European travel

E mailed my hotel re transfer from airport and they tell me taxis from departure car park vary in price from 10 Euros to 30 Euros depending on company.

hopefully there will be a tourist information desk open or someone that can advise of which taxis do 10 E fare, or alternatively drivers understands Scottish when negotiating before getting in taxi.

Hope this helps others. 

Edited by Templar Saint

Saintees going all over the shop: London, Manchester, Doncaster, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast, Riga, Stockholm......... Vilnius

Any other connections

Frankfurt.

Saintees going all over the shop: London, Manchester, Doncaster, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast, Riga, Stockholm......... Vilnius

Any other connections

Message your hotel, my dad had to get a later flight (doesn't get in until 2AM,) they organised a taxi for him for around 15 Euros.

Thanks i will when i get my details through.

Here's a site for your Lithuanian beer - Svyturas Ekstra is my favourite, not forgetting Kiss Pear cider.

http://www.lithuanianbeer.co.uk/

Here's the airport site with what you should be payting for your taxis.  As you may get a rogue taxi driver, I suggest you go onto Google maps and work out the distance between your airport and your hotel and use that to work out a price and then agree on it before you set off

1 kilometer (from 6:00 to 22:00) 1,01 Eur

1 km at night (from 22:00 to 6:00) 1,16 Eur

1 km on weekends and holidays 1,16 Eur

1 km on motorway 1.16 Eur

Initial charge 1,45 Eur

1 min waiting time 0,29 Eu

http://www.vilnius-airport.lt/lt/planuoti-kelione/kaip-mus-rasti/taksi

A lot of the taxi drivers don't speak English so maybe a good idea to have the name of your hotel printed out.

Otherwise, you can pre book a taxi here.

http://www.etaksi.lt/en/book-taxi-online

If anyone is panning touristy stuff, I'd recommend KGB museum - quite harrowing though

http://www.vilnius-tourism.lt/en/what-to-see/museums/museum-of-genocide-victims-kgb/

I can suggests a few other things to do, other than pubs, for anyone over for more than just a couple of days. Just ask

CS

Here's the airport site with what you should be payting for your taxis.  As you may get a rogue taxi driver, I suggest you go onto Google maps and work out the distance between your airport and your hotel and use that to work out a price and then agree on it before you set off

1 kilometer (from 6:00 to 22:00) 1,01 Eur

1 km at night (from 22:00 to 6:00) 1,16 Eur

1 km on weekends and holidays 1,16 Eur

1 km on motorway 1.16 Eur

Initial charge 1,45 Eur

1 min waiting time 0,29 Eu

http://www.vilnius-airport.lt/lt/planuoti-kelione/kaip-mus-rasti/taksi

A lot of the taxi drivers don't speak English so maybe a good idea to have the name of your hotel printed out.

Otherwise, you can pre book a taxi here.

http://www.etaksi.lt/en/book-taxi-online

If it's anything like other Eastern European countries taxis are well worth booking in advance.. the airports are a total rip off..

For example in Poland you have MegaTaxi or iCar or EkoCab where they charge you per kilometer based on typing in your hotel/destination to a satnav when you get into the car and giving a price.

It usually works out on average about 1/3 of the price of "licensed" government taxis..

Wednesday 09:10 Manchester -Frankfurt-Vilnius 17:40

Saturday 06:20 Vilnius-Frankfurt-Manchester 11:55

Train from Embra Tuesday night to Manc Airport arrives 23:57. £17 single. Long wait till check in but no worth a hotel.

Megabus home to Perth 14:10 arrives 20:20 on Saturday £15.

Theres a flight at back of 6 in the morning outgoing. Think we're on the same flight back.

Theres a flight at back of 6 in the morning outgoing. Think we're on the same flight back.

I booked later flight in case I took the motor - so aye - mair hanging about Manc airport !! - think we connect on same flight in Frankfurt though? Arrives Vilnius about 17:40??

Flight home though? Hardly worth getting a Hotel the Friday night I was thinking

I booked later flight in case I took the motor - so aye - mair hanging about Manc airport !! - think we connect on same flight in Frankfurt though? Arrives Vilnius about 17:40??

Flight home though? Hardly worth getting a Hotel the Friday night I was thinking

Na we're in Vilnius early afternoon, should be in a pub for 3 so I've been told. Think we're on earlier flight out and later flight back :lol:

We're staying at a mates in Salford on Tuesday night so might see you before we catch our flight. COYS.

This was on a hotel (quite central) that I was looking at...............
From the airport by bus

Take bus number 3G to the Sparta bus stop (1 EUR per person). From Sparta, walk back a few meters, cross the street and turn left to Kaunas street. Walk straight ahead to the end of the second block (2 - 4 minutes).

1 Euro - I'm in :mrgreen:

By taxi

We recommend SMART TAXI,
telephone: +370 520 00 820. Local number: 1820.

Few folk asking questions about getting from the Airport to the town. Looks like the best bet is to use Uber - taxi should cost £4-6 Euros. They reckon the local non booked taxi's are as corrupt as you like so don't just hail one on the street - seen lots of stories of people being charged ridiculous amounts.