Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

Spot on Hoodlum, is the Peddies building not still there?

Looking forward to the then and now pics Chips, you are a star.

Yeah,. Empty for ages & now a bike shop.

Think there is still a hairdresser next door. Wouldn't imagine the same business though.

Edited by Cagey

Looking forward to the then and now pics Chips, you are a star.

Hopefully I'll get time to do this over the next couple of weeks or so. Just a case of uploading some of the decent pics onto my phone then having a wee tour around and try and capture the same areas etc. Then a bit of work to do with the images on the comp. I'll try and not turn it into a pub crawl :D

Hopefully I'll get time to do this over the next couple of weeks or so. Just a case of uploading some of the decent pics onto my phone then having a wee tour around and try and capture the same areas etc. Then a bit of work to do with the images on the comp. I'll try and not turn it into a pub crawl :D

Love the old tram pictures 

I might be wrong but would say top picture isnt St Johns place but the top of the old high street where Peddies used to be and is in picture and nail shop next to it.

Yes I was to quick when I saw St Johns Place, its top off the High St

I'm out of likes for today ya handsome bunch you :D

I think I've mentioned in the past but I am interested in trying out a then and now project with selected pics. Even to the point of superimposing them together, be a fair bit of work involved but might be fun 

How about a then and now of pubs in "The Golden Mile" it could be a fun day out although not as much as the 70's/80's due to amount of pub closures since then.

How about a then and now of pubs in "The Golden Mile" it could be a fun day out although not as much as the 70's/80's due to amount of pub closures since then.

Not too shabby an idea,with the lack of pubs/bars now I might need to have two drinks per visit :D

Here is a wee contribution to this site WE Bowling Club shortly after the new clubhouse was built 73/74ish ( the buggers put their front door right on top of my dads plot (although they did move him round the corner for a few years before finally flattening all the plots for car parking.

20160312155326_02.jpg

Old photograph of women and children in partially demolished tenement houses in Shuttlefield Close in Perth. Shuttlefield Close was where the shuttles were made for the weavers trade.

Old Photograph Shuttlefield Close Perth Perthshire Scotland.jpg

"Scotland places" describes this as a thoroughfare between South St and Canal St.

"One of the many dirty closes".

"Scotland places" describes this as a thoroughfare between South St and Canal St.

"One of the many dirty closes".

Having trouble with this one Hoodlum/Chips.  Was that the last close or pend just before Princes St?  Joined Canal St at the car showroom.

Edited by south inch

Having trouble with this one Hoodlum/Chips.  Was that the last close or pend just before Princes St?  Joined Canal St at the car showroom.

To be honest no got a Scooby. 

The last opening between South St. and Canal St. before Princes Street.  is down the side of the former Farm foods store, (which you are probably aware of) which is Cow vennel.

The top of  bollards at either end of the vennel are in the shape of a cows head.