Partick Thistle vs. Saints 28/08/07

Radford 72

Time for the players to give us a performance on Tuesday night. Yesterday ranked up there with the two Gretna debacles of the past couple of years, and the Thistle game at Firhill last season, and thankfully we bounced back after those with three wins, so the same at Firhill would be a relief. In saying that, I can't see it with the way we are playing and Thistle are on form at Firhill. They took a bit of a tanking yesterday - like Clyde before them - so will be looking to get back on track themselves.

If Dyer, Moon and Jackson don't get a shot now then they never will and it seems pointless wasting their time and ours. We can't just keep continuing with the same old faces and expecting them to turn it around. It's probably too much to expect a host of new faces but it would be a boost if Kerkar was on board.

I'd go:

Main

Irvine - McManus/Ruti - Ando - Dyer

Weatherson - Hardie - Moon - McCluskey

Peaso - Jackson

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weatherston is not a winger, time to accept that and finally play both him and McCluskey in their natural positions. It beggars belief when you have a striker playing on the right wing when we are struggling to score goals despite the fact that we have a natural right winger who is having to play on the left.

Yesterday was maybe an exceptional case since Hardie was suspended and the only other midfield option was Kevin Moon, but there's no way - in my mind - that we can continue punting McCluskey here, there and everywhere whilst Weatherston continues to underperform out of position. Give him a run up front and see how he goes.

Main

Irvine - McManus/Ruti - Ando - Dyer

Weatherson - Hardie - Moon - McCluskey

Peaso - Jackson

totaly agree, dropping mcinnes and sheering the oldies for the younger players is good! All three of them together will know that they wont get many chances in the first team this season, so they would have to play well if they started. And if they do play well, they could stay in the first 11. Good luck to the lads!

However, as much as i want dyer to get a game, stanic hasnt done much wrong.

main

irvine ruti anderson dyer

weatherston hardie kerkar mccluskey

peaso offiong

It's funny that with two new players in that line-up, it looks like a completely better team on paper.

In my opinion, all we need is a couple more signings - one hopefully being Kerkar, and the other being a decent striker, and then I will have a little more hope.

MAIN

Irvine Ruti Ando Stanic

Mcklusky Hardie Moon Sheerin

Weatherston Jackson

Give the young lads a chance now! If they cant get a game when Saints are playing shite then when will they get a game? At least if things are not going well then they will give you some effort and fight.

Weatherston is not a winger, time to accept that and finally play both him and McCluskey in their natural positions. It beggars belief when you have a striker playing on the right wing when we are struggling to score goals despite the fact that we have a natural right winger who is having to play on the left.

Couldnt agree more!

Weatherston has had ONE good game on the wing this season, and that was down at Queens. The games after that he has offered little or no threat what so over. I think its time we play him in his natural position, especially considering we are needing a goalscorer!

MAIN

Irvine Ruti Ando Stanic

Mcklusky Hardie Moon Sheerin

Weatherston Jackson

Give the young lads a chance now! If they cant get a game when Saints are playing shite then when will they get a game? At least if things are not going well then they will give you some effort and fight.

I go along with that statement . As for the team I would have Cuthbert in goal & Dyer for Stanic who is a good attacking fullback but is not a great defender. Lets build a team for the SPL, as the team OC is playing at the moment would not survive in the SPL provided they did make it.

Guest Nairn Saint

Personally I would start :

Cuthbert (Should get a start just to keep him ready)

Irvine, Ando, Ruti and Dyer

Lawrie, Moon, Hardie © (Needs the start) and McCluskey

Weatherston and Jackson

Guest Nairn Saint
Nairnzo, you've made a typo there. Not sure what you were trying to say but you've typed "Lawrie" at right midfield!

Several years back (the then) young Lawrie was a bit of a machine at right mid if my failing memory serves me. Worth a whirl in an experimental side.

Personally I would start :

Cuthbert (Should get a start just to keep him ready)

Irvine, Ando, Ruti and Dyer

Lawrie, Moon, Hardie © (Needs the start) and McCluskey

Weatherston and Jackson

so ur taking a right back and playing him right mid, when we have decent right mid playiong on the left here...................ok