From the BBC website - Winter poised for saints

pezza70

Wouldn't be too unhappy with this signing. Never seen him play, but he joined Aberdeen from Leeds with a good reputation and played for them for most of the second half of last season.

I think he's supposed to be a box-to-box midfielder, so in that sense he could be a good addition. But I'd be worried if it was just a loan deal with no option for a permanent contract - I'd don't think he's such a fantastic player that he's going to make a massive difference from now to the end of the season only, and I feel we need to be building for the longer term rather than just trying to acheive the unlikely goal of clawing back the midden this season.

The problem is if he comes here and plays brilliant they will just want him back. On the other hand, if he comes and does terrible we wouldn't want him. Loans are a means to an end - they don't really help the club in the long run. If it helps us catch St Midden though then fair enough. I wouldn't turn down ronaldinho on loan :D

Not to happy about all this loan signing stuff. Where does this really leave us for next year.......IMO with exactly the same holes and problems we have right now

What if, Owen has targets that he cannot get till the end of this season? What if Owen would sign a certain player if he knew what division we'd be in or who was in the division etc?

Its the way of football now, and we need to make the most of it... i'd rather we filled a gap on a temporary basis than left it unfilled.

This came from a brutally honest aberdeen supporter

"He's looked promising so far, comfortable defensively and not too bad going forward, very raw but has good potential, has got a great shot on him as well. He's like a very poor man's Frank Lampard. Should do ok in division 1."

Very trustworthy when it comes to assessing players.

Sounds like a decent signing for the first division IMO.

Well as a dandy don, using this site for team news etc for betting purposes i've give you my opinion on Jamie Winter. Doesn't seem to get involved enough for me in the midfield for Aberdeen, the game seems to by pass him. He has played as a sweeper and done quite well there against Celtic got many fans man of the match that day and he really did well. Next game he was in the midfield and got subbed in the second half after being very poor. I'm not a big fan of Winter to be honest but he is still young enough to make it in the game and for a positive i suppose Brian Punty Airdrie Striker was really gash at Aberdeen and i didn't think he would ever do well but he's scored 10 goals for Airdrie this season. Also a positive Mackie went to Inverness CT when they was a first division team and did quite well there on loan and become a better player for it.

I was reading after the Gretna game you think your midfield is very weak, and maybe its a short term but if it helps you team till the summer and get a decent midfielder in the summer.

Good luck for the rest of the season

Milners