Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

Walking up the Dunkeld Road 

I see where you are coming from but if you are right the building in the right background should be St Andrew's Cathedral but it does seem to have windows.  I think perhaps Old High St continuing towards Jeanfield from the previous much discussed picture which would make that building the corner of Lickley St. and it does look like it.  Then again maybe I'm thinking about Barrack St. and you are further along nearer to the old Muirton Park.  Rare fun these old pictures, Chips should get an award.

I see where you are coming from but if you are right the building in the right background should be St Andrew's Cathedral but it does seem to have windows.  I think perhaps Old High St continuing towards Jeanfield from the previous much discussed picture which would make that building the corner of Lickley St. and it does look like it.  Then again maybe I'm thinking about Barrack St. and you are further along nearer to the old Muirton Park.  Rare fun these old pictures, Chips should get an award.

Agree probably not Dunkeld Road but not far off the mark. Need to re visit this one, done in by Chips again! 

Agree probably not Dunkeld Road but not far off the mark. Need to re visit this one, done in by Chips again! 

Have to wait for Chips (or Hoodlum) to put us right.  Back to the other picture, I'm now wondering if St Catherine's Road started at the garage and the foreground is the end of Caledonian Road.

Funeral  march looks to be  when the road continued up the old high st and passed the railway depot to the left of the picture and approaching end of Elibank St. which was a through road,( also cobbled,) which connected with Glasgow Road.

Seems they are heading to Jeanfield/Wellshill cemetery via bridge over rail line, where the Fire station is now

P.S. Posted when I saw the photo, then noticed sixties post further down.

Well done sixties, your older than you look.:wink:.

Edited by HOODLUM65