Partick Thistle vs. Saints 28/08/07

Radford 72

As much as I love Saints, the performance at Clyde was difficult to take and I don't think I'm going to waste money I don't really have right now travelling to Glasgow on Tuesday night to watch another gutless performance. If we make a couple of signings before then then I might be tempted, but the way things stand at the moment, I can't justify it.

I'll probably go anyway though, in saying that. Shame on me.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nairn Saint
As much as I love Saints, the performance at Clyde was difficult to take and I don't think I'm going to waste money I don't really have right now travelling to Glasgow on Tuesday night to watch another gutless performance. If we make a couple of signings before then then I might be tempted, but the way things stand at the moment, I can't justify it.

No shame in being a loyal supporter.

Yeah, but if we play like we did against Clyde, I'll sit there and wonder why I bothered going! I can handle losing, just not in that manner.

Thats exactly how i feel. For the first time on saturday, i thought to myself 'why am i here?', it wasn't worth the time or money i don't have. I'll be there but only because come tuesday, i'll have forgotten about the low of Clyde, and will be fully optimistic of another 4 goals at Firhill.....false optimism it may be, but thats how it works.

see your point, i'm the same but i always end up going in case i miss something good. beats sitting watching shit on tv all night LAUGH OUT LOUD

Let me see.....2-3 hours travel time, possible 2 hours match duration, cost of fuel £16, turnstile £16 (say) each for two, program, food, etc £12. Then there's the expectation and subsequent let down of the display at Clyde and the general standard of entertainment so far. What else could my son and I do with 4 -5 hours and £60? See a film, have a game or two of bowling and then go for a pizza/Chinese/steak? I would suggest that the entertainment and enjoyment of this alternative is much higher and the value for money positive, unlike watching most games in div one. I will only pay £50-£60 so many times and be the opposite of entertained before I decide to try something else. Giving this one a miss.

I'll be there :D

I dont care if we are sh*t

I dont care if there are SEEMINGLY better ways to spend my cash

I dont care that I am going to have to leave Dundee and Drive past my house to get to Glasgow and then drive back to Perth after, quite probably, another humping from a team that couldnt lick our boots last season.

So what dya expect me to do, gie up supporting them coz we have had 4 crap performances?!

One thing is for certain we may be bad now but I guarantee we will get a whole lot worse if folk start giving up at this very early stage. Players are getting a kicking on here but what about the Fickle fans?

Support them or dont its up to you but if everybody stops going where is the money for the 'Killer' signing coming from? (You know the one everybody is screaming for on other threads).

We are a small team with big ideas, lets try not to forget that.

We are Perth

We are SJFC

Thick or Thin, Better or Worse

Keep the Faith!

I'll be there :D

I dont care if we are sh*t

I dont care if there are SEEMINGLY better ways to spend my cash

I dont care that I am going to have to leave Dundee and Drive past my house to get to Glasgow and then drive back to Perth after, quite probably, another humping from a team that couldnt lick our boots last season.

So what dya expect me to do, gie up supporting them coz we have had 4 crap performances?!

One thing is for certain we may be bad now but I guarantee we will get a whole lot worse if folk start giving up at this very early stage. Players are getting a kicking on here but what about the Fickle fans?

Support them or dont its up to you but if everybody stops going where is the money for the 'Killer' signing coming from? (You know the one everybody is screaming for on other threads).

We are a small team with big ideas, lets try not to forget that.

We are Perth

We are SJFC

Thick or Thin, Better or Worse

Keep the Faith!

I wasn't just talking about these last four games. Try last four seasons, apart from last year in patches.

Your loyalty is admirable and your endurance goes beyond mine - and that's not me being sarcastic or rude.

I wasn't just talking about these last four games. Try last four seasons, apart from last year in patches.

Your loyalty is admirable and your endurance goes beyond mine - and that's not me being sarcastic or rude.

I do appreciate your comment and largely agree with your points. I get no satisfaction from some of the displays we have had over the seasons, I just got this voice in my head saying it'll be better next week...

I am however receiving treatment for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and between therapy and blind faith in SJFC its costing me a fortune :lol:

Let me see.....2-3 hours travel time, possible 2 hours match duration, cost of fuel £16, turnstile £16 (say) each for two, program, food, etc £12. Then there's the expectation and subsequent let down of the display at Clyde and the general standard of entertainment so far. What else could my son and I do with 4 -5 hours and £60? See a film, have a game or two of bowling and then go for a pizza/Chinese/steak? I would suggest that the entertainment and enjoyment of this alternative is much higher and the value for money positive, unlike watching most games in div one. I will only pay £50-£60 so many times and be the opposite of entertained before I decide to try something else. Giving this one a miss.

So good to see another forumer lives in the real world!!! You are 100% spot on Andrew.

I do appreciate your comment and largely agree with your points. I get no satisfaction from some of the displays we have had over the seasons, I just got this voice in my head saying it'll be better next week...

I am however receiving treatment for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and between therapy and blind faith in SJFC its costing me a fortune :lol:

Good on you Scott. Weve all been where you are at some point in our Saints supportingg careers.

I know you are joking, but when you think about it, supporting a team could well be a form of OCD!

Thanks for that Scott, it made me laugh and goodness knows I could do with a laugh after Saturday.

I will accept a loss for this game on the matter we can start to win league games again. However it is predictable that we will go and put on a good show and be comfortable winners. (leaving the questions why can we not do this in the league)

Has Thistle bubble burst already? A fistle season ticket holder last week believed they would win the league... LAUGH OUT LOUD

Get the bus. 40 or 61 will take you right up the Maryhill Road

For the underground st georges cross is the best place to get off and just walk up maryhill road.

The 40 or 61 you can get at the back of the st enoch centre or anywhere up hope street and it takes you up maryhill road and not far from the stadium.

this will be only my second game of the season and i hope its better than the last time i wandered round the corner to that ground.

dont know what to expect which probably is the best way to go about it.