Callum has got a job.

Cagey

30 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Either that or big payoff. Nobody just walks away with over 2 years of contract left.

I only ask because you said it in a way that suggested you knew for a fact that he was on gardening leave. From what I've read (and people can correct me if I'm wrong on this), if he was on gardening leave he would still be contracted to Saints, which would mean Saints would be entitled to ask Queens Park for compensation (if we wanted to be difficult about it!).

I'm sure there must have been some sort of pay-off involved but he'll have had a contract that allowed the club to get rid of him. Same with Macca.

I think when you get sacked, the club keeps paying your wages until the end of the contract, or you sign a new one. Is that correct? So presumably that has saved us a two wages - Craig too. Might mean an extra player in?

1 minute ago, Linky said:

I think when you get sacked, the club keeps paying your wages until the end of the contract, or you sign a new one. Is that correct? So presumably that has saved us a two wages - Craig too. Might mean an extra player in?

I don't think that's correct. Why would these guys continue to get their full salaries when they're not doing any work? Both have been doing alternative work for a while now - Davidson has been covering games for BBC (granted, that'll have been freelance) and Craig was coaching at Arbroath.

I know there have been some instances of managers being put on gardening leave but I'd be surprised if that was the norm. I think they'll have been given some sort of pay-off, probably paid in instalments.

30 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I don't think that's correct. Why would these guys continue to get their full salaries when they're not doing any work? Both have been doing alternative work for a while now - Davidson has been covering games for BBC (granted, that'll have been freelance) and Craig was coaching at Arbroath.

I know there have been some instances of managers being put on gardening leave but I'd be surprised if that was the norm. I think they'll have been given some sort of pay-off, probably paid in instalments.

But you can't just tear up someone's contract unless there's a disciplinary. I think bigger clubs would give it all in one pay off, but we wouldn't be able to afford that, so presumably just keep paying the wage

Just found this old article:

Roberto Di Matteo is still being paid his full wage - £130,000-a-week - by the club. The Italian did not agree a pay-off settlement when he was axed last season, and will continue to be paid that amount until June 2014 unless he decides to take up employment elsewhere.

Di Matteo has reportedly turned down several offers both in the Premier League and from abroad since his departure, as there are few clubs who could match the lucrative £6.76m annual salary he was earning at Stamford Bridge

1 hour ago, Linky said:

But you can't just tear up someone's contract unless there's a disciplinary. I think bigger clubs would give it all in one pay off, but we wouldn't be able to afford that, so presumably just keep paying the wage

Just found this old article:

Roberto Di Matteo is still being paid his full wage - £130,000-a-week - by the club. The Italian did not agree a pay-off settlement when he was axed last season, and will continue to be paid that amount until June 2014 unless he decides to take up employment elsewhere.

Di Matteo has reportedly turned down several offers both in the Premier League and from abroad since his departure, as there are few clubs who could match the lucrative £6.76m annual salary he was earning at Stamford Bridge

I'd be surprised if most football managers don't have something in their contract that allows the club to terminate the contract and sets out what happens in that instance. Davidson would certainly have been entitled to some sort of compensation but I'm not convinced he's entitled to his full salary for the remainder of his contract. That Di Matteo example is from quite a while ago now and who knows what a club like Chelsea might have been promising people at the time.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Im certain it was reported that Davidson had waived his right to any compensation etc., when he left the club, but i cant find it again.

Was this because it was mutual, rather than an out and out sacking?

1 hour ago, PerthSaint01 said:

Don’t believe Davidson waived compensation, and I’m also aware he received a significant (closer to 100,000 than 10,000) 5 figure bonus for the club staying up last season despite him no longer being here.

Even more reason to hate him 

21 hours ago, garydavidson said:

From his interviews in the last few months I really don't believe it would be mutual. He believed he was doing a good job.

The official line from the club was that it was mutual but I assume that's said as part of an agreement or negotiation between club and manager, and possibly does affect the compensation situation.

Don't think there's any doubt that in reality it was a sacking, though.

50 minutes ago, PerthSaint01 said:

Just asked what he’d have changed if he had the chance again at Saints on STV… 

His answer - can you guess it?

”not a lot, we had a lot of success”

Did he not say that if he hadn't been forced to change his formation against Livi he wouldn't have lost his job. I assume he thought he would have won that game and everything would have been hunky dory.

33 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Did he not say that if he hadn't been forced to change his formation against Livi he wouldn't have lost his job. I assume he thought he would have won that game and everything would have been hunky dory.

He knew he had to win so he over thought it and changed formation and lost. Reckons the mistake was changing from his beloved shitey tactics.

He's learned nothing during his time off. 

14 hours ago, rik2304 said:

He knew he had to win so he over thought it and changed formation and lost. Reckons the mistake was changing from his beloved shitey tactics.

He's learned nothing during his time off. 

If he genuinely thinks he was sacked because of losing one game, that's absolutely staggering. As is him saying he wouldn't change much if he had the chance again. I know it hasn't been brilliant for us since he left but I'm so, so glad he's gone.

Legend for the cup wins and a great player, but just listening to him in the radio the last few months and tge new manager interview going on about giving youth at queen's a chance, he's completely wrapped up in his own bubble and a bit delusional! Liam Craig his yes man? As he watched that shit fest for the last few years and obviously thinks it was fine as he's with him again.