Homecoming Scottish Cup 4th round Draw - Saints vs Rangers

bluesaint

Rangers will fill two stands?

Think how many little **** that never go through to Glasgow there are? They will snap up tickets to come and see Rangers at McDiarmid. The point is, why treat them differently? We're giving them too much respect, they aren't that good! I am confident we'll definitely get something if we have a big backing... but I can't see this one having such a great atmosphere anymore! First they change the game to a Tuesday night... and then allocate the **** more than they should be getting?

I think it's fairly obvious that they're being treated differently because they have far more supporters than the average team that visits McDiarmid, so different arrangements have to be made. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that. Maybe the club doesn't "desperately" need the money as you say, but they're hardly so rich that they're going to turn the money down. Besides, part of the reason that Saints are doing well financially is that they know how to make a bit of money out of occasions like this one. If there was a likelihood of Saints fans filing up three stands then I'd agree with you, but realistically that won't happen - in the end the game won't be a sell-out, and I'm sure there will be a ticket for everyone who wants one, whether they be a Saintee or a Glory-Hunting TFOD-Following Weegie Stinkmeister.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well why should they be treated any different?!

We don't desperately need the money? We'll get more if we get a draw or a win anyway, it's not right. Why are they so much better than us? We nearly beat them at Hampden last time! I'm certain we could fill more than we've been given, and it'll not be like a home game anymore...

That's a bit over-simplistic. Although we're not "desperate" for the money, it would make sense to maximise the number of people in the stadium. I think the layout for the game will do this and I'm not sure what other way the board could have done it.

Having said all that I'm slightly disappointed that we havn't taken a couple of quid of the gate price. Would have been a nice gesture.

well alan main fc i think your right, i think its sh1t that the rangers come calling and get near half the ground

we should of given them what dundee get and do what killie did when they played celtic a while ago, which was give the killie fans far more tickets than usual so they could maximise the amount of killie fans

that would have been better imo and the angry rangers fan would soon shut up when we take the lead

well alan main fc i think your right, i think its sh1t that the rangers come calling and get near half the ground

we should of given them what dundee get and do what killie did when they played celtic a while ago, which was give the killie fans far more tickets than usual so they could maximise the amount of killie fans

that would have been better imo and the angry rangers fan would soon shut up when we take the lead

Glad someone agrees!

I'd be very surprised if there is a Saints supporter come the day of the game who says they cant get a ticket, we cant justify asking for a bigger share of the ground,sure we can take thousands to semi's at Hampden and thousands more to a final at Parkhead not too long ago but the truth is most folk who were at those games have rarely if ever been to a home game in Perth and thats something that just wont change.The only thing that realy maters is that there will be enough tickets for the true Saints support and why dont we fleece as many plastic weegies as we can after that.

be lucky if theres 6000 at the game .tuesday night ,charged £19 and its on television.stupid duffers a reduced admission might have worked.

Yes how stupid to take a telly deal and it's financial windfall in the current economic climate! :roll:

Saints have to cash in to bank-roll a promotion bid so I have no problem with paying £19 in the circumstances.

be lucky if theres 6000 at the game .tuesday night ,charged £19 and its on television.stupid duffers a reduced admission might have worked.

well seeing as there will probably be a small increase in numbers for the voucher games it would of made sense to reduce prices, certainly for us anyway

i think its sh1t that the rangers come calling and get near half the ground

If we didn't give them enough tickets the local perth **** would buy tickets in the Saints Supporters stands anyway. I would rather keep them away from us

I'm surprised at both the ticket allocation for the ground and the prices for admission.

Why not give Saints fans the East & Ormond, give Rangers the normal away allocation and hold back the rest of the tickets for the Main Stand to assess ticket sales for both teams.

The pricing structure will now guarantee a crowd of under 7000. A discount of £5 for season ticket holders would have been a nice gesture.

The pricing structure will now guarantee a crowd of under 7000. A discount of £5 for season ticket holders would have been a nice gesture.

that would have been nice.i still think a reduction to around £15 for the whole ground would have been fine.on the plus site there probably wont be that many rangers fans .they will likely be spending the admission fee in a warm boozer watching the game.polis and steward free .

the club have made there poxy decision.

Nah charge them their normal SPL admissions plus a nominal handling charge of say £8 and see how many of them like it....do you think we would have been given 2 and a bit stands at Ibrox (if we had the fan base)....nope theyd have stuck us in the usual corner.

TV money will certainly outway a poor away crowd

as the admin has deleted my last post, ill have to ask again.

how do i get tickets then, when i wont be at the morton game and dont have a season ticket!?

i was planning on missing college and staying at a travel lodge as it would cost more to get a train and taxi home than a travel lodge, train and then bus..

and i can celebrate the win :P

i only really need 2 tickets :-|

how do i get tickets then, when i wont be at the morton game and dont have a season ticket!?

i was planning on missing college and staying at a travel lodge as it would cost more to get a train and taxi home than a travel lodge, train and then bus..

