Gowser.

Cagey

Have my game on the game in the Hibs thread and said the defence was immense but feel I have to praise Ryan McGowan.

It looked like he was destined to leave., Whether he didn't want to leave or no one wanted him was a bonus to Saints.

since Alex Clelland brought him in from the cold he has been immense. The improvement in Gordon's game has been noticeable and you can see him talking the wingbacks through the game which was more noticeable with Fran who he encouraged through the game and covered him to let him push forward.

I think he is the main reason the defence and team as a whole has improved.

we all know his is a Jambo and appears regularly on a Hearts podcast but when he is on the park he is 100% a Saintee.

He was on tv down here when they did a story on Aussies playing in the SPL and was asked was it hard missing the final squad selection for the World Cup and then not getting a game each week in club land and he said, I’m a fighter and I’m not going to leave the club with my tail between my legs, I will prove whoever doubts me wrong and force them to pick me with my attitude at training.

Edited by pezza70

I thought it said a lot about McGowan that during his frozen-out spell he did a stint as co-commentator on Saints TV and continued to speak highly of Macca and was clearly right behind the team and wanted them to do well. I'm sure he didn't have to go on Saints TV and do that role if he didn't want to.

I think he's been brilliant since he came back into the team but even that isn't a massive surprise. I think he's always been on the very, very short list of good Callum Davidson signings.

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I thought it said a lot about McGowan that during his frozen-out spell he did a stint as co-commentator on Saints TV and continued to speak highly of Macca and was clearly right behind the team and wanted them to do well. I'm sure he didn't have to go on Saints TV and do that role if he didn't want to.

I think he's been brilliant since he came back into the team but even that isn't a massive surprise. I think he's always been on the very, very short list of good Callum Davidson signings.

I think he makes it very very easy for the supporters to get behind and cheer for, every club needs players like him both on and off the field, his attitude and professionalism will hopefully rub off on some of our younger lads.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cagey said:

Photo in the courier of the chicken pox on his body.

Think it called shingles on grown ups and can be really bad and take ages to clear.

Shingles is different condition caused by the same virus lingering around the body and reactivating (my dad had it in his 40s...pretty grim affair). 

Neither fun as an adult though. Hopefully he recovers soon. 

Courier article said it was chicken pox but has all cleared up now. As mentioned above it is only shingles in an adult if they have previously had chicken pox, so maybe he never had it or used the wrong term. Either way he made it on his holiday!
 https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/perth-kinross/4865777/st-johnstone-ryan-mcgowan-pictures-worst-chicken-pox/

10 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

It obviously has differing severity on individuals but I've had chicken pox as a child and then shingles as an adult. With shingles i never really had many symptoms apart from the big rashy patches and could/did play sports no bother.

Watersports