Saints vs. Celtic 14/04/07

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good first half from Saints. Bit nervous in defence though.

What about the dive for the penalty? Disgrace. And can McGeady ever stay on his feet?

Jason should've scored early, but the boys have done brilliantly to get back in to the game and should really be ahead.

Second half - C'mon!!!!

I'm stuck here out in the middle of the atlantic and BFPS TV have not taken the game. Unbelievably after screening Saints earlier legs. So I'm going off teletext. Which is slow Saints were 1-0 down for 15 minutes before I saw that they'd equalised. Was it a Penalty ?? Or was it a dodgy decision? Can anyone keep me updated.

sounds like saints really had a good go, so thats all we can ask. unfortunate that we didnt get another goal out of it and get a deserved replay but a great performance is all we could want. and on the day that wasnt quite enough.

So, once again, from what I gather, a dodgy pen. has won it for them. Can anyone tell me why ref's in Scotland 'fall over themselves' to award the OF dodgy penalties and NEVER apply the element of doubt to the advantage of the 'underdogs'. I await to hear what the majority of our fans who were at the match have to say about the decision. Cheers - bye for now.

Even bbc scotland said it was a soft penalty that tells you how soft it really was!! Well gutted as should have taken something out of that game. Really well done to the saints team all round great effort and a great performance. Well done to the fans as well for the noise which was heard both on the radio and on the tv well done.

Ref cost us the game today, firtsly gave a way a very soft penality Kev did not touch him!!

Then Gave a very soft free kick, which resulted in the getting a corner and scoring!

Very proud of my team today, the Saints fan were great and we outplayed them for long peroids of the game, well done Saints, but yet another glorious defeat for the blues!!

Guest Nairn Saint

God we had our chances to win that game but it was not to be. Celtic's first was a very soft penalty that looks worse every time you see it. Their second was down to poor defending at a corner.

Overall, we deserved more out of the game and, but for bad luck in front of goal, we could easily have got a second goal.

Well played Saints!

what a game just back. never saw the penatly clearly but a keeper should know not to do that. was supprised he was not booked or sent off really.

jason missed a chance he would have stuck away any other day of the week in the first hlaf.

superb crowd. celtic fans were non existant. was proud walking through glasgow with my saints top on. same as the hibs game the best team lost. our strikers never finished. a great day out. im shattered.

First and formost lets put this to bed It was a penalty. Slack header from James left the one i cant spell running through on cat he did dive like he had been shot by a ywelve bore but there was contact. Secondly The team did us proud out there I couldnt for long times of the game tell who the SPL champions were. We were probably unlucky not to get a penelty back But I am this guys biggest critic but he was outstanding today PEASO. along with the rest of the team not really a failure anywhere we made players like Harltley Pressley and the rest of the so called big earners look very ordinary and you can shove yer Naka whats it up yer ** he wouldnt get a game for us Aiden Macgeddie probably in the first half along with Riorden were probably there two stand outs

Saints fans were great. Peaso had a stormer and Hardie was magnificent in the second half. Very little if any contact with the pen. Just seen it on video. Arguably if Vinegar hadnt jumped The Cat would have clattered him so was probably wrong to dive in anyway. James should have cleared the header anyway.

My wife says match stats had Saints with as many shots on goal as Celtic.

Thought the players and fans were great(where do they all go every saturday though?)

Not seen the penalty on the tele but my first thought was that the ref had fot it right. The cat started to come for it hesitated and then came, if he had come the first time he would have probably got it ok.

Thought Hardie was brilliant, not sure who got man of the match, but I would give it to hardie.