Could We Lose McInnes?

CynicalSaintee

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's any doubt that McInnes will eventually be lured elsewhere if he continues on his current trajectory - hopefully it won't happen just yet, though. I don't think anyone would grudge him a move somewhere like West Brom or even the Rangers job if it came up, but it would smart a bit to see him going to a Motherwell or a Kilmarnock.

The answer to the laddies question is aye. Gotta laugh at folk suggesting Peanut as manager. Del was never, "one of the boys", hence he could make the transition.

Jody has some brilliant attributes but it probably wouldn't work for other reasons. If we promoting from within, my choice would be Hards, but then if it were my choice it would be Billy Dodds.

The answer to the laddies question is aye. Gotta laugh at folk suggesting Peanut as manager. Del was never, "one of the boys", hence he could make the transition.

Jody has some brilliant attributes but it probably wouldn't work for other reasons. If we promoting from within, my choice would be Hards, but then if it were my choice it would be Billy Dodds.

Your OUTED 101.......your real name is Sandra Browne (QoS)......Billy Dodds your having a laff :roll:

but then if it were my choice it would be Billy Dodds.

Billy Dodds stated on the radio this week that he will never apply for a managerial position. Long may this philosophy of his continue and he never, ever appears at McDiarmid Park in a managerial capacity. If we were forced as a matter of life or death to choose between the "zany" Sportsound pundits I would select Chick the Prick ahead of him.

When Del goes will he take the Doc with him or will the Doc stay as manager with Sheerin or Jody as assistants.

Sheerin is not ready to straight into management.

Would Doc want to be a manager or is he one of these guys like Sandy Stewart who is happy to be a number 2.

Why would Del want to risk going anywhere else at the moment, he is the boss at the only (?) SPL club that is well run with no debt, a chairman who will back him, decent support and realistic targets and expectations where we accept he can move on eventually and most of all in the next couple of years if we continue to run sensibly as we are at present we will be one of the strongest clubs financially??

The next few years will see huge changes in Scottish Football and wouldn't be surprised if not all the clubs who ended this season don't see the start of the next. Far too many clubs depending on money from companies linked to property and development... only today Saints have announced they are looking for a new sponsor. Keep the faith...

Cool, two hypothetical threads about a bloke who's on holiday!

Kicking a football on the beach without a care in the world. Not bothered with anything that is going on back home and no one will have told him about the managerial merry go round and how some parts of the media are touting his name around..........................allegedly.

You will be right again 101.

Kicking a football on the beach without a care in the world. Not bothered with anything that is going on back home and no one will have told him about the managerial merry go round and how some parts of the media are touting his name around..........................allegedly.

You will be right again 101.

Although its been pi55ing it down over there for nearly two weeks!

Del will defo stay put for now. No way will an English Prem club come knocking for him too much of a gamble. It would be Championship at best. It would also be a mistake for him to go sideways or backwards to another SPL team. Saints are on the up with lots of momentum. :D

Aberdeen are the only team he could realistically be linked with, not even WBA They've got a huge parachute payment to get them back up and if Mowbray goes that'll be used towards a big name like Alan Curbishley, but I think even Aberdeen need an experienced manager. I'm tipping Ian McCall for that one. :wink:

Peanut for manager? I dont think so. He's definately clever and tactically aware enough but I think he's far from a suitable candidate at the moment. Needs another season coaching and a No2 position first. To be honest I think he's too soft right now! :roll:

Billy Dodds? You're havin a giraffe! He's another one without enough coaching experience although he might do OK for a lower league team, I think he'd have a short managerial career. Likes the cameras too much these days. :cool:

Doc? I think he'll stay with Del wherever he goes. McInnes on his own wouldn't make a successful team he needed/needs Tony Docherty too! :)

Jody Morris? I just dont see him as the manager type, more of a pundit I think. :shock:

...IM(Humble)O

hibs and aberdeen could do alot worse than mcinnes

inexperienced he may be but i would imagine he would be well thought of in scotland considering last seasons success in the 1st div and for getting us through a real bad patch as well

hibs did appoint john collins before mixu, how much managerial work had he done before hibs?

Now we cant say we didn't see that coming? Mixu was always on a sticky wicket there.

Nobody suggesting Billy Reid or Ian McCall for any of these positions. Any thoughts?

Ian McCall is very much a first division manager IMO, works wonders on a limited budget, but we all see what happened at United!?

I may be wrong but Billy Reid looks to me like a "Hamilton man" he and the club suit each other!?- I may be wrong and time will tell, but I think he'd struggle to match the success he's had there than with other Scottish teams.