Write to or phone the club directly.

on the official site it states when you can buy if a season ticket holder then when you have a vouvher, then it states other dates in a new paragraph i reckon thats when non couchers can buy remaining tickets

You won't have any problems getting a ticket Sean, I've got a feeling you could get your choice 3 or 4 thousand seats.

Some of you are being pathetic.

Saints fan struggle to fill 1 stand at easter road for the semi, and only had 5,000 at both the Scottish Cup semis. Our largest attendance at home last season saw no more then 4,000 saints fans against Dundee, and that was a season ticket game! Don't get disillusional thoughts that we'll fill the ground to the rafters with wild singing Saints fans because those days are long gone!

Saints DO "desperately" need the money, as every team outside the OF does, so this is an opportunity to beat them on our own turf and raise some much needed funds to assist with our push for the league title.

Also, every game we play away from home we shoot into away fans so what difference does it make if we're shooting into them at both ends? These are supposed to be professionals and I cannot remember a match when our boys have been blatantly intimidated by an end.

Just to set the record straight - no one on the Admin side deleted your post. The site, as you know, if you read all the posts was recently invaded by an alien spirit which has possibly not been totally wiped out and appears to be randomly deleting items. This is still being investigated by the owners & hosts.

i noticed they've scrapped the 16-18 gate for this one

considering im 17 and still in full time education i think its ridiculous that they expect me and a whole load of others my age who are in the same situation to fork out £17. why should this game be different to any others?

clyde and dunfermline to name a couple include students as concessions and charge £5 at the gate.

i think the club are getting a wee bit greedy here, backpockets stuffed from the bbc yet they still see a need to overcharge the supporters. Surely this tv money could allow for a 1 or 2 quid reduction on all saints tickets, lets face it the club would still be making a whole lot more than we would if we had drawn say east stirling away

Noose hit the nail on the head - we would never have had much more than 5000 Saints fans through the door, no matter when the game was being played and whether it was live on council or subscription TV.

However, you must remember that this is not solely our club's decision with regards the pricing. The rules for admission (at least they were when this argument was carried out a few years ago on the old BH forum) are that the admission price will be comparable to that of the standard price for a league match at the higher ranked club, with the standard price being no less than £14 adults and £7 concession. The price could not go higher than that of the higher division club's, but the level of pricing is to be agreed upon by both clubs if a lower level is to be charged. This will be a decision taken by both Saints and Rangers, with it being likely that the prices being charged are a guide for next season when we get promoted and play the OF 3 times at home (with a potential 4th) being happily agreed on.

Anyway, I reckon we will be lucky to see a crowd of 6000 for this game no matter what price was put on it by the club so it makes sense to charge the prices that are being charged.

i noticed they've scrapped the 16-18 gate for this one

considering im 17 and still in full time education i think its ridiculous that they expect me and a whole load of others my age who are in the same situation to fork out £17. why should this game be different to any others?

Well don't go then - watch it on TV! I am sure you weren't bleeting about paying more than that for any of the semi finals we have been in or the Challenge Cup final last year (which was nothing more than a glorified 1st division game).

clyde and dunfermline to name a couple include students as concessions and charge £5 at the gate.

Not for matches in the Scottish Cup they wont as the gate receipts are split 50/50.

i think the club are getting a wee bit greedy here, backpockets stuffed from the bbc yet they still see a need to overcharge the supporters. Surely this tv money could allow for a 1 or 2 quid reduction on all saints tickets, lets face it the club would still be making a whole lot more than we would if we had drawn say east stirling away

Who says they are overcharging? We are playing the 2nd biggest team in the country and actually being charged a cheaper price than the rules of the competition state. Remember, this isn't a first division or Challenge Cup tie against some poor opposition - it is a Scottish Cup tie against some poor opposition (albeit with a few more multi-millionaires playing for them compared to our 1!!!!!!)

the point i was trying to make chopper is that i want and try my very best to support my team all over the country, but mcdiarmid is the least welcoming to me out of the lot.

im always one of the first to back the board with most things concerning tickets/gates, especially recently with the ormond stand for saturday

however i just thought it was a bit unfair they targeted my age group and removed our gate. i dont expect too many to sympathise because i know us students are a bunch of lazy ****ers who have nothing better to do than itch our arses all day, if we get up, but its a bit unfair considering everyone pays the same for the game as they would for a league game.. but the board pick on a 2 year age group of schoolkids and students and hike theyre prices up 70% which is really what has happened