The old fashioned "when's the away strips due" sag

chopper

Did we not used to make our own strips at one point? The St Johnstone Collection (or something like that) springs to mind.

Aye but the room where they made them under the Main Stand got turned into the players family lounge, and Aggies hands wir in ruin with all the sewing.

Did we not used to make our own strips at one point? The St Johnstone Collection (or something like that) springs to mind.

Sort of, I think the company who made them might have been called Premier Sports (feel free to correct me on this), they made the strips with a 'The Saints Collection' logo on them. This gave the appearance that we were making our own line of sports wear but in reality they were doing the same thing for a lot of other clubs too (Raith Rovers for one).

John, not sure what you mean with that sort of answer but there a plenty of folk on here who are fed up with the hollow promises we get from Xara and the club about when these shirts are going to be available. People have already paid

The point is that we have been over this and Saints will not be changing from Xara.

The "YAWN" was me saying that I was not going to repeat what has been said already.

This thread will run and run with people saying Nike, TFG ......

It WILL still be Xara next year.

The St Johnstone collection was the same guy that now does Xara.

A lot of the problem is with presentation, to be honest. If the fans were told there would be two new strips a season, with one available at the start of the campaign and the other at Christmas, nobody would complain too much - as long as it was consistent from one season to the next.

It would be more of a problem to get an away strip in December this year then a new one in July all of a sudden.

The point is that we have been over this and Saints will not be changing from Xara.

The "YAWN" was me saying that I was not going to repeat what has been said already.

This thread will run and run with people saying Nike, TFG ......

It WILL still be Xara next year.

The St Johnstone collection was the same guy that now does Xara.

To be fair Scobby (and others) are new... he wont know the story behind why it's beneficial to be with Xara...

They pay us, to wear the tops and provide all the team's kits, training gera etc for free... no-one else would be nearly that good and they would mena Saints paying out a fortune to stock everything and deal with everything.

Nike

Dream on, saints would end up with niks not Nike. To be honest though I would much prefer a strip that is late every year but made by a company not renowned for its sweat shops and poor treatment of workers, than buy a mass produced Nike effort that