Derek McInnes - New Manager

Broon

Derek Mcinnes pours his fekin heart out when he plays!! Did you not see the proudness on his face lifting the cup? he wanted to win that!!

Like i have said in previous posts I was lucky among others to have him as a coach and his tactical awareness was amazing! I asked him how he felt about getting booed and he looked me in the eye and said' I would do anything for this club' and continued 'club comes first, supporters come second'

okay I made that quote up but just pretend he did say that!

i sometimes wished he got subbed when he was having a stinker of a game, but give the guy a chance . we did it with coyle, why not with del boy?

you cant assume a snooker player would be crap at pool can you?

thats why they call me terry tibbs....good night:)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But your saying lining up as if we had a wealth of talent to choose from. It was essential that either Stewart or McInnes were given the job as you say we have important games coming up. Yeah i remember Firhill well but i wouldnt consider that a leadership issue.

First of all I disagree it was essential that Stewart or McInnes were given the job. I'm not convinced that appointing from within or this continuity stuff counts for much. And the Firhill incident is exactly the sort of event where leadership counts - if only to stick by your team and not go off into hiding.

i dont see the problem as tatical, our confidence has taken one hell of a beating last season and without class like James,Hardie,Milne,Scotland,Mensing, Mcinnes not playing well, Sheerin not at his best, Peaso out of favour, Jackson in his first first team season..

Again I've got to disagree - at Dens (both against Scumdee and on Sunday), we tired in the 2nd half and the dugout failed to make the necessary changes. Confidence doesn't come into it that much - otherwise we wouldn't have almost thrown away a 3-0 lead yesterday.

IMHO the problem has been that we've been unable to hold onto a lead this season, partly due to tired legs in an ageing side (e.g. McInnes, Sheerin and Goran) and partly due to the management's inability to change tactics to adapt when the opposition try something different. Injuries and form has been a problem but how often have off-form players been kept in the side? We had similar injuries last season and yet managed to show more hunger and fight.

Sunday was a big improvement but I think the jury's still out on how much that was down to the occasion and how much to Sandy Stewart's influence instead of McInnes.

We certainly haven't done "as well as can be expected" this season - we're 12 points off the lead, out of the CIS cup and although Sunday was a great occasion, four league wins by the end of November tells it's own story.

Derek Mcinnes pours his fekin heart out when he plays!! Did you not see the proudness on his face lifting the cup? he wanted to win that!!

Like i have said in previous posts I was lucky among others to have him as a coach and his tactical awareness was amazing! I asked him how he felt about getting booed and he looked me in the eye and said' I would do anything for this club' and continued 'club comes first, supporters come second'

okay I made that quote up but just pretend he did say that!

i sometimes wished he got subbed when he was having a stinker of a game, but give the guy a chance . we did it with coyle, why not with del boy?

you cant assume a snooker player would be crap at pool can you?

thats why they call me terry tibbs....good night:)

brilliant post, well done

i second all that if its true

brilliant post, well done

i second all that if its true

of course its true, he helped ,me put one past o'brian with my left peg.......speaking of which is also a gentleman as some of my PSJ colleagues would disagree.

ONe of the nicest goalies i have met and was very encouraging!

as for Del Boy (according to the scotsman) being manager.... well done and i will be backing that right from the word go......go!

I heard spencey reveal the news tonight and was fuming!

McInnes is the only player in our whole squad that i dislike.

The board taking the cheap way out as usual.

My dream was to have Weir back - he just has that enthusiasm that players want to play for.

Now i've caught up with my forum reading i've calmed down and can see a lot of sense in this appointment. He has contacts in scot eng and france. we didn't have time to interview every1 and think about it with transfer window coming up an the doc an rocco situation needing resolved.

Like to think he'll hang the boots up an give 100% to managing. He won't be great loss on park. liked the 433 formation on sun. so with him out of way team picks itself with sheerihno hardie an rocco in mid an peaso doc an jacko up front. -get Mensing back2.

So lets get right behind our new manager and forget about all this talk of this season being over! We've just won our1st cup an Hamilton dropped points so we'll be top by end of season!

Can hear the fans moaning already when leaving Ibrox next season saying they knew McInnes would lie down to them

Perhaps Geoff wasn't impressed by the quality of applicants - would they really offer more than appointing McInnes? Perhaps their initial targets didn't want to take the job at this time? So with importance of not letting the gap behind Hamilton get any bigger, perhaps he believed Del capable of getting the best out of the current squad? He would've asked Kevin James for his opinion first, and with the urgency needed over getting a deal done with Deuchar decided to plump with McInnes.

Geoff is no fool and at least is taking this option of a short term deal to protect the club from having to cough up on a huge payout should things go tits up.

The Courier reckons McInnes will be appointed and bring John Brown in as his assistant

I, too, am split with this decision, if it is true. I think that the board must be too, if they are only giving him till the end of the season initially.

I can see the pros and cons as has been discussed, and I actually feel quite settled with this appointment. We can now use the money made from Coyle to get Deuchar and Quinn.

I think that the interesting part will be who is appointed assistant. With McInnes not having much experience, for me, it is essential that we appoint someone to assist him that does. He needs a strong personality to bounce ideas off. I do not think that John Brown would be good enough in that respect.

All in all, I am fairly relaxed about McInnes being appointed. He will have the desire to do well, especially after seeing first hand the opportunities it can open up if he does. He has the contacts to get some good players in and has experience at the highest level of football under his belt.

The more I think about this, the happier I am. None of the other names being bandied about are particularly exciting. I never really rated Weir as a coach, Dodds has done very little since hanging up his boots, the less said about the usual list of useless buggers like Duffy the better. The best managers we've had over the past we while have been young guys out to prove something and while I'm not a big fan of McInnes as a player he's certainly committed and he's very good at coaching other players when on the pitch. He'll need a good assistant, especially if he's going to keep playing, but I think he's a good choice.

The best managers we've had over the past we while have been young guys out to prove something and while I'm not a big fan of McInnes as a player he's certainly committed and he's very good at coaching other players when on the pitch. He'll need a good assistant, especially if he's going to keep playing, but I think he's a good choice.

I agree - it could go either way. I think the difference with Del and Coyle is the promotion from within aspect and whether or not he'll continue playing (i.e. as a first choice as opposed to OC's role as squad backup). The choice of assistant is crucial. IMHO it has to be someone with a reasonable amount of managerial experience (either as assistant or boss) as opposed to just coaching, and I think ideally we want someone from outwith the Saints setup as his assistant to get a fresh view on things.