The Split

pezza70

Not long now till the split.

What does everyone think as far as how many points will we need to avoid the play off and stay up?

Those three points yesterday RC picked up were massive for them.

Our next game against Dundee is now a massive game for us, RC have rangers still before the split but right now I think we are heading back to the playoffs route again unfortunately.

I think 34/35 points will be enough but I wonder if CL is looking at parking the bus and trying to stay up via picking up points from draws.

I presume in the relegation group teams will be taking points of each other each week, it’s definitely squeaky bum time.

COYS

19 hours ago, Dave Ferg said:

Hopefully Drey Wright will make a massive difference when fit. 

Agree completley; we've been crying out for width all season so hope he can come back and make an immeadite impact.

3 minutes ago, Gas Monkey said:

I suspect it’s the play offs for us. RC result was indeed huge and they are starting to play a lot better. Just can’t see us scoring enough goals to avoid 11th

I'm more hopeful. I like what I've seen in Sidabie and Kimpionka and Clark is always good for a goal; even Steve May is still looking sharp and on board.

It's like I said in the thread starter v Celtic we have been really unlucky with all the stop start fixtures; even going back to new year when the Dundee fixture was called off we have just never been able to get any momentum.

The split fixtures will be huge obviosly with home games against Ross and Aberdeen and away at 'Well, Livi and Dundee.

Nervy month coming up.

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I'm more hopeful. I like what I've seen in Sidabie and Kimpionka and Clark is always good for a goal; even Steve May is still looking sharp and on board.

It's like I said in the thread starter v Celtic we have been really unlucky with all the stop start fixtures; even going back to new year when the Dundee fixture was called off we have just never been able to get any momentum.

The split fixtures will be huge obviosly with home games against Ross and Aberdeen and away at 'Well, Livi and Dundee.

Nervy month coming up.

A bit premature with your top 6 are you not and not fair to be playing Dundee away 3 times but thats the way it goes.

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

A bit premature with your top 6 are you not and not fair to be playing Dundee away 3 times but thats the way it goes.

If Dundee are in bottom six come the split we will be due to play them away after the split as we will have had two home games and one away game with them.

5 hours ago, Willie Peat said:

If Dundee are in bottom six come the split we will be due to play them away after the split as we will have had two home games and one away game with them.

That postponed game confused me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

What are the chances of the game v County being made our final game of the season?

If so, I hope we will be well clear of them by that time! The way it's looking at the moment we will be at home to County and Aberdeen and away to Livi. Of the others in bottom six (two out of three) we would at home to Hibs and away to Dundee and Motherwell. Hibs in bottom six would mean three home games and two away, otherwise it will be two home games and three away.

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

What are the chances of the game v County being made our final game of the season?

Would imagine Sky would want that but it depends how many games they have the rights to..They will probably show OF games alternatively until end of season.

I doubt Sky would give a ****, to be honest. As you say, Old Firm away games - with some random game on every 6 months to show they care - from now until the end of time. 

11 hours ago, Willie Peat said:

The way it's looking at the moment we will be at home to County and Aberdeen and away to Livi. Of the others in bottom six (two out of three) we would at home to Hibs and away to Dundee and Motherwell. Hibs in bottom six would mean three home games and two away, otherwise it will be two home games and three away.

Be stunned if it works out that simplistic. 

On 4/8/2024 at 5:14 PM, Willie Peat said:

If so, I hope we will be well clear of them by that time! The way it's looking at the moment we will be at home to County and Aberdeen and away to Livi. Of the others in bottom six (two out of three) we would at home to Hibs and away to Dundee and Motherwell. Hibs in bottom six would mean three home games and two away, otherwise it will be two home games and three away.

So, 3 home and 2 away games it is.

Honestly that bottom 6 is probably the best we could have asked for.

We can beat County and Hibs at home, and should do enough for a point against Aberdeen.

Livingston are winless since February and we really need to take advantage of that. Motherwell away is the hardest fixture of them all for me.

1 hour ago, Two Cups 2021 said:

So, 3 home and 2 away games it is.

We're due 2 home games, excepted to be Hibs and Ross County.

I don't know where people's confidence comes from tbh. It all hinges on the County game and I've no confidence in us winning away to Livingston.

The order of fixtures could be huge. Ideally we get Motherwell or Hibs last as they should be on the beach mentally by then.

Nightmare scenario would be a winner takes all final game at home to County.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I don't know where people's confidence comes from tbh. It all hinges on the County game and I've no confidence in us winning away to Livingston.

The order of fixtures could be huge. Ideally we get Motherwell or Hibs last as they should be on the beach mentally by then.

If Sky are interested in bottom 6 ,which I doubt then they will want Saints v County as the last game. Even without Sky if the SPFL are interested in competition and excitement they would also want it.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

We’ve played Aberdeen away twice already, if we get them at home, it’s an even split with the right two away also

4 minutes ago, dave mc said:

We’ve played Aberdeen away twice already, if we get them at home, it’s an even split with the right two away also

19/19 home/away split is prioritised over 2/2 home/away split. With Dundee reaching top 6 it means someone in the bottom half is going to have to visit somewhere 3 times, and us away to Aberdeen gives everyone 19/19.