Iconic Goals

Edstar101

Martin Buglione against Hibs at Easter Rd.

Highlight of his career I'd imagine. All downhill after that.

Gary Farquar at Easter rd was a peach if i remember correctly as well . To be iconic it really has to be in an important game though so Stevie Mays screamer on May the 17th 2014 to win the game seals it for me .

Not iconic for many as it wasn't on tv, but a goal that will stick with me for ever was stevie maskrey v raith rovers in first game of season in 1988. He ran with the ball dribbling past 6 rovers players before finishing. Like maradona v England, but more brilliant skill than speed and power. It deserved to be captured on camera, it was so good.

More than the goal itself, I remember the crowd. Long after the cheering had died away and the game had restarted, the whole 2500(?) crowd continued to applaud while the game carried on. It seemed to last for minutes.

It was surreal, like being at a concert or show or something. Don't think I've experienced anything like that at a football match before or since.

Simon f****** Stainrod. Great game, after Falkirk had got off to a great start and were 2 up after 10 minutes we pummelled them and finally got the breakthrough 5 mins from half time. I was thinking "this is going to be a smashing second half - what is that flying over Lindsey Hamilton's head"?

If Real Madrid go on to lift La Liga this season, then surely Ronaldo's goal in stoppage time last night will be long remembered.  Incredible finish.  I love the reaction of the goalkeeper - it's like 'ref, that isn't fair!'

http://deadspin.com/cristiano-ronaldo-lands-equalizer-with-back-heel-volley-1571614663

• 2 years later...

John Liddell, Saints v Queen of the South, 1960.

Brilliant goal at Muirton, Ice Rink End.  Game was first Saints' game on TV and a blow up "still" of the goal was on view in the Muirton Stand for years afterwards.

If anyone knows where I could get a copy of this it would be greatly appreciated, Im his son.