St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Saturday 16th December

SaintJet

Rearranged from the holiday weekend on the 30th - mixed feelings on this one for me; good to have a game this weekend but will miss the festive cheer later.

Another tough game for us but a game we really need to be taking something from with tough and potentially pivitol fixtures looming over the holiday period.

Got to think Levein will again sit in again and hope to settle into the game and get the defence comfortable. Hibs have some weapons and it's important we don't lose an early goal.

Still think this might be too soon for Clark so chance again for Kano and Jais to show some poise and get a couple of goals.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

If only there was some way we could have played this game a couple of weeks later! 😶

Exactly!

I can't help but feel that this is yet another messed up decision from the powers that be.

Clark could, and probably would have been back by that time.

Considine, who's been important for us this season, would also have had an extra couple of weeks to get up to speed.

Not to mention the money that will be lost by not playing the game during the Christmas/New Year week, when many will be off work and looking to get out of the house. The opposite is the case this weekend.

Oh, and of course the fans, who will not get any home football at all this Christmas time.

If Paw Broon wants more people to turn up to games, then make it easy for them to do so, and stop making ridiculous decisions like this.

Anyway, important game for us, as it's the only home game in the run up to the break and we need to be bold and take full points. Especially with some really tricky away games on the way.

Levein will probably go along the same lines as last week, but there needs to be a big improvement on that performance.

And if we need a goal (or two) going into the last 20 minutes, for crying out loud, let's see what Jephcott can do. He's not been involved for ages and certainly isn't going to score from the bench.

It's not like we have loads of options in that area.

A 1-0 win for us with Jephcott getting the winner 10 minutes from time, after which we drop back to our own box and camp out in front of Mitov.

It worked for Mourinho...

25 minutes ago, Gekko said:

Exactly!

I can't help but feel that this is yet another messed up decision from the powers that be.

Clark could, and probably would have been back by that time.

Considine, who's been important for us this season, would also have had an extra couple of weeks to get up to speed.

Not to mention the money that will be lost by not playing the game during the Christmas/New Year week, when many will be off work and looking to get out of the house. The opposite is the case this weekend.

Oh, and of course the fans, who will not get any home football at all this Christmas time.

If Paw Broon wants more people to turn up to games, then make it easy for them to do so, and stop making ridiculous decisions like this.

Completely agree with this, and would also just add that the club couldn't even be arsed to inform us of the reason for moving the game. Complete apathy from the club towards the support and yet they moan about it when apathy is what they get back in return.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

No Kane or Clark so it has to be Costelloe up front on his own or 4-6-0.

Certainly don't want May as sole striker and would prefer Costelloe wide to combat Boyle or Uan?.

Why would Costelloe play up front on his own? Think DJ and May are both ahead of him in the queue if we're going to play a lone striker.

Good to see Levein saying in his interview that the task isn't to stop Hibs but to score goals ourselves. Will be interesting to see if that plays out on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Why would Costelloe play up front on his own? Think DJ and May are both ahead of him in the queue if we're going to play a lone striker.

Good to see Levein saying in his interview that the task isn't to stop Hibs but to score goals ourselves. Will be interesting to see if that plays out on the pitch.

Costello has more pace than both of them and did ok the couple of times he played there. May is done and DJ can't last a whole game.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Costello has more pace than both of them and did ok the couple of times he played there. May is done and DJ can't last a whole game.

DJ was considered fit enough to start the last couple of games up front so why not this one? If he can't last the whole 90 minutes we have subs for that.

I could see Costelloe playing up front but think it's unlikely he'll be asked to do it on his own. Has he started a game up front for us on his own for us before? I can't remember him doing that but maybe I've forgotten.

Don't understand this "May is done" stuff at all. But I wouldn't be playing him up front on his own either, it obviously doesn't work.

53 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

DJ was considered fit enough to start the last couple of games up front so why not this one? If he can't last the whole 90 minutes we have subs for that.

I could see Costelloe playing up front but think it's unlikely he'll be asked to do it on his own. Has he started a game up front for us on his own for us before? I can't remember him doing that but maybe I've forgotten.

Don't understand this "May is done" stuff at all. But I wouldn't be playing him up front on his own either, it obviously doesn't work.

I am sure Levein said he was not happy with DJ s fitness.