Gig Goers Guide

Saintkev

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Due to SaintKev's mis-fortune, I was lucky enough to go and see Secret Architecture at the Redrooms at Perth Theatre last night.

If you like 'contemporary progressive jazz ideals with rock, pop & folk influences' then try and see them live in Glasgow tomorrow, Aberdeen Thursday or Edinburgh (Fri & Sat) - www.myspace.com/secretarchitecture for further details.

Line up includes Saxophonist Fraser Campbell, a young Perth lad, along with a very talented Guitarist IIan Bar-Levi & drummer Zach Mangan.

Worth seeing just for the drummers crazy facial expressions:LAUGH OUT LOUD:

• 2 months later...

Frank Sidebottom last Friday. "Everyone! Dance like a horse!" And we did :oops:

Launched his A-Z of football club songs with "Have you seen Aberdeen?" just a few hours before they crashed out of the cup.

I wonder if I can persuade him to sing a song for Rangers tomorrow night :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I dont fancy it much really OCS and Idlewild look good mind you, but a tribute act at a festival??

The Complete Stone Roses have played many a T in the Park have they not?

Not a huge draw.... But still worth a look!

The Complete Stone Roses have played many a T in the Park have they not?

Not a huge draw.... But still worth a look!

not really one for tribute bands but they have got it nailed to near perfection. seen them a few times and would go and see them again.

not really one for tribute bands but they have got it nailed to near perfection. seen them a few times and would go and see them again.

Im the same muzz, i just think they have a particular appeal as the tunes are old(ish) but there is no way they will ever reform. Probably also alot to do with the fact that the tunes are stll held in very high regard but out of all these fans, not a great deal had the opportunity to see the original band (me included)

If it was an oasis (example) tribute band i dont think they would have the same following!