New Strip For Next Season

sideshowbob1974

My instant reaction upon seeing them is that they'd be alright if it wasn't for the horrific white blobs that they've mounted the sponsor's logos on. I'm assuming that's again a result of Wimpey refusing to budge on having the lettering on a white background (even though they happily went against this on advertising boards and their own website last year). It would look so much better if they put the logo on one line (like on their website), got rid of the white blob and put the word 'Wimpey' in white text instead.

Other than that I don't think the designs are all that bad, and the shorts are really smart - but I've learned not to completely judge Surridge kits until I've seen them in the flesh, as they often seem to have things wrong with them that mere photos can never reveal. If previous Surridge kits are anything to go by, the logos and badges will be in strange positions, the sizes weird and the sponsor will fall off after a couple of washes (maybe not such a bad thing this time!).

I really wish the club would provide some proper photos of the strips though. The one on the front page of the official site only shows you the back of the away strip, and we're not even being shown what colour the socks are. And the photo of the home shirt on the Surridge site actually appears to be a different strip from the one the players are wearing. Weird.

I'll probably end up buying the away one, as it's the better of the two and I like the novelty factor of having a maroon strip... but I'll wait for a few of you lot to buy it first so I can find out whether they fall apart after three washes!:razz:

punt the gold...

punt the oval....

and i quite like it!

hvs3f9.jpg

That's actually quite nice. If it wasn't a weird shape, and replaced the white blob with a white font for the sponsor's logo, I reckon that would be the nicest Saints shirt in a while. Needs white shorts and socks to finish it off though.:)

It would look so much better if they put the logo on one line (like on their website), got rid of the white blob and put the word 'Wimpey' in white text instead.:

....after all we tried to get Coca Cola to change their red branding to match Muirton Park's blue colour scheme. :wink:

Edited by Dev

Other than that I don't think the designs are all that bad, and the shorts are really smart - but I've learned not to completely judge Surridge kits until I've seen them in the flesh, as they often seem to have things wrong with them that mere photos can never reveal. If previous Surridge kits are anything to go by, the logos and badges will be in strange positions, the sizes weird and the sponsor will fall off after a couple of washes (maybe not such a bad thing this time!).

We'll find out on Sunday!

Afraid to say I'm another that's not too impressed with the strips. I don't mind the actual tops but the problem is the hideous sponsor's logo. I appreciate what Taylor Wimpey provide for the club in terms of finance but surely the fans have to be given some consideration as well and if the club had asked, I'm sure they'd have been given constructive feedback from a forum such as this.

In fairness to the club and Surridge, we had a kit in the late nineties that had a logo in a square white box and it was unpopular and if they'd put this logo in a white box, it wouldn't have gone down well, with them getting accused of not learning their lessons. Unfortunately, they've for some reason thought this egg-shaped thing was a better option.

There are efforts on Pie & Bovril, thrown together in five minutes, that show what we could have done, with the lettering simply given a heavy white border, something that looks so much better.

It's a real shame regarding the away top especially, since it could have been a really popular top. Obviously some fans would buy absolutely anything and I can understand that dedication but at the same time there are significant numbers that won't part with cash for a top they don't like.

Yeah I think with the Clydesdale Bank logo on the sleeves etc I think it looks better. I suspect when seen in the flesh they may not be as bad as first thought... hopefully!

I also think the fact that the gold blends in almost exactly with Murray Davidson's skin in the first photo doesn't help it. Might look better on the majority of us pastey folk!