very much so

Great memories of the Dunkeld road club and the under the old stand bar and lounge....  suppose the 208 filled in for some for a bit there too. Barossa is there, shame it's not more central to the saints core. The Caley Bar has positioned itself as the Saints pub in town.......

Edited by MySpazz