• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nairn Saint

Several reasons why he should bide his time and complete his apprenticeship:

Steve Paterson (Aberdeen)

John Robertson (Heart of Lithuania)

Craig Brewster (Dundee United)

All relatively successful novice managers at Calamity Thistle.

Where are they now?

Peterhead

The Bru

Back playing at 63 years of age!

Kenny has come out and said 100% he is staying at Dunfermilne. Why hasnt OC come out with something similar about staying at Saints?

The fact he is on holiday should have nothing to do with the situation. There are such this as agents, mobile phones and email you know.

Kenny has come out and said 100% he is staying at Dunfermilne. Why hasnt OC come out with something similar about staying at Saints?

The fact he is on holiday should have nothing to do with the situation. There are such this as agents, mobile phones and email you know.

He's obviously told Saints he's happy so probably doesn't see the need to interupt a family holiday.

OC's best mate Ian McCall (how many best mates can one guy have?) famously said how loyalty was his mantra and how he couldn't be happier at Falkirk... then left for Tannadice. OC won't make the same mistake. Motherwell could offer him £1,000,000 p/a for example!

So can I ask then Muzz, you say that your source is 100% reliable so you can give all these St Johnstone fans on here a guarantee that Owen Coyle will not be the new Motherwell manager?

The only person that can be 100% certain on what the future of Owen Coyle is Owen Coyle himself!

The Motherwell boards appear to have calmed down a little and there has been no more claims that Coyle has agreed to come to Fir Park. Probably find that it will all pick up again in the coming days!

yes he will be here for next season.

Because there's really nothing for him to say. If it's a non-story then there's no need for him even to deny it.

We went through this same pish when Dunfermline were supposedly after him (they weren't) last year. There was never any interest, there was never any chance of him going, so there was never any need to make a statement.

Having said that... as Radford says, he can "never say never" in case a ridiculous offer comes along.

So can I ask then Muzz, you say that your source is 100% reliable so you can give all these St Johnstone fans on here a guarantee that Owen Coyle will not be the new Motherwell manager?

The only person that can be 100% certain on what the future of Owen Coyle is Owen Coyle himself!

The Motherwell boards appear to have calmed down a little and there has been no more claims that Coyle has agreed to come to Fir Park. Probably find that it will all pick up again in the coming days!

Certainly appears to have calmed down!

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=377&fid=184&sty=1&act=1&mid=2133060220

Because there's really nothing for him to say. If it's a non-story then there's no need for him even to deny it.

We went through this same pish when Dunfermline were supposedly after him (they weren't) last year. There was never any interest, there was never any chance of him going, so there was never any need to make a statement.

Having said that... as Radford says, he can "never say never" in case a ridiculous offer comes along.

He is very much involved whether he likes it or not. His Chairman has made a statement, his club secretary has had to made a statement. The one missing is the important one. If he isnt going, there is no harm in coming out and saying so and puting his own supporters minds at rest. That reason alone is worth a statement.

He didn't rule himself out of the Dunfermline job last year either.

Inevitably, the speculation was raised with the manager in the post-match press conference and Owen said, “I’m flattered if someone at another club thinks I am doing a reasonable job here but I haven’t heard anything and I don’t know how these stories start.

“Having signed an extension not that long ago I’ve got a contract here until 2009 and I’m enjoying being here – it’s a lovely football club.

quote from saints website relating to the dunfermline job

Anything to read in to the fact that the club have made no comment on the official website even though Duff has talked to the press ?? Makes me wonder if things are hanging on a fine balance and they dont want to be left with egg on their face if Coyle upsticks.

What do you think would be the extra in salary he would receive between clubs?

“I’m flattered if someone at another club thinks I am doing a reasonable job here but I haven’t heard anything and I don’t know how these stories start.

“Having signed an extension not that long ago I’ve got a contract here until 2009 and I’m enjoying being here – it’s a lovely football club.

quote from saints website relating to the dunfermline job

"I haven't heard anything and I like it here," in other words.

That wasn't ruling himself out. That was just making the right noises.